PDA

View Full Version : Darker side to ronon in season 5??/ spoliers

P2J
December 7th, 2007, 08:57 PM
tagging to be safe

"I really want my character to go to the dark side," Jason Momoa ("Ronon Dex") revealed to GateWorld today in an interview. "We've been talking about it ... What I've always wanted to happen is some epic story, and I hope they write something epic, that I'm captured and tortured by the Wraith, by Michael or someone."

Season Five was recently given the green light by the SCI FI Channel, and Momoa is ecstatic that he is returning for episodes 80 to 100. But what would give him even greater pleasure is a story he could sink his teeth into -- a story of betrayal.

"I'm waiting for Sheppard and those guys to come get me, and he's not allowed to come get me. Some I.O.A. thing says they can't, I'm an alien. [Sheppard] wants to and he's restricted from it.

"I just want the character to have a full change," he told us, "[have] him to feel betrayed by Atlantis, not to come and save him, and him to be confused and mind-warped to think he was done wrong again by someone he loves. Have him go AWOL. Have him become a bad guy and working for Wraith or Michael or someone like that."
http://gateworld.net/news/2007/12/momoa_wants_to_go_dark_side.shtml

pretty interesting

PG15
December 8th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I want to see this.

I will see this.

Platschu
December 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I would like to see he and Todd become friends. It would be a nice twist that Ronon can trust in a Wraith.

kirmit
December 8th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't like his idea, it just isn't Ronon. He hates the Wraith, wants every single one of them dead, is always peed off when we have to associate with one, why would he work for one? The only option is brainwashing which isn't exactly original.

Platschu
December 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Ronon should be more civilized and less passionate. Maybe they should write about his artist skills that he has a sensitive part too. ;)

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Ronon should be more civilized and less passionate. Maybe they should write about his artist skills that he has a sensitive part too. ;)

sry but how would that be important? also it'd be totally OOC imo. Ronon and painting? I'm sure he has feelings too if that's what you're wondering about but seriously, why painting?

Platschu
December 8th, 2007, 02:20 PM
He should learn to forget his painful past, learn from the mistakes and find new goals for his life. Ok, he lost his planet, but can't serve Earth until retirement. If there is peace in Pegasus, he will leave Atlantis. What will he do in that case? What science or profession could he learn?

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 02:26 PM
He should learn to forget his painful past, learn from the mistakes and find new goals for his life. Ok, he lost his planet, but can't serve Earth until retirement. If there is peace in Pegasus, he will leave Atlantis. What will he do in that case? What science or profession could he learn?

I think this is one of the reasons why there won't be peace in the PG ;) also I really don't want him to simply forget his past. he's been through hell, how could he ever forget this? it would be OOC imo

Arica12
December 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Mmm, based on Dark Teyla so far this storyline would probably amount to one episode of Ronan being slightly cranky and it being resolved next episode by a timely root canal.

So good in theory, not convinced they could or would pull it off.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM
i like him golfing in sunday

I agree he should stick to golf :D

Shan Bruce Lee
December 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I like the idea of making the character darker. That's kinda the way he started out. They always write him as "give me something to shoot at" so seeing him act a little more violent and angry would work perfect.

I wanna see him disregarding orders and doing things his way. Kinda like Reunion or Sateda.

PG15
December 8th, 2007, 04:00 PM
No no no, if you want truly dark, you have to break him. Ronon is obviously strong, physically and mentally, so imagine what has to go down to break that down to the point where he will actually work with the Wraith. It'll be intense...and entertaining.

