why didnt the asgard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why didnt the asgard...

just clone the ancient asgard from season 5 episode 22; revelations, and moved their minds to those clones, i mean, that would give them 3000 more years to figure it out

Because the writers needed a quick fix in order to give the SGC the advanced technology of the Asgard.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Their brain functioned differently since that time, its like saying why don't humans transfer their minds into a caveman's brain. It can not work

Tain

sigpic

Comment

becuase we dont have the technology, nor the need

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          Because the writers needed a quick fix in order to give the SGC the advanced technology of the Asgard.
          Why did they catch that disease? The asgard body apparently couldn't be used otherwise there would have been lots of more human looking asgard and I'm sure that with the asgard tech they could have made more room for a bigger brain with a larger surface area. It was probably just one of those lovely dramatic devices they use that cause huge plotholes.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tainor View Post
            Their brain functioned differently since that time, its like saying why don't humans transfer their minds into a caveman's brain. It can not work

Tain
            Exactly!

Vala,

Comment

Why don't any of you try to transfer your mind into a "human" thats 30,000 years old. You will probably want to swing rope from rope in the Amazons

PS. Tau'ri needed high grade Asgard tech the only way to get it without making the plot very complicated, since TPTB don't like complicated was to kill off one of if no the best race in SG. You will be missed Thor buddy :'(

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                Why did they catch that disease? The asgard body apparently couldn't be used otherwise there would have been lots of more human looking asgard and I'm sure that with the asgard tech they could have made more room for a bigger brain with a larger surface area. It was probably just one of those lovely dramatic devices they use that cause huge plotholes.
                There is a term for this and it is derived from old Greek plays: "Deus Ex Machina".
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Because as clones or not, the current Asgard "evolved" more. They changed.

Go Green

Comment

Another plot hole, one of many.

Now if the Asgard had all this tech and actually got the O'Neill's involved, they would have too easily destroyed the Ori, Asurans, Wraith, you name it.

So to keep it 'primitive Earth saving the universe against all odds', they had to the kill off the Asgard.

Earth is still underdogs with just 3 BC's.

Comment

the fault for the deaths of the asgard is with the ones who cancelled sg1.
                      if the descision hadnt been made, we wouldve had season 11, asgard alive, and earth kept loosing

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                        Thats what i was thinking too.

I bet when SGA teams will wipe out Asurians, they will learn how to make ZPM's
                        Then it will be: better shields from Ori, and Organic technologie from Wraith. And of course new comfy fur coats from Furlings.
                        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          the fault for the deaths of the asgard is with the ones who cancelled sg1.
                          if the descision hadnt been made, we wouldve had season 11, asgard alive, and earth kept loosing
                          i agree if only sci-fi didnt cancle sg1
                          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                          Anime signature in spoiler tag
                          Spoiler:
                          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post

Then it will be: better shields from Ori, and Organic technologie from Wraith. And of course new comfy fur coats from Furlings.
                            Don't forget the near-invincibility you can get with healing nanites

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post

AaaaaChu! AaCHu, AaChu!
                              *snivles* i'm alergic to the fur

Comment

Working...
                              X