Missing Ancient Warship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Ancient Warship

What ever happened to the Ancient warship the Ancients were rescued from in the episode "The Return Part 1"? It was still functional the only thing it needed was a working hyperdrive. Couldn't the team have gone back to the location of the ship and sent parts to fix it? An Ancient warship is a valuable asset. But it seems like it was just dropped from the plot.
    sigpic

TPTB forgot about it I guess

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      TPTB forgot about it I guess
      Well that stinks! Usually a new ship turns into a big deal for the plot.
      sigpic

Comment

I think we'll be seeing an Aurora in a coming ep, which shows a stasis pod.

Whether that is on the Traveler ship, an Asuran ship or the Trea/Tria still remains to be seen!

Comment

I thought it was destroyed by the Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
            I thought it was destroyed by the Asurans.
            No, the Ancients were brought back to Atlantis on board the Daedalus. They said they wanted the use of transport. The Asurans had nothing to do with the ship.
            sigpic

Comment

There were hundreds of Ancients on the Tria, the Daedalus' life support system could not handle that, and they said all of the Ancients were killed by the Asurans.

Comment

There were hundreds of Ancients on the Tria, the Daedalus' life support system could not handle that, and they said all of the Ancients were killed by the Asurans.
                I just watched this episode yesterday. Whether they could handle them or not they were all transported on Daedalus.

HELIA: Unknown vessel, I’m Captain Helia of the Lantean warship Tria. Our ship has suffered damage. We’ve scanned your vessel and determined that it is capable of hyperspace travel. We’ve begun deceleration manoeuvres. Will you render assistance in the form of hyperspace transport?

McKAY: Well, yes! Yes, of course we will.

(The hologram doesn’t turn to him or respond in any way to what he just said.)

SHEPPARD: I don’t think she can hear you.

CALDWELL (to Kleinman): Open a channel.

(Kleinman does so. Rodney looks disappointed that he wasn’t the first one to speak to an Ancient.)

CALDWELL: This is Colonel Steven Caldwell of the Earth ship Daedalus. It would be an honour to render assistance in any way we possibly can.

(Helia smiles at him, then her hologram disappears.)

McKAY: We’re gonna meet Ancients! I mean, flesh and blood Ancients who know what everything is and how everything works! I mean, I don’t even know what to ask first!
                WEIR: They were battle-scarred and already well on their way to Earth when their hyperdrive finally gave out on them. They decided it was best to continue forward than go back.

DEX: How many survivors?

WEIR: Just over a hundred.

TEYLA: Word has already begun to spread amongst my people. They believe this return was foretold -- that it marks a turning in the tide on the war against the Wraith.

WEIR: Well, I don’t know about that.

(Up in the Control Room, the Canadian technician walks over to the balcony.)

TECHNICIAN: Doctor Weir. The Daedalus is ready to beam down our people and the Ancient delegation.

WEIR: Thank you.

(She turns towards the Gate, zipping up her jacket. A few moments later the transporter beams down John, Rodney, Helia and several other Ancients.)
                HELIA: We were in a battle with Wraith cruisers. They proved too much for us so we started back to Atlantis only to be told that the final evacuation was already in progress. I decided to push on to Earth and join the evacuees. Even when our hyperdrive failed we decided to continue on.
                With their hyperdrive gone there was no way to make it back to Atlantis with that ship.
                sigpic

Comment

It was probably beyond repair and so couldn't fly away from the ever growing plot hole. It will probably be remembered in one episode.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

it could come up in midway.anyway we need lost of resources and a big intergalactic hyperdrive. or lots of spareparts. i hope that we will see it in the second half of s4 or in season 5. oh i will be thrilled if we will see an aurora at full power, with asgard upgrades. big beam cannons, drones, extra powersource. im gonna die of the thrill. its something ive always wanted. a fully powered, fully crewed aurora at work. no lame "its damaged" excuse.
                    ancients are powerfull. they could beat the wraith in everyfight. they were outnumbered. now, SHOW IT! give us a full power aurora. one that has gotten a trip to earth, and recieved asgard upgrades. the finest ancient warship with asgard upgrades
                    and if they cant manage that, give us an oneill. one that the asgard left behind for us at some remote planet only earth can dial....

Comment

They might have towed it back to earth for research and now we have the asgard upgrades can fix it and then fly it back to PG in 4 days instead of their 3 months to get half way across a dwarf galaxy crap.
                      One can dream
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Is it possible the Daedalus towed it back to Atlantis?

Comment

Is it possible the Daedalus towed it back to Atlantis?
                          I doubt Daedalus has the power to tow another ship through hyperspace. Not to mention how it would actually be possible to tow it. Besides something that cool would have been shown in episode, or at least mentioned.

The best way to recover it is to send supplies and parts through midway and then transport those supplies over to the ship via Daedalus beaming and repair it.
                          sigpic

Comment

It makes sense that it be shown or referenced in Midway. Which it still might...However!

Further to my previous message about an Aurora (or part of it) showing up in an upcoming episode. I managed to track the schematic pic back down.

Contains 2 images, also mentions an episode name!

Spoiler:

Ps. If any images don't show up above then use the links below instead.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Since this mentions 'Outcast' as the ep in question, then it's either an Asuran ship that they are on board or the Trea/Tria!

So make of it what you will!
                            Last edited by Wraith_Boy; 30 December 2007, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                              It makes sense that it be shown or referenced in Midway. Which it still might...However!

Further to my previous message about an Aurora (or part of it) showing up in an upcoming episode. I managed to track the schematic pic back down.

Contains 2 images, also mentions an episode name!

Spoiler:

Ps. If any images don't show up above then use the links below instead.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Since this mentions 'Outcast' as the ep in question, then it's either an Asuran ship that they are on board or the Trea/Tria!

So make of it what you will!
                              I wonder how far away the ship actually is from midway. It was going pretty fast even without lightspeed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X