This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Star Destroyer vs Wraith Hive ship

I haven't done one of these for a while and I thought this one over and thinks its an actual close fight. So here are the reasons why

Both of these ships are huge (I mean huge), have great armor, have numerous weapons, have a great number of support craft and are big did I mention they were big.

So who would win the Terror of the Empire or the Terror of the Pegasus Galaxy?

And please have a good reason and back it up for the sake of argument
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I reckon that a Hive would beat a Super Star Destroyer one on one. A Hive has weapons that could inflict some serious damage. Not to mention a huge number of darts. Super Star Destroyers have shields but they seem to be rather hopeless and I think the Wraith would disable them without too much of a problem. A single A-Wing was able to fly straight into the Executer during the battle of Endor and destroy the bridge so a few shots from a hive should do the same thing I reckon. Also we have seen Hives fire a huge amount of shots over a long period of time, while we have never seen a Super Star Destroyer do this. The weapons fire from an Imperial Star Destroyer seem pretty small and hopeless, and even if this was improved for the Super Star Destroyers I think it would have a hard time matching that of a Hive.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      I haven't done one of these for a while

Why ruin it now? Everyone was so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
        Why ruin it now? Everyone was so happy.
        yes, these threads tend to make people disagree.

i'm gonna say Hive cuz
        a)i'm automaticaly prijudiced towrds stargate and hate starwars.
        b)the wraith seem to have those anti-shield weapons.
        c)the hive is like 11 km long star destroyers are like 2 km at most.
        e)the hive has way more darts, don't know exact number but a star destroyer only has 42 ties and 2 lambadas.
        f)the SS ion cannons are useles on hives as they are mostly organic.
        g)reserved for somehing smart

Comment

First of all I know people who really likes these and are just ariead to post them because of people like you so lets contiune

Now you say the Hive is 11KM well the Super Star Destroyer is 19 kilometers

It had over Over 5,000 turbolasers and ion cannons to use against the Hive, now lets say just half of those are turbolasers that 2,500 shots firing at a huge target as you point the hive being 11KM

I will give you the dart point as I think the hive has more fighter support then the Super Star Destroyer

Now to the point of the shields, The Super Star Destroyers shields were being shot at point blank range by a Mon Calamari cruisers so if the Wraith did this (which they have not shown to do) then maybe they would have a chance

But I say the Super Star Destroyer would win

http://www.starwars.com/databank/sta...stardestroyer/
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

WHY does everyone say hives are 11km long. I havent read this anywhere id put them at HALF that from scaling them. Where are they 11km long?

Comment

oh crap, i mesed up, through we were having regular star destroyers against a hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                WHY does everyone say hives are 11km long. I havent read this anywhere id put them at HALF that from scaling them. Where are they 11km long?
                Official lenght given from the studio. Plus it's matched by measurements on screen.
                Use the search engine next time, it's been answered a thousand times.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                  Concept drawing.

Comment

just to make things clear, we are using the Executor right, the one in the movies, cuz:
                    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Star_Destroyer
                    if you lok at the bottom, it's kinda a long list.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                      First of all I know people who really likes these and are just ariead to post them because of people like you so lets contiune

Now you say the Hive is 11KM well the Super Star Destroyer is 19 kilometers

It had over Over 5,000 turbolasers and ion cannons to use against the Hive, now lets say just half of those are turbolasers that 2,500 shots firing at a huge target as you point the hive being 11KM

I will give you the dart point as I think the hive has more fighter support then the Super Star Destroyer

Now to the point of the shields, The Super Star Destroyers shields were being shot at point blank range by a Mon Calamari cruisers so if the Wraith did this (which they have not shown to do) then maybe they would have a chance

But I say the Super Star Destroyer would win

http://www.starwars.com/databank/sta...stardestroyer/
                      Indeed... the Wraith would be space dust!

*500th Post*

Comment

depends

1 hive would do some serious damage but would loose.
                        multiple hives would incinerate it

Comment

the mojor weakness of the star destroyer seems it's shiendingseems local, so if a hive ship would say, aim for one spot(maybe the bridge) and start blasting with those deadalus sised guns...

must I realy say it?

Comment

I have no bias regarding any tech.

The Hive would be toast.

Super Star Destroyer has the best shields of any ship class in the Empire. It is also HUGE. A regular Star Destroyer is probably 2km, but the Super one is about 10 times longer, approaching 20km I would say. It is the epitome of tech for the Empire for regular ships. It would no doubt have many 100's of weapons, if not 1000's.

The Hive is definitely toast, 99% of the time. Only hope for the Hive, complete sneak attack where the Super Duper Star Destroyer had its shields down.

Against mutliple Hives, the Super would go down for the count.

Comment

This largely depends on what version of the star destroyer and hive you use. For example the Executor in the movie sure didn't fire no 2500 turbolasers at anything. It shot maybe a few bolts per second just like everything else in starwars and stargate.

I was never really impressed with the super star destroyer in general. Sure it's really big but it always seemed to me like more of a means for the Emperor to wave his dong at the galaxy than a real legitimate warship. In that sense it would be sort of like the deathstar but without the planet killing gun to back up it's excessive giantness.

Now the hiveship has similar problems. While the Executor might be more of a political exercise than an ideal design the hiveship, if we take a modern one, is likely to be almost completely empty and crewed by people that don't really know how most of it functions anymore.

The firepower for the weapons of the two both vary wildly depending on who you listen to. The executor goes anywhere from a few kilotons to low megatons per bolt to teratons and up. The hiveship can likewise go from popguns fired at SG teams on the ground to bolts that would waste an entire planet if you take the Atlantis ZPM draining as DET.

In terms of durability, we've seen hives killed by internal nuclear detonations and we've also seen that they can survive external ones of unspecified but likely at least low gigaton yeilds. They can also withstand fairly heavy beatings from other hives and can take off/land without incident from a planet despite their large size. The executor likewise does pretty well so long as its shields are up but seems to be basically made out of gunpowder wrapped in tissue paper after they go down. It blows up completely just from crashing into the deathstar at fairly slow speeds in return of the Jedi.

I'd say if you middle out the various extremes it's actually a pretty decent match. Even tie fighters vs darts should be a decent match. I think the hive has more darts than the executor does ties but ties have a better weapon in those dual blaster things than the darts do, at least when it comes to shooting down enemy fighters.

Comment

Working...
                              X