This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran ship numbers (spoilers)

well if you watched the most recent episode you know that the asurans have alot of ships, and most likely they are winning the war. Thoughts on this?
    Spoiler:
    i am not sure but from what i watched, but it seems 30-50 ships in total. Again i am not sure it might be less or more, because i did not count all the red dots
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

I counted ~35, inc. the last beeps.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
      I counted ~35, inc. the last beeps.
      cool, now 35 aroura class ships have been counted, but this doesnt include the other classes of ships so i am estimating around 50 ships total, remember from the start of the series there was only 60 wraith hives, and many have been destroyed...
      this also made me wonder, the ancients lost to the wraith because of numbers, but it now seems that the asurans outnumber the wraith now...
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

probably countless numbers of those cruisers (or whatever they were) we saw guarding the gate
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          probably countless numbers of those cruisers (or whatever they were) we saw guarding the gate
          the only way i think this would make sense plot wise, is that we might get new asgard upgrades so we can keep up with the asurans
          Spoiler:

Comment

Or steal some ships, or get more 304s. A LOT more.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
              the only way i think this would make sense plot wise, is that we might get new asgard upgrades so we can keep up with the asurans
              For that to work though wouldn't that have to mean that Asgard tech is equal to or surpasses Asuran/Ancient tech? .

Comment

Asgard lasers will probably shred Asuran/Ancient shields. The lasers may have be specifically designed to punch through any type of shield. Asgard ship tech surpasses Ancient/Asuran tech. We already seen Asgard tech surpass Ori (who were Ancients).

As for the Asurans, those are numbers of ships I figured they had, when wtf his name said they launched a "massive fleet", but I figured the number closer to 50 ships, the Asurans probably have closer to 100 by now.

Like I said in a previous post, the Asurans are more deadlier than any race ever in the universe (except possibly the MW Replicators), without their vulnerabilities in their base code (can be hacked) they are unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                  Asgard lasers will probably shred Asuran/Ancient shields. The lasers may have be specifically designed to punch through any type of shield. Asgard ship tech surpasses Ancient/Asuran tech. We already seen Asgard tech surpass Ori (who were Ancients).

As for the Asurans, those are numbers of ships I figured they had, when wtf his name said they launched a "massive fleet", but I figured the number closer to 50 ships, the Asurans probably have closer to 100 by now.

Like I said in a previous post, the Asurans are more deadlier than any race ever in the universe (except possibly the MW Replicators), without their vulnerabilities in their base code (can be hacked) they are unstoppable.
                  But one should remember that the Ori weren't science geeks like Ancients. Therefor Ori might be less advanced than the Ancients were.

Probably the Asgard weapons need a little calibration, before they are working at full capacity against Asuran shields.

Comment

Ori may have been less advanced back then, but having Ascended, their knowledge base would be incredibly extensive to say the least.

They used their Ascended knowledge to inform the Priors to build ships, and likely gave the schematics for them. Thus the Ori ships are SUPER advanced.
                    Their power core also looked incredibly advanced as well, may be on level with a ZPM.

The Ori ships: This is the first time in the SG universe when ship(s) were made too look invincible and indestructable. The Ori ships took no apparent damage from the concentrated fire by a fleet of Ha'tak, Asgard ship or Earth ships...While the Ori ships destroyed Ha'taks with 1 shot (and the beam continued on). We have never seen that kind of firepower aimed against ships (even Annubis first supership, the weapon did not look as powerful as the Ori ones).

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                      Ori may have been less advanced back then, but having Ascended, their knowledge base would be incredibly extensive to say the least.

They used their Ascended knowledge to inform the Priors to build ships, and likely gave the schematics for them. Thus the Ori ships are SUPER advanced.
                      Their power core also looked incredibly advanced as well, may be on level with a ZPM.

The Ori ships: This is the first time in the SG universe when ship(s) were made too look invincible and indestructable. The Ori ships took no apparent damage from the concentrated fire by a fleet of Ha'tak, Asgard ship or Earth ships...While the Ori ships destroyed Ha'taks with 1 shot (and the beam continued on). We have never seen that kind of firepower aimed against ships (even Annubis first supership, the weapon did not look as powerful as the Ori ones).
                      Agreed, I don't understand why people still don't get this, giving their followers the knowledge in their own galaxy is not breaking the rules, nor is their followers using the given technology to conquer a galaxy. If the Ori couldn't be more advanced than the ancients before 'Origin' they certain are now that they know of the milkyway and therefore Pegasus, they can look in and aquire knowledge, they just can't directly interfere.

Comment

^^^Yeah, how else could 12th century medeval people build these insanely advanced uber ships?

Ori gave their followers the knowledge.

Comment

It seems like they got their drones nerfed in the last episode, now apparently you need 2 to kill a puddle jumper and need to float into an atmosphere to bombard something with their fairly measly explosives.

The drones in this last episode just seemed like plain old ordinary guided missiles, only with hilariously lousy ranges.

This from the "super advanced badguys" in a universe where Earth is firing off gigaton level nuclear bombs in orbital strikes. How does that balance exactly?

You just watch, I'm calling it now, when they show them battle the Wraith or a 304 their drones will explode when they hit hulls/shields and cause surface damage instead of doing what they're supposed to.

Comment

The more Aurora ships the better . This means huge loses for the Wraith

Comment

I got 44, including the ones on screen and being constructed on the home world plus the one they hitched a ride with. This is going to be interesting, theres no way all of them can be taken out, but we could take them over using disruptors like thor did, WMD versions.

Very true but now they can alter their own code, its going to be alot harder, they could easily encode the entire thing to prevent hacks and put in more security measures.

As to the Asgard/Ori/Asurian debate. The Asurians are better than the ancients, far better, they have none of the weaknesses and all of the technology, "and then some". The Drone weapons are the only trump card the Asurians and the Ancients have right now, and if they are not used to full effect, Ie superweapon style phase through shields. They will be have a tough fight against a shielded opponant. As to the wraith against the Asgard..no contest, the Asgard, if alive would kick their asses. Unending weapons are the most powerful weapon seen so far in stargate IMO. While they lack the uberness of drones and the ori main cannon, the fact they can penetrate Ori shields proves that they are far in advance of any single weapon seen so far. Yes drones can do through shields, but individually their explosive power is pretty minimal, wheras a single shot from the Unending weapons put more of a dent in to the Ori than the entire MW galaxies fleet. When the asurians come up against that kind of firepower, its going to be very very interesting. The wraith, as unshielded and massive targets are going to have a serious fight on their hands against Daedalus mark 2. Lets face it, weve destroyed hives with rail guns and missiles. Hives dont stand a chance against weapons which have downed theoretically the most powerful class of ship ever created.
                              Last edited by immhotep; 08 December 2007, 06:49 AM.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X