Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub-Space Comms Bridge? (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-Space Comms Bridge? (Possible Spoilers)

Possible Spoilers: Season 2, 3, & 4.

We have seen in the season 2 episode of Atlantis; Critical Mass that the range of sub-space communication is limited, roughly several million light years. They only manage to contact the Daedalus before it is out of range by setting up an array on a planet on the outer edge of the Milky Way. The signal reached the Daedalus, which was nearly half-way to/from Atlantis.
    So now that the Midway Space Station is complete, would they place sub-space transceivers on the Station, and on several gates in between to keep constant communication between the SGC and Atlantis(and any BC-304 in Pegasus)?
    Or would they not bother, since they can just dial Earth Directly with the ZPM?

I could see them doing that, or better yet, subspace sensors.

Comment

i believe they use dial sg1 if they need to talk its alot more simple, also subspace chatter might lead the wraith to the station and that is not good
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

With the new asgard tech they would have even more powerful comunications, they don't dial earth directl because they want to preserve the power in the ZPM, so they use the midway station that even a PJ has enough power to get to. I should imagine they encrypt their messages to avoid enemies getting to know their business.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

yet atlantis can track subspace messages. does that mean the wraith, at least asurans can do the same? because i isnt about the message content. its about tracking it to where you send it.

also subspace com sems limited to the amount of power available.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            yet atlantis can track subspace messages. does that mean the wraith, at least asurans can do the same? because i isnt about the message content. its about tracking it to where you send it.

also subspace com sems limited to the amount of power available.
            If they could they would have easily been able to find atlantis, either that or they think they're not a threat so they don't try to find them. The asurans should know where they are, if not than the asgard are more advanced than the ancients in many respects. The asgard could moniter hyperspace, couldn't they(the asurans) detect all of the activity around the planet where atlantis is, if they can't then they aren't as advanced as the asgard.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

i think the asgard could detect hyperspace windows, not hyperspace travel.

we are talking about a device wich generates negative energy and tears a hole between space and subspace. if they could detect this negative energy[wich doesnt seem so hard] then they could detect any hyperspace jump.

and the asurans are a joke. they are replicater ancients with all their knowledge and they make zpms like we make batteries.not.
              if the writers could redo them, they would have made them replicaters trying to imitate their creaters but havent completely succeded, but due to their nature they can quickly make zmps.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                i think the asgard could detect hyperspace windows, not hyperspace travel.

we are talking about a device wich generates negative energy and tears a hole between space and subspace. if they could detect this negative energy[wich doesnt seem so hard] then they could detect any hyperspace jump.

and the asurans are a joke. they are replicater ancients with all their knowledge and they make zpms like we make batteries.not.
                if the writers could redo them, they would have made them replicaters trying to imitate their creaters but havent completely succeded, but due to their nature they can quickly make zmps.
                They do look like the ancients would have made them. The ancients seem to make a lot of mistakes and that seems to be the same for the asurans. The ancients were idiots who were advanced but had no common sense and gave the asurans a load of their knowledge that was rubbish.
                Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                X