Ace
December 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I don't like this idea... it just seem in character for Ronon

Ace

Platschu
December 9th, 2007, 10:17 AM
What could be a great twist? Here is my story idea:

Todd became a very important member of the expedition and everyone began to like him. Ronan is jealous and he can't forget his past, so he will kill him. He realized what he has done, so he tries to flee from Atlantis and he hides on a planet. Todd can be saved by the expedition, but he didn't want revenge. The IOA decides that Ronon must be found at all cost. Ronon became a Runner again, but now he fears the expedition's revenge. He will meet with Ford and the Genii Kolya, who made an alliance and they give him a choice. Ronon will return to Atlantis as a spy. Ronon is a bit naive, so he will give informations to Kolya, what will cost the lives of an expedition team. Teyla will discover his secret, but he kidnaps her. Teyla will discover that the old Ronon died and his new personality is very weird. She thinks he is only a Replicator clone and they began to fight on a cliff. Ronon injures and Todd will try to heal him, but he can give back only the 7 year, what was lost during his Runner time. They will make peace. Carter will try to heal him with her Goa'uld healing device, but it isn't enough. Ronon acts like he was brainwashed by Kolya. Carter remembers to Teal'c, when similar things happened with him. Ronon is very confused and he tries to make suicide in the city. The whole team is shocked, when they see them so broken. They will call a Tok'ra, who will merge with him... ;)

jelgate
December 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
That would never happen

The_Carpenter
December 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM
That would never happen

Indeed would you imagine the uproar from the Ronan Thunkers, Whumpers and what not, plus he wouldn't get a Tok'ra snake they have shown no interest in Atlantis. If that because they don't know about it then well that's another reason why it won't happen

Integrabyte
December 9th, 2007, 11:09 AM
What could be a great twist? Here is my story idea:

Todd became a very important member of the expedition and everyone began to like him. Ronan is jealous and he can't forget his past, so he will kill him. He realized what he has done, so he tries to flee from Atlantis and he hides on a planet. Todd can be saved by the expedition, but he didn't want revenge. The IOA decides that Ronon must be found at all cost. Ronon became a Runner again, but now he fears the expedition's revenge. He will meet with Ford and the Genii Kolya, who made an alliance and they give him a choice. Ronon will return to Atlantis as a spy. Ronon is a bit naive, so he will give informations to Kolya, what will cost the lives of an expedition team. Teyla will discover his secret, but he kidnaps her. Teyla will discover that the old Ronon died and his new personality is very weird. She thinks he is only a Replicator clone and they began to fight on a cliff. Ronon injures and Todd will try to heal him, but he can give back only the 7 year, what was lost during his Runner time. They will make peace. Carter will try to heal him with her Goa'uld healing device, but it isn't enough. Ronon acts like he was brainwashed by Kolya. Carter remembers to Teal'c, when similar things happened with him. Ronon is very confused and he tries to make suicide in the city. The whole team is shocked, when they see them so broken. They will call a Tok'ra, who will merge with him... ;)

Sounds better than most of the episodes we've seen so far. Just add in there that Ronon plays golf all day long :D and you got a 10/10 episode :D

Platschu
December 9th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I can imagine him as a Tok'ra / Goa'uld host. The change between Ronon and the Tok'Ra can be a good way to show his acting skills. Maybe the Tok'Ra has an own centuries long back story, so Ronon can have more connection with MW and become a master of history. :)

Other idea. I hope Teal'c will teach him that he has to calm down in special situations. :P

But the most I would like to see that Ronon will be connected to the Wraith somehow.

Integrabyte
December 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I can imagine him as a Tok'ra / Goa'uld host. The change between Ronon and the Tok'Ra can be a good way to show his acting skills. Maybe the Tok'Ra has an own centuries long back story, so Ronon can have more connection with MW and become a master of history. :)

Other idea. I hope Teal'c will teach him that he has to calm down in special situations. :P

But the most I would like to see that Ronon will be connected to the Wraith somehow.

...or calm up :D

Aussie_Fan
December 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
As long as he actually goes dark..

Apparently most of the peps in Atlantis are suppose to be darker this season. However the only thing making them that way is the lighting.. or lack there of.

Integrabyte
December 10th, 2007, 01:12 AM

Apparently most of the peps in Atlantis are suppose to be darker this season. However the only thing making them that way is the lighting.. or lack there of.

Some take it literally some figuratively :D

doylefan22
December 10th, 2007, 04:20 AM
I think it would certainly be interesting although I agree with others that I don't think I could see his allying himself with the Wraith for any reason.

