Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't they use silencers for the p90s?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why won't they use silencers for the p90s?!

Gosh!
    I am so annoyed that they refuse to carry a silencer in their trunk and all their pockets. So many situations could easily have been avoided if they had just used the silencer for their p90! (Yes there is a silencer for this model of weapon.) I mean, while doing stealthy missions on a wraith hive, if wraith discovered them, they could easily have shot them down with the silencer, no damage done. But noo they have to use their loud weapons and sound the alarms.

What do you think?

because enemies must know that we are here!!!
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Because the US government didn't want to shell out the extra money.
      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Silencers work by slowing the bullet down to subsonic levels, in order to eliminate the loud "crack" it makes when exceeding the speed of sound. This means that a bullet fired through a silencer has a much slower velocity, less energy and therefore its wounding ability is much weaker. The P-90 bullets are very tiny, and their wounding ability comes mainly from their high velocity. Simply put, if you silence a P-90, it will be a lot more quiet, but it won't kill very well.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Silencers work by slowing the bullet down to subsonic levels, in order to eliminate the loud "crack" it makes when exceeding the speed of sound. This means that a bullet fired through a silencer has a much slower velocity, less energy and therefore its wounding ability is much weaker. The P-90 bullets are very tiny, and their wounding ability comes mainly from their high velocity. Simply put, if you silence a P-90, it will be a lot more quiet, but it won't kill very well.
          , and you need that power against the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

then they could use silenced pistols, like HK MArk.23 and others
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Completely moot point on the hive ship: The Wraith are telepathic. You shoot one on a hive ship and they all know.

Completely moot point on the Asurans: they're all linked through sub-space. Shoot one anywhere in the galaxy and they all know.

So what, you're quiet, but everyone knows you're there anyway. Might as well fire bullets at full velocity.
              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Shep has one on his P90 in 'Irresponsible', but doesn't use it...

Comment

Ah I forgot the wraith were telepathic. Still, why can't they just use an m16 with a silencer or any other weapon with a silencer for that matter? It's so clumsy to go on a stealth mission with a unsilenced p90!

Comment

P90's are just soo much cooler and well, they are the more effectve weapon. Like others have said, 9/10 times having a silencer adds no advantage
                    sigpic

Comment

also who says wraith wont still have the ability to hear the silenced shot, i mean its only quieter to humans

Comment

M16's looks so much cooler! Sam looked totally awesome when she was shooting down em replicators with a m16 lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
                          Ah I forgot the wraith were telepathic. Still, why can't they just use an m16 with a silencer or any other weapon with a silencer for that matter? It's so clumsy to go on a stealth mission with a unsilenced p90!
                          An M16 bullet is the same tiny .22 caliber as the P90 bullet, only slightly longer and heavier. If you want a bullet that will perform well with a silencer at subsonic velocities, you need to go for fat heavy bullets like .45.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Im not a weapons expert, then by jolly get a .45 caliber gun! Hell while we are at it why don't we just screw silencers and get magnum .357 magnums! Yee haw, can't you just see the sg team with cowboy boots and matching cowboy hats and magnums!

Comment

well i guess that would take away from the fun of having loud blast sound, or maybe because of in combat they are illegal? or perhaps they haven't thought of that yet
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X