This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARG's a people liquifying guns?

So the ARGs use the same technology, emitter and frequency as the Dakara weapon that was originally set to gooify all organic life, and then only human life. Since they can do one, couldnt they be set to the other. It should be as easy as modifying the little guns back to what the dakara frequency was originally set to.

Does earth have ppl melting guns now?

It probably takes more energy to disrupt the curon/subspace/whatever-based communication between replicator cells than to cause living tissure to disinigrate. So I would say no.

Comment

The ARG's could probably be used to kill people, however it could require a new type of crystal be created or the old one reprogrammed with the frequency needed to effect organic.

The original ARG could be reprogrammed, so it's possible that the new ones could be reprogrammed as well. However I don't think it's smart having a weapon that can be reprogrammed to pretty much destroy anything so read only crystals would be a good idea.

sigpic

Comment

That is NOT at all how the ARG works, it ONLY disables the kiron pathways between the individual cells, that's why the Asurans turn into power/dust when fired at, they aren't disintegrators.

Vala,

Comment

But that's not to say it couldn't be used to disrupt some biogical function that could cause human cells to break apart. It would be like the Dakara device, but much more bloodier.

sigpic

Comment

It could work in theory, but who would you test it on?
            Disliked a recent episode?
            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
              It could work in theory, but who would you test it on?
              I vote for Lucius
              sigpic

Comment

it could work. but then you need to redesign and recalibrate it. you need the correct frequency, and other emitters. remember the weapon was made to disrupt kieron pathways. so it would need a big powerincrease to disrupt molecular structures. also, using dakara is like having a radio with a frequency, and then taking an emitter and programming it on the frequency of the radio. but taking the radio and making it on the frequency of the emitter......

Comment

It would also be a very dangerous weapon, if one of your friends is caught in the blast, it'll be instant death, whereas a bullet wound can be healed (depends where you take it ofc ^^)

Comment

not how ARGs work. Dakara disintegrates whatever it's programed to disintegrate. ARG simply do what you said abeove about pathways.

Comment

The Dakara device was originally designed to destroy all life in the universe but was modified to use the new cipher frequency to disrupt the Kuron pathways between Replicator blocks.

This way of killing Replicators was originally used in O'Neill's weapon, but O'Neill's weapon/ARGs have never been known to destroy matter.

I suppose the point I am VERY badly trying to make is that just because the Dakara device can emulate the function of the ARG, doesn't necessarily mean that the ARG can emulate all the functionality of the Dakara device.

I was trying to think of an example of what I mean but nothing comes to mind.

Until indicated otherwise, I'm going to assume that ARGs can't do this.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                        The Dakara device was originally designed to destroy all life in the universe but was modified to use the new cipher frequency to disrupt the Kuron pathways between Replicator blocks.

This way of killing Replicators was originally used in O'Neill's weapon, but O'Neill's weapon/ARGs have never been known to destroy matter.

I suppose the point I am VERY badly trying to make is that just because the Dakara device can emulate the function of the ARG, doesn't necessarily mean that the ARG can emulate all the functionality of the Dakara device.

I was trying to think of an example of what I mean but nothing comes to mind.

Until indicated otherwise, I'm going to assume that ARGs can't do this.
                        Actually, the Dakara device was originally made to create life, but it can also be used to destroy it. However, when used to destroy life, it DISINTEGRATES it, not by separating all the cells, this was proven in "Counterstrike".

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                          It would also be a very dangerous weapon, if one of your friends is caught in the blast, it'll be instant death, whereas a bullet wound can be healed (depends where you take it ofc ^^)
                          If you go by that way of thinking you can't ever make a weapon

Comment

Its theorettically possible that a new form of disruptor could come about which destroys some part of living tissue. But would need a whole load of new tech to do it.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

if the ARG was reprogrammed the most you could probably get from it would be disrupting the neuronal connections in the brain effectively leaving someone brain dead or catatonic

Comment

Working...
                              X