I'd see it as more likely something bad happens (deaths, perhaps of refugee Satedans...) and he decides Atlantis isn't hardcore enough for him as regards wiping out the Wraith. I can certainly see him going off on a one man revenge mission regardless of what the others say or do.

Lythisrose
December 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Spoiler for TMC
I'd rather see repli!Ronan be the one to turn dark and end up confronting the original Ronan somewhere, somehow. It would give JM his chance to act "dark" but not completely turn the character of Ronan around.

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I want to see this.

I will see this.

Same here. Really looking forward to seeing his dark side in Midway.

Fenrir Foxz
December 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Same here. Really looking forward to seeing his dark side in Midway.

Ronon vs Teal'c!!!!!
So can't wait to see that! and them fighting side by side...

Jumper_One
December 10th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Ronon vs Teal'c!!!!!
So can't wait to see that! and them fighting side by side...

yeah that'll be awesome :tealc::ronan:

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM
yeah that'll be awesome :tealc::ronan:

Yes it will though what if at some point they both say "Indeed". Then Teal'c gives him the eyebrow.

Avenger
December 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Well, then, that would just be funny.

Jumper_One
December 11th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Yes it will though what if at some point they both say "Indeed". Then Teal'c gives him the eyebrow.

IIRC there's gonna be a scene in which Ronon tells Teal'c that he says 'indeed' a lot

:D can't wait for that

PG15
December 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
News about this from JM:

Anonymous #6 writes: “I was reading the news about Jason’s idea about Ronon going dark side in season 5 on GW. […] If you are throwing out ideas I hope it doesn’t come down to Ronon being captured and Sheppard unable to fee him because of the IOA.”

Answer: Well, as it turns out, Ronon’s desire to go darkside meshes nicely with a late season four story I had wanted to do - that, conveniently enough, has been pushed to early season 5. While the notion of Ronon feeling abandoned is interesting, I think it would be an irredeemable leap for his character to vow vengeance on Sheppard for not rescuing him in a timely manner. A more interesting scenario would have Ronon….ah, just watch the episode when it airs.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/december-11-2007/

Briangate78
December 14th, 2007, 05:15 PM
So is he gonna be called Darth Ronon or something? lol! J/k!

LOL, I know it means a darker tone for his character. :p

Jeff O'Connor
December 15th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I really like JM's answer up there. I came into this thread intent on posting a small rant about while I like Jason's idea, I'd hate for it to happen so bluntly as he's described, because it could become irreversible enough that we'd be looking at another cast change.

"Season 5 lineup news! Ronon Dex is being replaced by a Replicator version of a Foothold Alien's daughter's... Furling's... relation through marriage to General O'Neill's... love for fishing... uhh... oh... who cares? It's a new c-c-c-cast change!"

Mitchell82
December 15th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Well, then, that would just be funny.

Yes it would.

Mitchell82
December 15th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Um have we been watching the same show? I would say it has gotten darker. Reunion,Millers Crossing, and Missing come to mind.

jakebolt
December 17th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I heard the Jason or the guy who plays Ronon Dex wants to go dark side. You have got to be kidding! I really don't want to see another Ford story. I mean they would almost be ripping themselves off. Actually I think it would be very interesting if Ford ( Rainbow Sun Franks) came back instead. Does anyone agree with me on this?

sueKay
December 17th, 2007, 09:39 AM
all Jason said was what he wants which won't be what they'll write

jakebolt
December 17th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Ok here's my idea, first Ronon is captured by Wraith. Then they take dna from him and make a clone. They then make the clone part wraith try to make Ronon hunt him. Ronon should not go to the dark side (I remind you about Ford once again!) and the fact that they left him behind once. This was seen on Seteda. They did everything to get him back. And all that time warming up to him ,its just a bad idea. And has anyone else notice all the pineapples in SG1?

