This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori ship Tech

Why are the ori ships so weak? You would think that after at least 10,000 years of living as something that has the ability to comprehend infinity the ori would be able to come up with something better. I mean the ancients got this far when they were mere mortals I would think an ascended being would be able to come up with a ship that kicks all others a**es. And the ships are made in the ori galaxy not in the milky way galaxy, so it's not like the ancients could stop their production. And the ancients obviously don't have a problem with the ori giving their knowledge to their followers, and letting them take that knowlede right on over to the milky way, how else would they know how to build such advanced ships!! I know that they couldn't make the ships to advanced, but their current state is just not impressive,it makes the ori seem so pathetic, and not in the evil villian way, more like the you really don't scare me way. What kind of villian doesn't scare their hero alittle.

Remember that when the Ori ships were first designed/built, they were more than a match for anything in MW that they'd come up against. The 304's are only now getting to be a threat with the Asgard upgrades which were a) created in another galaxy and therefore probably not considered by the Ori a direct threat and b) were probably created by the Asgard after the appearance of the Ori ships, otherwise we would have seen the used before.

This is then just a case of the Ori designing something that was fit for purpose at the time it was designed, making them any more powerful to start with could have delayed their launch, slowed down production, been beyond the manufacturing capabilities of the Priors, so they built what they needed to to win the war and then later, someone came up with a defence.
    Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

The followers were given what they needed to take over the milkyway and had the asgard given Earth all their tech they would've succeeded. The Ori followers are a surpressed people, giving them more than they need would be stupid and a bad way of keeping followers surpressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
        Why are the ori ships so weak? You would think that after at least 10,000 years of living as something that has the ability to comprehend infinity the ori would be able to come up with something better. I mean the ancients got this far when they were mere mortals I would think an ascended being would be able to come up with a ship that kicks all others a**es. And the ships are made in the ori galaxy not in the milky way galaxy, so it's not like the ancients could stop their production. And the ancients obviously don't have a problem with the ori giving their knowledge to their followers, and letting them take that knowlede right on over to the milky way, how else would they know how to build such advanced ships!! I know that they couldn't make the ships to advanced, but their current state is just not impressive,it makes the ori seem so pathetic, and not in the evil villian way, more like the you really don't scare me way. What kind of villian doesn't scare their hero alittle.
        ??? The Ori ships are probably the most advanced designes we've seen in the entire SG franchise. The Oddy was able to destroy two just because it was a bit more manouverable and a smaller target and had weapons specifically designed to penetrate Ori shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
          ??? The Ori ships are probably the most advanced designes we've seen in the entire SG franchise. The Oddy was able to destroy two just because it was a bit more manouverable and a smaller target and had weapons specifically designed to penetrate Ori shields.
          I agree, the ori ships aren't week, the oddy is the only thing that has been able to destroy one and it had a ZPM and an asgard power core. The Ori ships are still far more than a match for any other ship in the galaxy.
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
            WEAK?????? What show have u been watching

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
              I agree, the ori ships aren't week, the oddy is the only thing that has been able to destroy one and it had a ZPM and an asgard power core. The Ori ships are still far more than a match for any other ship in the galaxy.
              i hate to say this but we aint seen it fight a lot of the ships in sg
              sigpic
              Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                True, but the ships we have seen it fight (other than the oddy) it has torn through as if they were paper.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

we havent seen it distroy a asguard ship yet
                  sigpic
                  Sig For Me!

Comment

we havent seen it distroy a asguard ship yet
                    This is true, but i bet it would without those cool new beam weapons because all other weapons seem to have no effect on their sheilds. The korolev had asgard sheilds and that was destroyed quite quickly, the asgard ships would have more powerful sheilds but would probably not take that much more beating, after all anubiss hatak(s) destroyed an asgard ship.
                    Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                      This is true, but i bet it would without those cool new beam weapons because all other weapons seem to have no effect on their sheilds. The korolev had asgard sheilds and that was destroyed quite quickly, the asgard ships would have more powerful sheilds but would probably not take that much more beating, after all anubiss hatak(s) destroyed an asgard ship.
                      yes but the asguard ships have a much better power source and the ship which anubis distroyed was a much older model than the oneil
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

yes but the asguard ships have a much better power source and the ship which anubis distroyed was a much older model than the oneil
                        An Ori ship would shred an O'Neill without the beam weapons. As mentioned above the Oddy in 'Unending' has an Asgard powersource and a ZPM and the Ori beam was still draining it's shields incredibly quick. Now an O'Neill with no ZPM and no weapons that can damage the Ori shields would be quick work for an Ori ship.

I still think the Ori ships are the best ship seen in the stargate universe, until we see a fully powered Aurora however I have the feeling they still won't overtake the Ori ships as the number 1 ships. I mean if they're upto Ori standards then
                        Spoiler:
                        The only ships in BAMSR that'll be able to take out any Asuran Auroras will be the Earth ships. A fleet of 7 hives and travellers ships against a fleet of Aurora's would get wasted if they're upto Ori standard.

Comment

Only four of them made short work of the entire MW fleet consisting of lots of Ha'taks, two 304s and an O'neill. I say that's pretty damn impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            An Ori ship would shred an O'Neill without the beam weapons. As mentioned above the Oddy in 'Unending' has an Asgard powersource and a ZPM and the Ori beam was still draining it's shields incredibly quick. Now an O'Neill with no ZPM and no weapons that can damage the Ori shields would be quick work for an Ori ship.

I still think the Ori ships are the best ship seen in the stargate universe, until we see a fully powered Aurora however I have the feeling they still won't overtake the Ori ships as the number 1 ships. I mean if they're upto Ori standards then
                            Spoiler:
                            The only ships in BAMSR that'll be able to take out any Asuran Auroras will be the Earth ships. A fleet of 7 hives and travellers ships against a fleet of Aurora's would get wasted if they're upto Ori standard.
                            but you got to remember that we dont really know how powerful an asgard neutrino ion generator is. the beliskner had four and an o'niell is bigger so we dont really know how much power an oniell has because the generators are on the inside of the ship unlike the belisker they are visible from the outside. plus, we arent really sure how much power output a neutrino ion genrator can put out. so you cant really compare it to a zpm until you know how much power they output. plus the asgard computer core wasnt powering the weapons. it had it own powersource, the zpm was the only thing powering the weapons and other systems

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                              Only four of them made short work of the entire MW fleet consisting of lots of Ha'taks, two 304s and an O'neill. I say that's pretty damn impressive.
                              what im saying is that the ori (asd far as i can remember) have faced only 3 types of ship think of all the advanced races in sg which they havent faced for example the ship out of grace may be able to distroy all 4 of those ori ships. and we dont knoiw if the oneil was distroyed or not
                              sigpic
                              Sig For Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X