This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Addresses (Milky Way)

This has proboly been a thread before and if so just direct me to it.
    But any way this is what im looking for.
    A list of Gate adresses preferebly ones with names (Military Assigned ones like P3-x ect. I only want if theres enough info to make up a name).
    I dont mind if you have a link to a web its just that the ones ive came across are always missing a chevron or a name and that just makes them usless. thanks.

My reason for needing these is that I'm going to make a Galactic map as detailed as possible by going through all 214 episodes of SG-1; 1 by 1 checking the STARMAP. And I will then share it with every one who wants it once its complete and well... Agreed to be accurate enough for show.
    Pure.

Cool a galaxy map seems intresting, They galaxy maps of the Star Wars galaxy, back in my SW days, always intrested me.

I don't know if it helps But the Wikipedia Stargate Planet list, shows the addresses & military names.
    Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_in_Stargate

And i know the myths about Wikipedia, but its all i know, which can help?

Good luck with the project dude, will be very intresting to see when you are done! Especailly the locations of the "cut off" network from the Quest part 2!
    Last edited by MechaThor; 21 December 2007, 06:17 AM.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

http://www.chevron26.com/sg-1/planet...database1.html
      These are all gate addresses from stargate, they have some of the actual names and military designations. I would like a copy if your done and would be glad to help if I can.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
        Cool a galaxy map seems intresting, They galaxy maps of the Star Wars galaxy, back in my SW days, always intrested me.

I don't know if it helps But the Wikipedia Stargate Planet list, shows the addresses & military names.
        Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_in_Stargate

And i know the myths about Wikipedia, but its all i know, which can help?

Good luck with the project dude, will be very intresting to see when you are done! Especailly the locations of the "cut off" network from the Quest part 2!
        You should probably use the Wiki one as a primary source, I contributed heavily to it many times and I have removed all of the "fake" addresses that people have made up like Kelowna and Dakara which were never given out at all.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
          You should probably use the Wiki one as a primary source, I contributed heavily to it many times and I have removed all of the "fake" addresses that people have made up like Kelowna and Dakara which were never given out at all.

Vala,
          I mean no offence if you've worked hard on that list...but it's just plain full of fan rubbish. A lot of the addresses aren't seen on screen or in any of the published material, and they've made up designations for almost all of the named planets. That having been said, I've compiled my own list of addresses either seen A) in the episodes, B) in The DVD Collection magazines, or C) given in the novels over on the Stargate wiki which can be found here. When a planet has been seen with multiple addresses, the issue is noted on the planets page itself.

Comment

Ive found the Wiki to be to unreliable "No offence Vala" But as you said you contibuted which means half are still proboly full of... Lets say deception. And as for the STARGATE Official Mags I have 1-5 so Ive got the Nox planet XD But anyways when I started collecting the mags i didnt have the money so eventually gave up. But now when i get a spare Grand I'll order ever one.
            As for umopapisdn Thanks mate I just finished getting quite a few Adressess off Chevron 26 but like I first mentioned theres always those annoying missing glyphs.
            But I guess all I can ask is that anyone willing to help me make an adress log from scratch would be greatly appriciated. I just want only relie on infomation of my own and friends. So I'll be starting after christmas when I get my Complete Series Box set.
            Ill try and get a decent pic of the Entire Starmap to mark of the ones shown in the series.
            Thanks all.
            Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
              Ive found the Wiki to be to unreliable "No offence Vala" But as you said you contibuted which means half are still proboly full of... Lets say deception. And as for the STARGATE Official Mags I have 1-5 so Ive got the Nox planet XD But anyways when I started collecting the mags i didnt have the money so eventually gave up. But now when i get a spare Grand I'll order ever one.
              As for umopapisdn Thanks mate I just finished getting quite a few Adressess off Chevron 26 but like I first mentioned theres always those annoying missing glyphs.
              But I guess all I can ask is that anyone willing to help me make an adress log from scratch would be greatly appriciated. I just want only relie on infomation of my own and friends. So I'll be starting after christmas when I get my Complete Series Box set.
              Ill try and get a decent pic of the Entire Starmap to mark of the ones shown in the series.
              Thanks all.
              Well I can guarantee that all the addresses I've put down are from official sources, but I'd perfectly understand if you didn't want to use the Stargate wiki as a source...I've had problems with other wiki's before. That having been said, if you do want to question anything on the list I linked to then I'm more than happy to provide scans or screenshots of where I got the addresses from.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
                I mean no offence if you've worked hard on that list...but it's just plain full of fan rubbish. A lot of the addresses aren't seen on screen or in any of the published material, and they've made up designations for almost all of the named planets. That having been said, I've compiled my own list of addresses either seen A) in the episodes, B) in The DVD Collection magazines, or C) given in the novels over on the Stargate wiki which can be found here. When a planet has been seen with multiple addresses, the issue is noted on the planets page itself.
                Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
                Thanks all.

I GUARANTEE you both that all the addresses their for the Milky Way section at least are 100% accurate unless you happen to visit the page when some anon user edited it before I have been able to revert the change. I even went as far as to watch all the background screens and I managed to get addresses for certain planets on there.

Vala,

Comment

Then Jaymach, Vala thanks. Ill get as many of the Adressess from the wiki as needed. I already have the position of 10-15 planets from numerous episodes one of the mains being Solitudes due to the good close ups of the STARMAP from there you can see the SGC Designated names of 3-5 planets (Example P3X-245 ect.) which I then compared to the data on the Wiki, chevron 26, gateworld and the eps in general.
                  Now that I have the Complete series box set i may be able finish this map rather sooner than later. Also for those of you who know, the Complete series box set comes in a gold coloured box which has the star map printed on the front sides and top (Top being the clearest) Im planning on scanning the image onto the computer then using that as a basic layout of where to place the planets making them as accurate as the SGC's.
                  Thanks for all your help. Much more is still welcome
                  Pure.

Comment

Working...
                  X