Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come the Tau'ri only clones one guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come the Tau'ri only clones one guy?

If the Tau'ri has cloning tech, how come they only clone that one guy? He's pretty good at running BattleCruiser Operations, but I think Sam would've been a better candidate...

Major Marks seems to be the second in command of both the Odyssey and the Apollo as of 2007... So is one like "Major Marks A" and the other "Major Marks B"?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

what in blue blazes are you talking about?
    Visit my Website

Comment

I agree mike i have no clue what hes talking about.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

please prove your point. It isn't true until it can corroberated by other people.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Cloning ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            Cloning ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF.
            Apparently, according to RiS, Major Marks was cloned and also serves on the Apollo. Marks is the person who made the rank of Major faster than Carter did. 1st Lt. on first appearence, Cpt. by Ethon, and Major the next episode.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              If the Tau'ri has cloning tech, how come they only clone that one guy? He's pretty good at running BattleCruiser Operations, but I think Sam would've been a better candidate...

Major Marks seems to be the second in command of both the Odyssey and the Apollo as of 2007... So is one like "Major Marks A" and the other "Major Marks B"?
              lol I was thinking about that too. I wonder how it's possible for one guy to serve on so many ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                Apparently, according to RiS, Major Marks was cloned and also serves on the Apollo. Marks is the person who made the rank of Major faster than Carter did. 1st Lt. on first appearence, Cpt. by Ethon, and Major the next episode.
                Pretty much. Btw, Major Marks does serve on the Apollo. In the promo for next week's episode he is on the Apollo with Ellis.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

that guy is every where we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

I agree sam is smart and a good leader, or maybe rodney even though 2 of him would be TMC anoying all over again.
                    Thanks.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Where is it ever said he is cloned?

And unless he is on diffirent ships at the same time, there is no reason to NOT think that he just goes in versious missions when needed...

Go Green

Comment

He is obviously an Ascended being in disguise.

He is definitely more than meets the eye.

And before you know it, he'll tranform and roll out!

Comment

were does it say he was cloned

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Its a joke thread, guys. Lay off.

He's saying that "Major Marks" (both in actor and character) is the go-to second in command, serving under three different Battlecruiser captains:

Col. Pendergast - Prometheus (Season 9)
                            Col. Emerson - Odyssey (Season 10)
                            Col. Ellis - Apollo (After "Ark of Truth"/ Atlantis S3)

He's just a guy TPTB like so they bring him back.

Comment

cloning?!?shift+1/lolwtf r u talking about?!1one1/1 were u hear this?/ PROVE IT

This thread is embarassing. It should be obvious that he's just joking.

Comment

Working...
                              X