X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omnipedia?

Why isn't it being updated anymore?

I've been wondering this too. I'd be more than willing to put a fair amount of time into contributing to it, but I guess only one person can update it, otherwise you end up with something similar to imdb and wikipedia which has frequent errors.

The thing is some entries that were quite clearly created a year or two ago have been created, and then just left and not updated.

I really hope they do update it, because it is quite interesting to read, and also to see just how vast and expansive the Stargate franchise is.
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

yes, and there have been little to no updates to existing articles.

Comment

David is over at Cheyanne mountain working with the MMO people and isnt really working on the omnipedia, unfortunately. Maybe there will be a chance for another person to update it, chay for example.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

wikipedia is quite accurate.

is there a fan-made wiki thats 100% accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            wikipedia is quite accurate.

is there a fan-made wiki thats 100% accurate?
            like the omnopedia?

Comment

the gateworld omnipeida is inaccurate. many things are outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                the gateworld omnipeida is inaccurate. many things are outdated.
                that's what i just said, why not apoint a new editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  that's what i just said, why not apoint a new editor?
                  There are a lot of things that need to be updated on the omnipedia and also there is a lot of new things they need to add in, they should give someone else the responsibility (as has been said several times).

Who is responsible for it ATM?
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

ye, who?

Comment

Working...
                    X