This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The asurans ships(not auora class)

Are they ancient desigened(ancient ship that have bin talked about but we not seen)?
    are they better then auorua class?
    to you thing they have more or less of the new ships then auoura class?
    name for the new ship?
    Last edited by ha'tak_; 18 December 2007, 10:05 AM.

It seems that the most powerful ship is the aurora class.
    Spoiler:
    Why else would they have the device for tracking aurora class ships in 'this mortal coil'

I don't think we have heard a name yet.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
      Are they ancient desigened(ancient ship that have bin talked about but we not seen)?
      are they better then auora class?
      to you thing they have more or less of the new ships then apura class?
      name for the new ship?
      Probably not better than Aurora class as aurora class was the battleship, this new thing looks more like a cruiser. They probably have equal amounts of both.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I think they're definitely ancient designed, but as has been said, I don't think they're warships, or if they are, they're mini-league compared to Auroras.
        sigpic
        If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
        I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
          I think they're definitely ancient designed, but as has been said, I don't think they're warships, or if they are, they're mini-league compared to Auroras.
          Cruiser is a lower designation than battleship.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

i've heard somewhere that it is a cruiser

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
              i've heard somewhere that it is a cruiser
              'Course you have.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                Cruiser is a lower designation than battleship.
                I know, but when you compare a Hive ship and a Wraith cruiser, the Cruiser seems tame, at least to me it does, so I didn't want to say it.

I suppose we could call one a battleship and the other a destroyer. Sounded better in my head...
                sigpic
                If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

They are much smaller, looks frail (not heavily armored) compared to the Aurora class.

Aurora class were the best warships the Ancients had.

That smaller ship did not even dent the shields of the Apollo.

Comment

if it was almost as powerful as an auora class ship it would have had drones and it would have destoryed the apollo for sure.

Comment

are they better then auora class?
                      to you thing they have more or less of the new ships then apura class?
                      name for the new ship?

They most likely are of ancient design. I personally would say since it's smaller than an Aurora class, it'd be weaker. However, since we've never had a Aurora face the Apollo, I have nothing to base that on. The Asurans would must definitely have more of these since their smaller and would most likely be able to be built faster. As for the name, I believe the name floating around is an "Lantean / Asuran Cruiser".

This ship correct? If not, then ignore my post.

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                      O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                      Woolsey: What does that mean?
                      O’neill: Something exploded.
                      Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                      and Stargate: Horizon
                      As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                      Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                      The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

i almost dont think that the ship in lifeline, and the ship in TMC are the same look at the front and rear screenshots and compare. Perhapse one is a scout the other is a cruiser

Comment

It seems that the most powerful ship is the aurora class.
                          Aurora class were the best warships the Ancients had.
                          Why on earth would that be the case. Not only has nothing been said to give this idea, but based on what we've seen so far I think it's unlikely in the extreme!

'Before I Sleep': ALT-WEIR: The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships in the faint hope of negotiating a truce. One on one, the Atlantean ships were more powerful, but the Wraith were so many. After that great battle, it was only a matter of time.

Their most powerful ships, then we saw 'Aurora' where it didn't even have their best hyperdrive. Then 'Inferno' & also 'TMC'. Have never even seen it fire an energy weapon.

Then of course there was 'The Return':

McKAY: It’s an Ancient warship. It’s possibly Aurora class.

CALDWELL: You know the subspace drive specs better than I do, Doctor, but I’m not sure an Aurora class ship has the power to do what you’re suggesting.

HELIA: We were in a battle with Wraith cruisers. They proved too much for us so we started back to Atlantis only to be told that the final evacuation was already in progress. I decided to push on to Earth and join the evacuees. Even when our hyperdrive failed we decided to continue on.

Cruisers that proved too much for their most powerful class of warship. Despite a single drone damaging one good in 'Condemned'.

Chances are 'Aurora' class ships are the weakest ones that they had. That's why there are so many of them left over from the war.

The reason the Asurans are chucking them out in such great numbers is probably because they are the easiest & simplest ones they can get out asap. Not to mention the fact that even though they may not be the most powerful class that can be built by them. If they can get a ton of them out, then it won't matter because they'll be the ones who have the numbers game on their side this time round. Not to mention the writers already had the Aurora model done, as well as sets etc. So since it's getting dearer to make the show these days, then this helps keep costs down. Especially if they plan on showing lots of Asuran ships in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by air200d View Post
                            i almost dont think that the ship in lifeline, and the ship in TMC are the same look at the front and rear screenshots and compare. Perhapse one is a scout the other is a cruiser
                            I actually think they are the same. Here, compare:
                            Lifeline Ship Pic A / Pic B
                            Mortal Coil Ship "Lantean/Asuran Cruiser"

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                            O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                            Woolsey: What does that mean?
                            O’neill: Something exploded.
                            Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                            and Stargate: Horizon
                            As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                            Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                            The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Anyone wonder why the Asuran ship in "Lifeline" had its rear facing the jumper...?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X