Julie
December 27th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I wanna see him lose apart of himself a eye or something ....that would be lost long lasting and make the epsidoe worth it

jenks
December 27th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Or a leg, Yaar

Lythisrose
December 27th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I really don't like it much when "good" characters go "bad." I don't mind a bit of moral ambiguity (think :sheppard:) and angst, but having a character that I have grown to like become evil becase the writers or actors like writing/playing it that way makes me very unhappy. (didn't even like the whole Angel/Angelus thing that lasted for so long on Buffy)
It is kind of like TPTB killing off various characters just to heighten the dramatic tension in the show.
If they wish to explore the dark side of a person or have someone feel betrayed and alone, that's OK, but please don't make that person into someone I do not like or empathize with. :( :ronan:

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I wanna see him lose apart of himself a eye or something ....that would be lost long lasting and make the epsidoe worth it

Making Ronon loose a body part is what it takes to make an episode interesting? ;) THankfully I disagree.

PG15
December 29th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Some bits from a recent JM interview:

SoSF: There was an interview with Jason Momoa pursuing perhaps the dark side of Ronon, is that a plan for Season 5?

JM: Well, he came in and pitched the story where he had an idea because he was having trouble with his dreads and they were getting heavy and they were tearing out at the roots. He didn’t touch them and they would tear out of the scalp and he wanted to come up with an idea in line with ‘Apocalypse Now, a dark side Ronon he suggested he’s furious at Shepard, he think’s he’s abandoned him and the IOA wouldn’t allow a rescue mission and he’s been capture by Michael. I like the idea of dark side Ronon, I mean I just like the idea of dark side of characters in general, but the idea that Ronon would hold Shepard responsible for not coming to his rescue in a timely manner, was something that I thought was really not in character for Ronon. There is a story I’ve been wanting to do in the back half of the season, which is a Ronon story which essentially is the sequel to ‘Reunion’, just because the stories that needed telling in the back half would never got around to making it, the sequel that I would like to do in Season 5 and it would afford us the opportunity to see a little of Ronon’s dark side so in response to that Jason will get the opportunity to go to the dark side whether he wants to loose the hair or not is the question for him. When he pushed out the idea about cutting his hair we said “Well, that’s kind of problematic because we end on a cliff hanger and the Ronon we see at the end of Season 4 has got to be the same Ronon we see at the beginning of Season 5 and he can’t have gotten a hair cut. So we discussed it and there’s a woman who actually does his hair in Vancouver and he said apparently they can cut off the dreads and if I keep the hair long enough, we can reattach the dreads and it will look exactly like before then a couple of episodes down the line, if we want to cut them off… We talked to this woman and she said yes, it’s a laborious process that will take two full days to do which means he will be sitting in a chair for two days while she painstakingly reattaches the dreads and at that point I think he would reconsider cutting them off. If he’s going to sit in a chair for two days he might not be so quick to cut them off. But we’ll see. That’s a story for Season 5 that we have to sit down and talk to Jason about and whether he wants to loose the hair or not. It will be interesting to see how the fans react. They are so used to seeing him with dreads.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/12/30/a-slice-of-scifi-interview-with-sgas-joe-mallozzi/

vaberella
December 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Reattach the dreads takes two days?! I've had Nulocs put in and I know many a ladies who've had them done. Two days?! I find that hard to believe. With the thickness of his and the length he had, probably the max would be 5, maybe 6 hours and I'm being generous.

I do have to say I did figure this out a while ago. So I'm far from surprised by the outcome.

Well anyway, currently with the thought of a hair cut I'm seeing Ronon Dex as Ronald Dexter.

I don't have a problem with the short hair, I'm just a dred fan. Plus, what's this talk about it ripping out of his scalp, I wonder how he's caring for them? ~sigh~ Sounds like a lack of moisture, maybe also not enough protective styles. I wonder what a Rasta with a dred longer than his/her feet would say to that?

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/21/miss_jamaica_narrowweb__300x481,0.jpg or http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh49/ravenwingclaw/rcmoyo3.jpg
They seem to be doing fine.

Maybe he just wanted to cut his hair, cause the scalp excuse just doesn't hold up for me.