Ori and Asgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori and Asgard

What's the deal with the Asgard? They are mentioned and play a role in the Atlantis story line but what about the fight with the Ori? Are they also being affected? What about the planets they are protecting? The SG help out with the replicators but the story line seems to dwindle when other needs arise…opinions, insights? I feel like that could have been a nice story line to incorporate in the fight against the Ori.

Originally posted by Sokar Goa'uld View Post
    What's the deal with the Asgard? They are mentioned and play a role in the Atlantis story line but what about the fight with the Ori? Are they also being affected? What about the planets they are protecting? The SG help out with the replicators but the story line seems to dwindle when other needs arise…opinions, insights? I feel like that could have been a nice story line to incorporate in the fight against the Ori.
    The Asgard were severly weakened after their war with the Replicators. The only time they battled the Ori is in the S9 finale.It has been stated in past episodes that the Asgard protected planets is one big bluff on the Asgards part.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Alright, I see your point, but why not have a similar role with SG1 as in Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The Asgard were severly weakened after their war with the Replicators. The only time they battled the Ori is in the S9 finale.It has been stated in past episodes that the Asgard protected planets is one big bluff on the Asgards part.

The Asgard were in the Alliance because they had a couple aces under their sleeves. The problem with them was, as mentioned by the evil , jelgate, their Replicator discovery. (This reminds me of the Borg and the species they discover .) They doomed themselves by commanding, in a desperate attempt, all the replicators to come forth. In Revelations, if memory serves, Thor gets his a$$ whupped because he takes a Beliskner to challenge Osiris. Consumed by the war with the replicators the Asgard started to make mistakes and neglect the Goa'uld.They had a lucky break with O'Neill but it was too late. They were not the once known Asgard empire that could uphold the protected planets treaty. As a consequence, they bluffed a lot. Then the ORI came. The Asgard busy with their salvation, once again desperate, made a mistake in their cloning procedure. Knowing they were doomed, they decided to allocate their resources in fighting the ORI and giving us what they discovered. They did an amazing job ...i'll say no more not to spoil anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar Goa'uld View Post
          Alright, I see your point, but why not have a similar role with SG1 as in Atlantis?
          The Asgard are a SG-1 race. Atlantis needs to find their own enemies and allies. Besides the Asgard are too busy rebuilding to care about the Pegasus Galaxy.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            The Asgard are a SG-1 race. Atlantis needs to find their own enemies and allies. Besides the Asgard are too busy rebuilding to care about the Pegasus Galaxy.
            The Asgard are dead not rebuilding! (Surly thats no longer a general spoiler right? Its aired and is out on DVD!)

They could only spare the ONE asgard to help with Atlantis, But even then its main job was to help us Humans with the Asgard hyperdrives and beaming tec on the DEAD!

I think Atlantis dose need its own version of the Asgard. Like the Furlings or maybe a seperate alien race which where once allies with the ancients, and trying to become the 5th race themselves!

ASs for the Asgard and the Ori. I am sure the Asgard knew about the Ori from their once Ancient alliance with the ancients, But never saw them as a threat. When it came to the invasion of the MW, The asgard where very weak, after the replicator wars. They could only ever provide limited help and send few ships to help repel attacks. Also they seemed to have other business in another Galaxy (as stated by Vasir) aswell as their cloning problems.
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
            X