This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the gate was lying down...?

You can't travel back in the same wormhole once on the other side, but... If you dial your gate as usual, and the one on the other side is lying down facing upwards, you can't fly up, you would just fall right back in. What would happen?

nothing because you'd have enough momentum to clear the event horizon and materialine.

Comment

Well, assuming you fell back in, the 'Gate's event-horizon would accept you into the buffer but not send you anywhere. So basically you're stuck inside the buffer until someone either dials the 'Gate or disconnects the DHD, pulls the main crystal out and reconnects it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
        Well, assuming you fell back in, the 'Gate's event-horizon would accept you into the buffer but not send you anywhere. So basically you're stuck inside the buffer until someone either dials the 'Gate or disconnects the DHD, pulls the main crystal out and reconnects it.
        What? No, you die.

You're not supposed to go into an incoming wormhole. You'd think the gate would have some kind of security system to prevent that but as far as I know it's deadly.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          What? No, you die.

You're not supposed to go into an incoming wormhole. You'd think the gate would have some kind of security system to prevent that but as far as I know it's deadly.
          I'm presuming that if you walk into an incoming wormhole, the 'Gate stores you in the buffer but doesn't send you anywhere. But that's beside the point TBH.

If you stick a body part in, the 'Gate accepts it and you can pull it out (I'm referencing Shades of Grey from memory here.)

Comment

My thought was that you'd just cease to exist. This happened to a MALP once ("A Hundred Days").

Comment

See "A Hundred Days" for the answer to this question.

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ
                You can't travel back in the same wormhole once on the other side, but... If you dial your gate as usual, and the one on the other side is lying down facing upwards, you can't fly up, you would just fall right back in. What would happen?
                the event horizon would act as a trampoline

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  See "A Hundred Days" for the answer to this question.
                  Exactly, and to save people the trouble of having to watch it, basically you fall back in and cease to exist.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                    I'm presuming that if you walk into an incoming wormhole, the 'Gate stores you in the buffer but doesn't send you anywhere. But that's beside the point TBH.

If you stick a body part in, the 'Gate accepts it and you can pull it out (I'm referencing Shades of Grey from memory here.)
                    That was an outgoing wormhole. It was O'Neill who used the DHD to dial the SGC. He simply held it open from the other side by keeping his arm inside the puddle.

Comment

Go Green

Comment

that is pro art work

ne way yah i think you would die...that would be so funny to trick any one who wants to storm our stargate, in case of emergency lie face up O_o
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                          (Snip uber 1337 image)
                          That's exactly what I was trying to say, though I was a bit rushed because I was in the middle of HTML class.

Comment

Unless a part of your body is sticking outside of the event horizon and the wormhole in incoming not outgoing then if you fall all the wall in you'll cease to exist. Getting out of such a complicated stargate would require you to first fire a grappling hook through the gate so it can grab hold of a wall or the ground

Comment

There ya go... take Batman with your SG team. He always has a grappling gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X