Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daeadlus and the Apollo have enough juice?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daeadlus and the Apollo have enough juice?

If neither ships are powered by a Asgard generator, there is no way either shields or the ENERGY weapons are fully powered.

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    If neither ships are powered by a Asgard generator, there is no way either shields or the ENERGY weapons are fully powered.
    How do you know this? Your right though, if they are running on naq generators they won't be at full power unless they use asgard tech to improve them a lot.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
      How do you know this? Your right though, if they are running on naq generators they won't be at full power unless they use asgard tech to improve them a lot.
      Maybe that is how the Earth ships won't become too powerful when they get the upgrades. Or they can string together more Naqahdah generators and add more buffers.

Vala,

Comment

i dont know if earth just mass produces naquahdah generators or makes them as needed, but either way these thigs are so small, you could take a single room, stack it full and you have nice power. othe idea would be to directly link a generator to a single cannon.

Comment

If they can reproduce Asgard weapons, who can say we can't reproduce the power source, at least to an extent?
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

forgot to add:
            the spoilers say they are ready to take on an asuran fleet. so it means their pretty confident.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
              If they can reproduce Asgard weapons, who can say we can't reproduce the power source, at least to an extent?
              Thats what I was trying to get at, they gave them everything they knew.
              Spoiler:
              http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=91 This is a video that shows earth ships kicking ass.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Well, I hope they have some kind of problem or weakness. As much as Tauri ships owning ass like never seen before sounds cool, I'm sure it will get boring soon. Or you have to introduce some uber powerful enemy, again.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                  Thats what I was trying to get at, they gave them everything they knew.
                  Spoiler:
                  http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=91 This is a video that shows earth ships kicking ass.
                  omg, where those 304 or 305? they looked like upgraded 304's...but dawm

Spoiler:
                  was it me or does it look like they have less asgard beams, i only saw 2 places it shoots out from, and those rail guns look alot stronger
                  Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                  Anime signature in spoiler tag
                  Spoiler:
                  Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

railguns own against shieldless targets. and they fire way faster. both earth vessels kept their energy weapons for shields. and i think their afraid that like the replicators the asurans will find out a way to block out these attacks.
                    did you see that each time a railgun hits theres an explosion? that means that the railguns have quite an impact never seen before. i hope that with more power the railguns got more powerfull.

and about the ships having les weapons: i dont think earth couldve reverse-engineered and built 64 energy weapons in half a year. yes, 64, 2x 32, as most people counted 32 railguns, and the odyssey's railguns were replaced by energy weapons.
                    and i think railguns still own against wraith.

btw they do have a weakness: they are penetration weapons, meaning that they have a huge inpact in the centre, but AOE damage is almost zero. if they fired on asuras, then the weapons would cut towers in half and penetrate deep, but wouldnt do much AOE damage, like taking out massive areas of the city, while wraith vessels with pulse cannons can.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      railguns own against shieldless targets. and they fire way faster. both earth vessels kept their energy weapons for shields. and i think their afraid that like the replicators the asurans will find out a way to block out these attacks.
                      did you see that each time a railgun hits theres an explosion? that means that the railguns have quite an impact never seen before. i hope that with more power the railguns got more powerfull.

and about the ships having les weapons: i dont think earth couldve reverse-engineered and built 64 energy weapons in half a year. yes, 64, 2x 32, as most people counted 32 railguns, and the odyssey's railguns were replaced by energy weapons.
                      and i think railguns still own against wraith.
                      The Oddy's railguns weren't replaced by energy weapons, they were added ontop of the rail guns.

Comment

then why does the oddy has its energy weapons at the exact same spot as its railguns? real life answer: because they removed the railgun fire animation and replaced it with the DEW animation.
                        stargate answer: because they got removed

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          then why does the oddy has its energy weapons at the exact same spot as its railguns? real life answer: because they removed the railgun fire animation and replaced it with the DEW animation.
                          stargate answer: because they got removed
                          The rail guns on the Oddy are mostly on the sides, the energy weapons are on the underneath and front.

Comment

Have they installed some type of new railguns as well?

Spoiler below:

They showed both the Apollo and Daedalus have 2 Asgard beams each, and the railguns doing a lot of damage to Aurora's (presumably once the shield has been destroyed by the Asgard lasers).

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              Have they installed some type of new railguns as well?

Spoiler below:

They showed both the Apollo and Daedalus have 2 Asgard beams each, and the railguns doing a lot of damage to Aurora's (presumably once the shield has been destroyed by the Asgard lasers).
                              There was a concept piece on JM's blog a while ago for a new type of railgun, so it's very likely they're using a stronger varient.

Comment

Working...
                              X