PDA

View Full Version : Hex...i think (? for UK members)

yaaayoubetcha
October 11th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I was listening to Virgin radio online and they've been advertising a new series on Sky 1 which i think is called Hex.

The commercials are very intriguing, but i'm not able to find anything about it.

Do any of our UK members have a link to a site or know anything about this show at all?

Anubis
October 11th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Indeed. There is information on the net obviously, but the official Sky One website has some information too. I think it starts this week or next. Not too sure. But here's the link...

Sky One : Hex Website (http://www.skyone.co.uk/programmes/hex/)

yaaayoubetcha
October 11th, 2004, 08:59 AM
hey....that sounds pretty darn interesting...

hopefully it goes over well there and will get picked up by BBCA or something over here.

thanks for the link!

Anubis
October 11th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Sure! :)

For a change, the Uk actually get something first! Surprising, really.

omnian
October 11th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Ooh, I hope this is good. There's been a big Buffy-shaped hole in my life since it ended so hopefully this'll attempt to fit it :D

Anubis
October 11th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Ooh, I hope this is good. There's been a big Buffy-shaped hole in my life since it ended so hopefully this'll attempt to fit it :D

lol I agree with that. It might. This Sunday it airs at 9pm on Sky One! *sets Sky+ recorder* :)

omnian
October 11th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Excellent. Sunday is the best for TV cos I get it all to myself in the evenings!

Anubis
October 11th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Excellent. Sunday is the best for TV cos I get it all to myself in the evenings!

Yeah I agree, no little sister watching some boring Nickelodeon program! lol ;)

Mr Prophet
October 11th, 2004, 10:48 AM
It's British genre programming. Expect six really kick-ass episodes, good ratings in spite of stinking write-ups from everyone, followed by immediate cancellation on the grounds that it was 'a bold experiment'. :mad:

CultTVGirl
October 14th, 2004, 01:36 AM
I really hope this is good and I'll definitely give it a try. But there's this little voice in my head that keeps crying "Hollyoaks With Vampires!"

Now that's scary. :eek:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one - hopefully I'll be proven wrong!

Elwe Singollo
October 14th, 2004, 07:34 PM
The only part i didn't like about the promo's that i saw on msnbc uk was the demon looking thing, looking like it was changing or whatever, that didn't look so great :rolleyes:

Anubis
October 18th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Did anyone watch Hex yesterday evening? It wasn't too bad, despite it being 1hour and 45mins! But it wasn't too bad, better than I thought it would have been! ;)

omnian
October 18th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Did anyone watch Hex yesterday evening? It wasn't too bad, despite it being 1hour and 45mins! But it wasn't too bad, better than I thought it would have been! ;)

I missed it!!!! :mad: I turned it over and I was watching the end credits... :(

I am sooooo watching the repeat.

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
October 18th, 2004, 01:13 PM

I watched Hex! I didn't know what to expect, 'cos you know, sometimes Britain can get it very wrong! But I actually liked it, it wasn't the best thing in the world, but it wasn't really bad either! I will be tuning in next week! :)

~Tracey~

Elwe Singollo
October 18th, 2004, 01:16 PM
I watched Hex! I didn't know what to expect, 'cos you know, sometimes Britain can get it very wrong! But I actually liked it, it wasn't the best thing in the world, but it wasn't really bad either! I will be tuning in next week! :)

~Tracey~I saw it as well :) I have the same feeling for Tru Calling, not the best thing in the world, but not bad either :D

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
October 18th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I saw it as well :) I have the same feeling for Tru Calling, not the best thing in the world, but not bad either :D

I heard (off my brother so I blame him if its not true ;)) that it got ok ratings and Sky One want to do a second series now! Oh I thought Tru Calling was ok too! The last episode was cool! :)

~Tracey~

omnian
October 18th, 2004, 01:27 PM
I thought Tru Calling was pretty cool too! Plus I think Eliza Dushku's cute :p

As for Hex, some people I know said it was quite good as well. I'll pass judgement when I see the repeat on Wednesday night! :D

aAnubiSs
October 18th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Eliza isn't cute, she's beautiful :)

Anubis
October 18th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Eliza isn't cute, she's beautiful :)

Very tru indeed. Tru Calling is great, and I liked Hex in a simular way! :)

sshspooky
October 19th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Hex was great! i loved the britishness to it and how we are slowly learning more and more, and it had a great ending!

michelleb
October 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
hex was pretty good, despite the obvious buffyishness of it..the gay best friend, the cordelia character, and no-one in it looks young enough to be at school (and no way would a girl as beautiful as that be the outsider that's picked on). i was bored at first, but as the creepiness started, I got more intrigued. azael looks interesting, and they didn't give away the entire back story at first, so i'm intrigued to find out what exactly happened. i didn't jump, and wasn't scared by any of it, but i'll keep trying.

though if course, it will be cancelled, becasue british TV execs refuse to believe anyone is interested in sci-fi/horror shows. at least we shoudl be thankful it's not on ITV, where it would be cancelled after three episodes if it didn't immediatly become the highest rated show on TV

blufeenix
October 19th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Yeah Hex wasn't to bad the most positive thing is that its a good step forward in british TV theres just to much Reality and not enough genre based shows.

I really liked the location, the main charecter is great, the fx were nothing special but good enough.

Spoiler - Highlight to read.
I have to say i was very happy when thelma bit the dust as I really don't like the actress that portrayed her (I couldnt stand her in as if!!!) but then was quickly annoyed when she came back.

As far as I know the mythology surrounding Azazeal and the Nephelim isnt spot on according to alot of info on the net, but this didnt put me off to much.

All in all I enjoyed it and will contine to watch.

---------------------
EDIT

Just thound this

Sky One's heavily promoted new drama Hex has been billed as a "British Buffy" and the launch episode last night attracted a Buffy style audience to the channel.

Elisbeth Murdoch's latest production for Sky, teenage horror drama Hex, was watched by 868,000 viewers between 9pm and 10.45pm last night, making it the most watched multichannel show during that period.

Anubis
October 19th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I agree, the beginning was a bit slow, and there is a lot of sexual refrences but generally a good show. I'll watch next week. :)

CultTVGirl
October 26th, 2004, 01:11 AM
I've seen the first couple of episodes now and, to be honest, I'm not really that impressed with Hex.

It's been called the British answer to Buffy, but the two shows are nothing alike. For starters, Buffy had extremely witty writing and had completely engaging and well-rounded characters right from episode one. Hex has neither of these things.

The lead character, Cassie, isn't very interesting. And the other teenage characters are all so bland. Only Thelma stands out. If the show were all about Thelma it would be so much better. She actually has a personality.

Azazeal is suitably dark and mysterious, but doesn't seem to do much except hang around outside the school. There's just not much happening. Good shows hang on plot points, but Hex doesn't have many of these. Days pass by on the show with nothing going on. It needs more action!

I'll probably keep watching, as I know there's only a few episodes to go. But if this were a long-running series, I would've given up by now. The characters just aren't strong enough to hold my interest. So overall, I think Hex is a worthy attempt to make a good genre show in this country, but it falls short of being compulsive viewing. Which is a shame really, as it does have potential.