This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's Phase Device

I dont really get why they havent put this into atlantis' systems (except it would make them almost undefeatable) because its much better than a shield because they cant hit you at all and you can probably hit back if you need to.

Originally posted by d10sfan View Post
    I dont really get why they havent put this into atlantis' systems (except it would make them almost undefeatable) because its much better than a shield because they cant hit you at all and you can probably hit back if you need to.
    Yeah I've thought about that too I'm sure a single ZPM can send Atlantis out of phase. I'm sure Carter'll think of it at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
      Yeah I've thought about that too I'm sure a single ZPM can send Atlantis out of phase. I'm sure Carter'll think of it at some point.
      Though it would be good as a save-the-day tactic I can't see the writers going for it as it would make Atlantis almost indestuctable...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
        Though it would be good as a save-the-day tactic I can't see the writers going for it as it would make Atlantis almost indestuctable...
        Which with the shield is how atlantis was desgned to be!

Comment

No, Earth needs Merlin's Phase Device for protection against the Ori maybe when that threat is done then maybe (because what fun is teh show then) but I can't see them giving the Phase device when the Ori are out to get Earth
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            No, Earth needs Merlin's Phase Device for protection against the Ori maybe when that threat is done then maybe (because what fun is teh show then) but I can't see them giving the Phase device when the Ori are out to get Earth
            From Unending we know that Carter could have replicated the device, since she said the reason they couldn't do it was there wasn't time to send it out of phase.

Comment

From Unending we know that Carter could have replicated the device, since she said the reason they couldn't do it was there wasn't time to send it out of phase.
              Well she needed time to do that, and then they reset (something I hate) and now we don't know if she knows how to do that given she didn't have the time to do it again
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Which with the shield is how atlantis was desgned to be!
                Yeah... but the shield will only last aslong at the ZPM has enough power to power it and while the shield is up the enemy can pin-point Atlantis and keep firing to deplete the ZPM... The Jumper cloak only makes the city invisible if you were to fire at the city you'd hit it...

The Phase shift tech would completely remove Atlantis from harm and aslong as there is power the city could remain "out of phase" indefinately and the drain would be constant on Merlin's device whereas the shield taxes more power when it is fighting off something...

Comment

Well she needed time to do that, and then they reset (something I hate) and now we don't know if she knows how to do that given she didn't have the time to do it again
                  My point was just that having only one device in the milky way would not necessarily prevent us from making another one to eventually send atlantis out of phase.

Comment

My point was just that having only one device in the milky way would not necessarily prevent us from making another one to eventually send atlantis out of phase.
                    I'd be ok with that given several seasons already because if it just happened next episode it would be boring to watch
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd be ok with that given several seasons already because if it just happened next episode it would be boring to watch
                      Boring perhaps but better than watching atlantis explode.

Comment

Boring perhaps but better than watching atlantis explode.
                        I would rather it blow as I won't see it coming and it would be nice change then the "oh my god we just barely made it"
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

I would rather it blow as I won't see it coming and it would be nice change then the "oh my god we just barely made it"
                          Yeah, maybe we find another one, and let the asurans destroy it, while ours is cloaked, so they think we are dead.

Comment

Yeah, maybe we find another one, and let the asurans destroy it, while ours is cloaked, so they think we are dead.
                            God not the reset button again please not that I hate it and am getting bored with it. At first it was great but now its just like why do that again
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

God not the reset button again please not that I hate it and am getting bored with it. At first it was great but now its just like why do that again
                              Resetting is standard operating procedure.

Comment

Working...
                              X