This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone texture with 3ds max?

I've made a few models which i would like to get into garrys mod, and perhaps even have included in "Avons Stargate pack".

I have made a few ships, but have little to no knowledge/skill when it comes to texturing.

Yes this may be the wrong forum, but given that these ships are a form of technology I'm gonna hope it fits.

A perfect example of my lack of skills in texturing.

This is however unfinished but thought it still show it off

Press M-key for material editor.

Tutorials are very handy, you should go through one or two.

Comment

Can anyone texture with 3ds max?Can anyone texture with 3ds max?
      No
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
        Press M-key for material editor.

Tutorials are very handy, you should go through one or two.
        I am aware of the material editor, thats how the jumper became green, i need people who can texture, as in patterns ect, the cargoship or Tel'tak isnt all grey, its got bits of gold ect, and id like some help form anyone who knows what they're doing.

Comment

You need Photoshop to texture, first unwrap the model and then open the unwrap in photosop, make the texture, the make a dds file out of the texture file

Your models look pretty good though I'd subdivide the PJ a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
            You need Photoshop to texture, first unwrap the model and then open the unwrap in photosop, make the texture, the make a dds file out of the texture file

Your models look pretty good though I'd subdivide the PJ a bit.
            TY, but dont you wanna do it for me???

lol nah il give it a go...

Edit:
            The main reason i need proper textures is because the source engine wont take the normal stuff that you make with the material editor, I tried and it just wont load the prop properly..

Comment

Texturing is an art, you'd probably have better luck posting on a photoshop board or something, I *should* be able to export it but that's it

Comment

If your looking to import the textures into the source engine (Half-Life 2) you should find a program on this site that can convert the textures into the right format http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=1

I used it to make the combine super soldiers fluro pink

Comment

When or if this does end up be put in G-Mod can someone please leave a note
                  Well Because i'm a masive fan of the G-mod 10 STARGATE Packs; I got them all from the Zat'nik'tel to the Prometheus and well I really want a Daedalus *Drools* Those univurse maps just seemed more appealing
                  Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by votekick View Post
                    TY, but dont you wanna do it for me???

lol nah il give it a go...

Edit:
                    The main reason i need proper textures is because the source engine wont take the normal stuff that you make with the material editor, I tried and it just wont load the prop properly..
                    I dont mind having a go at texturing those models, i've pm'd you about it anyhow.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X