Stargate+Star Wars Technoloies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate+Star Wars Technoloies.

Ok I dont want to get into a hole "Stargates better because it is" Or a what looks better conversation neither do I want it stray from technology.

But from a completley technological point of view it seems that STARGATE Tech could be well enhanced if incorperated into some of the ideas from Star Wars. Even the most advanced races such as the Asgard, Ori and Tolan could still achieve massive advancements into there technology, though the SW univurse could benefit from the STARGATE univurse.
    Examples: STAR WARS
    • Small Fighters are capable of Hyperspace travel (Interstella)
    • Their shields are weved into the shape and structure of the ship other than just a buble using much more power.
    • Advance Auto Defences.

Examples: STARGATE
    • Beaming Technology (Asgard, Rings)
    • Phase Shifting
    • Acension
    • Deep understanding in Astrophysics (Creating Black Holes, Blowing up suns)
    • Time Manipulation

Please post more examples for both sides

So what technoloies from the Star Wars Franchise would you incorperate into STARGATE? Or what SG Tech could advance SW?

I brought this topic up after playing: Star Wars Empire at War. Then playing the STARGATE Mods
    Pure.

Are you talking about strictly what we see in the movies?

Because Star Wars EU has Sun/solar system destruction as well and something like phase shifting if I remember right. Planet Destruction too. Among other things.
    Last edited by Evil_Genius_McKay; 02 January 2008, 07:04 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Also the Jedi can ascend (in a way) as Obi-wan said "If you strike me down I will become more powerful then you could imagine" so SW has that too
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

These threads have been done to death.

Starwars vs Startrek vs Stargate vs dog vs cat vs cake vs icecream
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          These threads have been done to death.

Starwars vs Startrek vs Stargate vs dog vs cat vs cake vs icecream
          seconded

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
            seconded
            tehen we'll do them till after death. i tend to try not mixing star wars with anything else.

Comment

It's not actually a vs thread more like comparing technologies etc...
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

in star wars ther fighters to not have hyperspace thec but lightspeed
                as we no from the season ender form season 1 hyperspace is must faster than lightspeed

i thing star wars thec is better than stargate thec

star wars ship vs stargate ship

i reali dont no

Comment

Both Star Wars and Stargate technologies have their merits. For example in terms of fast, reliable intersteller travel, you can't beat the Stargate. But on the other hand nothing in the Stargate universe has been shown to have the ability to destroy an entire planet like the Death Star can.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bacta
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                      Both Star Wars and Stargate technologies have their merits. For example in terms of fast, reliable intersteller travel, you can't beat the Stargate. But on the other hand nothing in the Stargate universe has been shown to have the ability to destroy an entire planet like the Death Star can.
                      Though we havent seen a direct weapon capable of destroying a planet I defenetly wouldnt rule it out.
                      Note the Ori used Stargates to basicly destroy planets during the proccess of constructing SuperGates.
                      As well as Anubis's mothership, It had a very powerful super weapon so you could imagine what the Ancients or Ori could wip up in a matter of time.
                      Also Ive noticed the Irion Class Atlantean Warship has "ship-foldered" shields other than just a buble.
                      As for the lightspeed thing with fighters well its still beyond the capabilitys of any SGU Fighters.

And Yes this is just comparing tech and determening what could be best used in the other Univurse. Where not having a debate on whos tech is better.
                      Pure.

Comment

actually didnt anubis destroy abydos?

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                          he just reduced the surface and its population to dust
                          sigpic
                          Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                            Close enough to assume the Ancients or Ori couldnt make a Death Star Equivilent.
                            Pure.

Comment

Working...
                            X