The destruction of Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The destruction of Atlantis

Is it just me or what. This last Friday night the replacaters blew the crap out of several areas of Atlantis. This isn't the first time that some part of the city has been left in ruins. Also last Friday another Puddle jumper not only got shot up, got damaged enough that I don,t think it will ever be useful again.
    Now when will the damage to Atlantis be repaired, and by whom. If the city doesn't have some maintance and repair from time to time, by the ttime season five is over it may very well be in ruins. Kind of a bad end for a city that was 10,000 years old and in near mint condition when we found it.
    Also, the Puddle jumpers. I seem to remember in season one, when they found the ships that became Puddle jumpers there were a finite number of them and that number seemed to less than 50. Now, we have seen a fair number heavily damaged or even destroyed jumpers in the ensueing seasons, with no hint that there may be a limit of the number of available jumpers. I am becoming confused. Are the jumper infinite in numbers, perhaps some unexplained stargate backstory, where is the end of unlimited jumpers. I think we need a fix or explaintion of the jumper situation and how are we going to explain why we with help to be sure have managed to destroy a perficly good 10,000 year old historical site.

Atlantis that got destroyed, and the Puddle Jumper were Replicator copies created to test the copies of Sheppard, Ronan, Teyla and McKay. They don't need to repair anything because the real Atlantis wasn't damaged. The only damaged they'd need to fit is from the meteroite damage at the start of the season.

There was a second city found during season two, and this allows the team access to replacement Jumpers if needed.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Atlantis that got destroyed, and the Puddle Jumper were Replicator copies created to test the copies of Sheppard, Ronan, Teyla and McKay. They don't need to repair anything because the real Atlantis wasn't damaged. The only damaged they'd need to fit is from the meteroite damage at the start of the season.

There was a second city found during season two, and this allows the team access to replacement Jumpers if needed.
      Also at least one secondary JumperBay within Atlantis itself.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Also at least one secondary JumperBay within Atlantis itself.
        I had forgotten about that. It opens the possibility for other jumpers to be around the city (which would make sense if they were to be considered escape pods and placed around key parts of the city) and for there to be more Jumpers at the second city.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave6309 View Post
          Is it just me or what. This last Friday night the replacaters blew the crap out of several areas of Atlantis.
          No they didn't.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Only damage to the city is the huge part from S4E1

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
              No they didn't.
              Spoiler:
              Indeed, that City in last friday's epp was a Replicator copy of Atlantis built to serve the experiment...

Spoiler:
              I had a feeling that Carter's vision in 'The Seer' might have been another city and not Atlantis...

Comment

Is it just me or what. This last Friday night the replacaters blew the crap out of several areas of Atlantis. This isn't the first time that some part of the city has been left in ruins. Also last Friday another Puddle jumper not only got shot up, got damaged enough that I don,t think it will ever be useful again.
                Now when will the damage to Atlantis be repaired, and by whom. If the city doesn't have some maintance and repair from time to time, by the ttime season five is over it may very well be in ruins. Kind of a bad end for a city that was 10,000 years old and in near mint condition when we found it.
                Also, the Puddle jumpers. I seem to remember in season one, when they found the ships that became Puddle jumpers there were a finite number of them and that number seemed to less than 50. Now, we have seen a fair number heavily damaged or even destroyed jumpers in the ensueing seasons, with no hint that there may be a limit of the number of available jumpers. I am becoming confused. Are the jumper infinite in numbers, perhaps some unexplained stargate backstory, where is the end of unlimited jumpers. I think we need a fix or explaintion of the jumper situation and how are we going to explain why we with help to be sure have managed to destroy a perficly good 10,000 year old historical site.
                Ugh... did you even watch the episode?
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Dude, when you watch an episode do you actually "watch" it? How could you miss the fact that it wasn't the real atlantis, it was like the main point of the ep.
                  My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                    Dude, when you watch an episode do you actually "watch" it? How could you miss the fact that it wasn't the real atlantis, it was like the main point of the ep.
                    Go easy on the guy. He might just as well be among the many casual viewers not particularly concerned with every bit of details and plot twists in an episode.
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

But it was THE plot twist in this episode!

Comment

And this is a fansite so you have to assume he watched it completely and at least half-paid attention. There was no attempt to blur which Atlantis was getting nuked.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Indeed, that City in last friday's epp was a Replicator copy of Atlantis built to serve the experiment...

Spoiler:
                          I had a feeling that Carter's vision in 'The Seer' might have been another city and not Atlantis...
                          Spoiler:
                          I watched TMC and upon noticing a certain familiarity of the destruction of Replantis re-watched carters vision in "The Seer" They are exactly the same, down to the faces of the people running through the exploding corridors.

Comment

Yeah, the suspense really lasted a while, didn't it?
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i wanted it to have had the cliff hanger type ending. the story had closure so im not as amped as i was in previous seasons.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X