This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who wants earth ships to get the unending weapons

after seeing the prieview for bamsr i'm pretty disopointed i wanted pulse weapons not the unending weapons i think they are just too much anyone agree

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
    after seeing the prieview for bamsr i'm pretty disopointed i wanted pulse weapons not the unending weapons i think they are just too much anyone agree
    Well it's not that bad, they won't be anywhere near as strong as the Oddy as they don't have a ZPM.

Comment

It is too bad the Asgard did not leave an upgraded O'Neill, that would kick all arse.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        It is too bad the Asgard did not leave an upgraded O'Neill, that would kick all arse.
        maybe the 305 will look a lot like the o'neil because it will be using a lot of its tech. it might be around the same size because it will need the room for the power source. with the asgard power source it will be just as strong as the oddy.

Comment

sometimes its just a shame we dont get to see the full power of the ancients, asurans, ori, wraith, and the asgard. it would be soo cool to see an oneil fight wraith etc. like earth finding an abandoned oneil thought to be lost by the asgard. then they repair it and go for a ride to pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
            I don't think so, the asgard pulses weren't that strong where these beams appear to be very good, having these is cool. There appear to only be 2 points where they are fired from, so they won't be kick ass like in unending.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
              I don't think so, the asgard pulses weren't that strong where these beams appear to be very good, having these is cool. There appear to only be 2 points where they are fired from, so they won't be kick ass like in unending.
              Besides, what would be the point of upgrading a ship to second rate technology?

"Hmm... What should we install on this ship, the old and busted or the new hotness?"

Comment

in the AoT trailer didnt the Odyssey fire pulse weapons rather than the asgard beams?
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                  in the AoT trailer didnt the Odyssey fire pulse weapons rather than the asgard beams?
                  This?

Spoiler:

It's a screen cap from about 00:17-18 of YouTube - Stargate Ark of Truth Promo. They look like projectile weapons to me. Unless it's a different video that you're talking about.

Comment

Yeah i guess they look more like missles, body in the front the rocket in the back.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Whether or not we really want it, after the events of Unending it would've been unrealistic for us to not get them at some point.

Personally, I like the idea of us being able to hold our own against enemy ships after ducking and running for so many years. The weapons on Daedalus / Apollo aren't going to be as powerful as those on the Odyssey as:
                      1. They are built by us, therefore PTB have got the easy escape that we can't build exact duplicates of the Odyssey's weapons yet.
                      2. Neither ship has a ZPM. Even if one or both of them does gain one, PTB have got option 1 to keep them from being as powerful as the Odyssey's weapons.

Ever since Unending aired, fans have been debating over whether or not the weapons would be as effective against other targets even if they were powered by a ZPM, as many fans speculate that they are designed specifically for Ori shields and would therefore not be as effective against the shields of other races. Hopefully, in about 2 weeks time, we'll find out:
                      1. Just how powerful these weapons are when not being powered by a ZPM.
                      2. Either from speech or sight, whether they would be as effective against others ships even if being powered by a ZPM.

I have seen the trailer for BAMSR, as has pretty much every Atlantis fan around the world by now, and I can't bloody wait!

Comment

To make the fight more of a 'team' thing:

They have underpowered the Aurora's greatly (otherwise the 7 Hives would be instantly toast), and soon the 2 Earth ships.

And they have underpowered the Asgard lasers, so that in future fights with Hives, we do not destroy them that quickly.

Minor complaints aside, the episode looks phenomenal, a definite 10/10.

Comment

YEEHAA! I just watched the promo myself! I can't wait! Those weapons seem to be able to pwn all if an Aurora is any judge (yea, let's not bring up Aurora's stregnth here). But atleast they keep the railguns! The weapons look like they've changed positions vs. Odyssey. With Odyssey, the weapons appeared to come out of the junction between the hangars and main hull as well as along the neck, whereas with Apollo and Daedalus come from the forward railgun mounts.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

The rail guns look different, they're bigger, they also look like they do more damage. That promo makes me want to sleep for nearly 2 weeks! With the asgard power generating tech couldn't we fit atlantis out so we don't even need to keep losing tyhem and finding one at the last minute.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

i say its about time as everyone says the weapons will not be that powerfull as the odessy finally they can stay and fight and not use a cheap trick and then run also it will lower the need for finding ancient ships and hope that with time they will also use the planet they are on and not only atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X