X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darker side to ronon in season 5??/ spoliers

tagging to be safe

Spoiler:
    "I really want my character to go to the dark side," Jason Momoa ("Ronon Dex") revealed to GateWorld today in an interview. "We've been talking about it ... What I've always wanted to happen is some epic story, and I hope they write something epic, that I'm captured and tortured by the Wraith, by Michael or someone."

Season Five was recently given the green light by the SCI FI Channel, and Momoa is ecstatic that he is returning for episodes 80 to 100. But what would give him even greater pleasure is a story he could sink his teeth into -- a story of betrayal.

"I'm waiting for Sheppard and those guys to come get me, and he's not allowed to come get me. Some I.O.A. thing says they can't, I'm an alien. [Sheppard] wants to and he's restricted from it.

"I just want the character to have a full change," he told us, "[have] him to feel betrayed by Atlantis, not to come and save him, and him to be confused and mind-warped to think he was done wrong again by someone he loves. Have him go AWOL. Have him become a bad guy and working for Wraith or Michael or someone like that."

http://gateworld.net/news/2007/12/mo...ark_side.shtml

pretty interesting

I want to see this.

I will see this.

Comment

I would like to see he and Todd become friends. It would be a nice twist that Ronon can trust in a Wraith.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I wouldn't like his idea, it just isn't Ronon. He hates the Wraith, wants every single one of them dead, is always peed off when we have to associate with one, why would he work for one? The only option is brainwashing which isn't exactly original.

Comment

Ronon should be more civilized and less passionate. Maybe they should write about his artist skills that he has a sensitive part too.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Ronon should be more civilized and less passionate. Maybe they should write about his artist skills that he has a sensitive part too.
            sry but how would that be important? also it'd be totally OOC imo. Ronon and painting? I'm sure he has feelings too if that's what you're wondering about but seriously, why painting?
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

He should learn to forget his painful past, learn from the mistakes and find new goals for his life. Ok, he lost his planet, but can't serve Earth until retirement. If there is peace in Pegasus, he will leave Atlantis. What will he do in that case? What science or profession could he learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                He should learn to forget his painful past, learn from the mistakes and find new goals for his life. Ok, he lost his planet, but can't serve Earth until retirement. If there is peace in Pegasus, he will leave Atlantis. What will he do in that case? What science or profession could he learn?
                I think this is one of the reasons why there won't be peace in the PG also I really don't want him to simply forget his past. he's been through hell, how could he ever forget this? it would be OOC imo
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Mmm, based on Dark Teyla so far this storyline would probably amount to one episode of Ronan being slightly cranky and it being resolved next episode by a timely root canal.

So good in theory, not convinced they could or would pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by P2J
                    i like him golfing in sunday
                    I agree he should stick to golf

Comment

I like the idea of making the character darker. That's kinda the way he started out. They always write him as "give me something to shoot at" so seeing him act a little more violent and angry would work perfect.

I wanna see him disregarding orders and doing things his way. Kinda like Reunion or Sateda.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

No no no, if you want truly dark, you have to break him. Ronon is obviously strong, physically and mentally, so imagine what has to go down to break that down to the point where he will actually work with the Wraith. It'll be intense...and entertaining.

Comment

I don't like this idea... it just seem in character for Ronon

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

What could be a great twist? Here is my story idea:

Spoiler:
                            Todd became a very important member of the expedition and everyone began to like him. Ronan is jealous and he can't forget his past, so he will kill him. He realized what he has done, so he tries to flee from Atlantis and he hides on a planet. Todd can be saved by the expedition, but he didn't want revenge. The IOA decides that Ronon must be found at all cost. Ronon became a Runner again, but now he fears the expedition's revenge. He will meet with Ford and the Genii Kolya, who made an alliance and they give him a choice. Ronon will return to Atlantis as a spy. Ronon is a bit naive, so he will give informations to Kolya, what will cost the lives of an expedition team. Teyla will discover his secret, but he kidnaps her. Teyla will discover that the old Ronon died and his new personality is very weird. She thinks he is only a Replicator clone and they began to fight on a cliff. Ronon injures and Todd will try to heal him, but he can give back only the 7 year, what was lost during his Runner time. They will make peace. Carter will try to heal him with her Goa'uld healing device, but it isn't enough. Ronon acts like he was brainwashed by Kolya. Carter remembers to Teal'c, when similar things happened with him. Ronon is very confused and he tries to make suicide in the city. The whole team is shocked, when they see them so broken. They will call a Tok'ra, who will merge with him...

Comment

That would never happen
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X