This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any MUTANT X Fans Here???

If there are any Mutant X fans here, I'd love to hear from you. I'd love to hear what you thought of the show in general, what you thought of the way they ended the series, what you thought of the characters. In general, I'd just like to hear from you Mutant X fans about Mutant X.
    I loved Mutant X. I wasn't too crazy about the season 3 character Lexa. I hated they killed off Emma at the end of season 2.
    I really hated the way they ended the series...on a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Carolyn318; 22 December 2007, 02:53 PM.
    I am Carolyn318.
    You're not. Deal with it.

Come join my social group Mutant X...Mutants Rock!!!

Well...Fireworks Entertainment (the producer and International distributor of Mutant X) went under after 20th Century Fox sued Marvel, Tribute Entertainment, and Fireworks Entertainment. FOX said it had exclusive rights to the "X-Men" property.

That's why the storylines and characters were changed midstream and there were a million plot-holes...lol. That being said, the show was popular among the 13-25 age group. The actors contracts were up and Fireworks couldn't come up with a financial partner after Tribune pulled out and the lawsuit ate up their financial reserves. So they had a fire sale of their properties and libraries. Unfortunately, Mutant X only had 3 seasons, so it was hard for somebody to pickup for syndication purposes and there was always the prospect of a FOX lawsuit if production of new episodes and seasons continued. The SFC bought Andromeda instead, even though it's ratings were lower than Mutant X, and financed a 5th season (very low budget affair since the sale was in the middle of their financial year).

The show itself was an entertaining one, albeit flawed. Could have easily gone 5-6 seasons under normal circumstances.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
      Well...Fireworks Entertainment (the producer and International distributor of Mutant X) went under after 20th Century Fox sued Marvel, Tribute Entertainment, and Fireworks Entertainment. FOX said it had exclusive rights to the "X-Men" property.

That's why the storylines and characters were changed midstream and there were a million plot-holes...lol. That being said, the show was popular among the 13-25 age group. The actors contracts were up and Fireworks couldn't come up with a financial partner after Tribune pulled out and the lawsuit ate up their financial reserves. So they had a fire sale of their properties and libraries. Unfortunately, Mutant X only had 3 seasons, so it was hard for somebody to pickup for syndication purposes and there was always the prospect of a FOX lawsuit if production of new episodes and seasons continued. The SFC bought Andromeda instead, even though it's ratings were lower than Mutant X, and financed a 5th season (very low budget affair since the sale was in the middle of their financial year).

The show itself was an entertaining one, albeit flawed. Could have easily gone 5-6 seasons under normal circumstances.
      That show taught me that albinos are quite evil, and that it's socially acceptable for middle-aged men to "recruit" young attractive people to live with them in caves and have them perform "missions."
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post

Aaah, so that's what happened. It was one of the few sci-fi shows my daughter liked to watch, so we would watch it together.

Really didn't like the character changes in season 3. I really wanted to see Emma's character developed more. She was the most interesting out of all of them; at least for me anyway.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I admit I use to watch it. I don't recall it ever making sense after a while.

Comment

i used to watch it on and off, i think it was on the same time as Bird of prey.. and that had Joe in it for one epsiode.. that gots my priority straight lol
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

it was ok i guess, never really got who came up with the idea of taking the X-men and changing it in the way that they did,
              talking of birds of prey, the ferals from M-X were kind of similar to the meta-humans on BoP i always thought
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Hiya i love Mutant X
                I loved the bit at the end when shalamar and Brendan FINALY showed there love for each other sparks were flying(literally)
                At first i didn't really like Lexa but she grew on me after awhile probably because she was Essie in Vampire High.
                I wasn't sure that actually letting Emma die, as it was so sudden, was a good idea i wanted her see her character grow maybe even get overwhelemed by her growing power. Also i thought they would have elaborated on Jessi's thing for her!!! (all those fantansing thoughts as he looked at her .Tut tut .it must have been awful to have the person you like be able to know what your thinking)
                sigpic
                If i was a picture i'd look something like this, cos friendship brightens my day!!!

Comment

i think lexa's power was my favourite out of all of them
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved Mutant X but i wsh they found a way to at least give us a conclusion....I wasn't all that struck on Lexa at first but she grew on me and Emma was never one of my faves anyway so i wasn't all that fussed when the killed her off....So glad Brennan and Shalimar finally got together though,at least we got that! And i HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL i used watch mutant x i like it was x-men thoe with details change
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

I loveeeddddddddddd The X-Men,that's probably one of the reasons i liked Mutant X as much as i did!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          I loveeeddddddddddd The X-Men,that's probably one of the reasons i liked Mutant X as much as i did!
                          Yep the x-men are pritty awsome hey you know the person who does the vocie of solid snake wrote the first two x-men movies
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                            Yep the x-men are pritty awsome hey you know the person who does the vocie of solid snake wrote the first two x-men movies
                            Really??? I didn'tknow that!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Really??? I didn'tknow that!
                              yep true http://imdb.com/name/nm0371684/ go down to what he has wrote
                              sigpic
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X