This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 or 305?

first of all this is a serious question so no stupid answers please.

prometheus: designed with reverse-engineered goauld technology.
    then we got asgard technology and so we got te deadalus. now we have all the asgard knowledge. what should earth do:

1 keep the bc304 and modify
    2 make the bc305.what weapons and systems should it have and how big?

im pro 304

i love the design. and i think its adaptable enough for the new asgard tech.

what do you think?

Both, of course!

First of all, all ships should be upgraded with the new Asgard technology. Second, a series of new ships should be built ranging from small PuddleJumper-sized ships able to travel through the Gates, to immensly large battlestations and carriers. In addition a few ships dedicated to exploratory missions ought to be made, with similar purpose to the Enterprise ships from the Star Trek franchise.

Oh, and also planetary defence systems should be built, either satelites or groundbased weapons (like the Ion-cannons of the Tollans).

And also a cool ship for myself, with which I can leave this annoying planet
    "And the people shall deliver the wicked into your divine judgment, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true."

sigpic

Comment

305=Warship with all the latest Asgard upgrades build in to it.

Comment

Even though the Asgard upgrades were only 'tacked on' I don't think we could do better as it was the Asgard themselves that installed them. The 304 does the job and I don't think building the upgrades directly into the ship will make a difference, so why waste the time and resources building a 305?

Comment

Well if your sayin we should create a new bigger bad ass ship i don't think so

We should be buliding like a small ..... cargo ship / puddlejumper .... class

Harper

Comment

nah i thought about making the wings of the 302 retractable so they fit through a stargate.

also its about atlantis in the time after this mortal coil. we cant just start designing all kinds of ships.

Comment

I'm more of a 306 fan. They are my thing cos they use magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                I'm more of a 306 fan. They are my thing cos they use magnets.
                thats what i wana hear

Comment

or...

303- goa'uld human hybrid then asgard upgraded
                  304- asgard human hybrid
                  how about 305- ancient human hybrid
                  There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I'd like to see a Giant Space-Base. That Moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                      or...

303- goa'uld human hybrid then asgard upgraded
                      304- asgard human hybrid
                      how about 305- ancient human hybrid
                      That works for me, maybe we can change the Asurans base code so they'll help us build human/ancient hybrid ships.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        That works for me, maybe we can change the Asurans base code so they'll help us build human/ancient hybrid ships.
                        and then halfway through, they realize what we did and use the ships against us...you know, I could see that happening
                        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                        Check out my Flickr

Comment

I'm for the 401 a whole new class of ships. Its small and fast. It has Asgard shields, Weapons, Sensors, Beams, and all the works but it isn't as big as the 304 and is used for making a quick, easily built, effecient ship and not a big one like the 304
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            I'm for the 401 a whole new class of ships. Its small and fast. It has Asgard shields, Weapons, Sensors, Beams, and all the works but it isn't as big as the 304 and is used for making a quick, easily built, effecient ship and not a big one like the 304
                            i totaly agree. something like a frigate or something

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I don't think the time is right for a 400 series of ship.

Just because we have access to the Asgard and Ancient database, that's a far cry away from being able to understand and effectively use that information to built a ship so impressive that it starts of with a new designation.

That said, I think think the Odyssey is the closest thing to a true 305 we'll get for a while. Even with the Asgard database, I don't believe that human engineers could yet create weapons, shields or engines that rival what the Asgard could have done to the ship. Asgard based technology is definitely what we should expect the rest of the 300 series of ships to include and should a new ship appear at the end of this season of Atlantis/start of season five (which is what always happens), as much as I would love for a 305 class but not enough time has passed for what I believe to be proper understanding and development so a new 305/Asgard enhanced 304 would probably still be weak in comparison to the Odyssey.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X