• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'This Mortal Coil' (410) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

A mysterious drone crashes into Atlantis, indicating that the Replicators may have found the city. But when Elizabeth Weir appears, the team realizes that the probe is just a part of a bigger mystery.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:00 AM.

OMG, i loved the beeping of replicator ships being detected by that thing when the screen went dark. That was hilarious.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
      OMG, i loved the beeping of replicator ships being detected by that thing when the screen went dark. That was hilarious.
      I agree... that was done quite well

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

HOLY MOLY!!! That was a GREAT episode. I really liked it. I wish the previews from last week didnt spoil it but whatchya gonna do about it. Also good views of a different ancient designed ship. Other than an Aurora class that is. They dont seem to be as big as an Aurora either. Maybe some sort of cruiser?

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep....

Mckay: "Oh crap."

LOLZ!

Comment

I wonder if they can tweak the Replicator Vessel Detector to make it into an Aurora Vessel Detector. So far there have been three found and there may be more Latean ships lying around. They need all the help they can get.

Comment

RIP Elizabeth weir

Comment

This was definitely a great episode. I enjoyed it from start to finish.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

MUST stay up late for it to be online.. CURSE MY CABLE PROVIDOR FOR NOT SHOWING SCIFI!!

Go Green

Comment

This Mortal Coil got a definite 6/5 from me. This episode is proof that SG: Atlantis is the best sci fi show on TV right now. Eat that BSG.

The story was great. I was wondering why the old uniforms were back and then it all made sense. The twist in the story was genius. Davos's vision came true, but like he said, no context, just a vision.

The acting was superb! This was a character driven story and all the actors nailed it. The paranoia the RepliTeam faced was so realistic and well done, as well as the worry and doubt after finding out their origins. Then when the real team found the doubles things just got better. The characters have really been taking an emotional beating this season and this episode just pushed it to the max. Those final scenes between McKay, Zelenka, and Sheppard really showed how deep this show can be. Looks like my theory of a psychological breakdown might be coming true.

Still, the best bit of the episode had to be the return of Torri Higginson. As much as I enjoyed SG-1, I have not like Carter being on Atlantis. Weir's semi return was great and the team's reaction to her was wonderfully done. Shame the real Weir is dead, but wow, this was the piece that had been missing from this season. RIP Weir. Looks like we'll never see her again, damn.

That last moment, especially the post-fade to black: uh oh. As Rodney so wonderfully put it: "Crap."
                  Rush rocks.

Comment

I totally liked the straightforward storytelling angle the writers took. They showed us the duplicates' side so there would be no doubt in our minds that they were telling the truth when they encountered the real Atlantis team. I really appreciated that.

The two Mckay's was probably the best together, they kind of reminded me of all the Carters working together from "Ripple Effect." This does seem to kind of finalize Weir's departure. Sheppard saying he thought they'd bring her back, but now he realizes she's gone, kind of seems like he was not only talking about Weir, but her portrayer Torri herself.

Overall this was a brilliant episode, Teyla holding the gun to hide her bump for most of the time we saw the real version of her made me chuckle a bit.

Comment

It is sad to know that the real Weir is most likely dead.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                        if anything it was meant to give the situation a darker feel setting up be all my sins remembered

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                          This Mortal Coil got a definite 6/5 from me. This episode is proof that SG: Atlantis is the best sci fi show on TV right now. Eat that BSG.

The story was great. I was wondering why the old uniforms were back and then it all made sense. The twist in the story was genius. Davos's vision came true, but like he said, no context, just a vision.

The acting was superb! This was a character driven story and all the actors nailed it. The paranoia the RepliTeam faced was so realistic and well done, as well as the worry and doubt after finding out their origins. Then when the real team found the doubles things just got better. The characters have really been taking an emotional beating this season and this episode just pushed it to the max. Those final scenes between McKay, Zelenka, and Sheppard really showed how deep this show can be. Looks like my theory of a psychological breakdown might be coming true.

Still, the best bit of the episode had to be the return of Torri Higginson. As much as I enjoyed SG-1, I have not like Carter being on Atlantis. Weir's semi return was great and the team's reaction to her was wonderfully done. Shame the real Weir is dead, but wow, this was the piece that had been missing from this season.

That last moment, especially the post-fade to black: uh oh. As Rodney so wonderfully put it: "Crap."
                          You know what. Im wondering if this ties into the season finale. Also, Im so happy. No crappy long delays between midseason episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            It is sad to know that the real Weir is most likely dead.
                            Totally. And given the death of her clone, it looks like we'll never see her again. That really sucks. Her presence in this episode gave it something the others have been lacking.
                            Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                              Totally. And given the death of her clone, it looks like we'll never see her again. That really sucks. Her presence in this episode gave it something the others have been lacking.
                              Her clone is not dead. The jumper crashed and the nanites are inside her fixing her just like they did with cloned sheppard.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X