Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a gooooood episode. I loved the ending lol. *beep* *beep* *beep* "Holy crap..."

I think it started out a little slow but it definitely picked up. The repli-copies of the team seemed to remind me of Gholas. And I loved when the real team and the copies finally met. And of course, it was nice seeing Elizabeth again. This episode actually felt a lot like older SGA to me. I thought it felt a little short, but then again this is just the first of a three-parter.

Wow, we're already halfway through, can you believe that?
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

So TPTB are still reaching into the ancient vault to bring us old SG1 stories. Tonight it was a remake of "Tin Man" (not to be confused with the Skiffy miniseries of the same name).

Poor Weir, after this viewing I realize how much I miss her. And where was her oh-so-new-improved replacement? Gee, I didn't even miss Carter.

This wasn't the greatest, but wasn't the worst. There was way too much Keller, who I can't stand, and not enough Elizabeth, but I did like the John/Elizabeth and Teyla/Ronon walks in the woods. Ah, the "ships" that should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
        Her clone is not dead. The jumper crashed and the nanites are inside her fixing her just like they did with cloned sheppard.
        yes. but the replicators might have killed then completely .. john was shot

Comment

Best episode so far! Hands down. I really really like this one

How many noticed right off the bat that they where in their old uniforms? I didn't (mostly cuz I liked them... a heck of a lot better) until it was pointed out in the uniform.

It was so good to see Elizabeth again, I have missed her. Bummer she's a replicator now... (or at least half) But nonetheless, it was great to see her back, she belongs with the team like nothing else.

Okay... Rodney x2 was simply HILARIOUS!! I was laughing my butt off the whole time, what a great scene.

I think I like Keller better as a replicator than trying to be Carson... for once it seemed like she found her role. Didn't think that would be as a replicator though. Ah well.

At first I was wondering why Sam wasn't in this episode, then when I learned it wasn't the real Atlantis it made sense. But still... one would expect to see her in the end. It almost seems like Sheppard and Carter are co-leaders of Atlantis the way the episodes have been trading off between the two.

And.... the very end with the tracking system was great, I liked how they ended it.

Nothing really to pick apart about this episode, I just really enjoyed it. 10 out of 10 in my book

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I really loved the two Mckay's, that was just perfect...but I couldn't really enjoy them because I was still in shock over the straight forward statement that the real Weir was gone!! I can't accept it! That was just wrong.....

I didn't like how this was Weir's episode of the season...I mean if it was her it was only to say she was really dead and for her "clone" to die as well! I was not very happy or impressed by that storyline aspect. If they had kept her I think it would have made more interesting stories later in the season(s).

Comment

How did the replicated Weir knew that the replicators are now attacking humans? I don't believe the Atlantis team knew that bit of info when Weir was captured (they only found out when "Todd" told them).

Otherwise, it was good to see Weir back although it strongly reminded of both Tin Man and Double Jeopardy from SG-1.
              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                So TPTB are still reaching into the ancient vault to bring us old SG1 stories. Tonight it was a remake of "Tin Man" (not to be confused with the Skiffy miniseries of the same name).
                Guess what people. It wasn't an original concept with they wrote the story the first time.
                How did the replicated Weir knew that the replicators are now attacking humans? I don't believe the Atlantis team knew that bit of info when Weir was captured (they only found out when "Todd" told them).
                The replicator that created them told Weir that.

Comment

Rut row shaggy………..are we to assume the truth was told and Weir is indeed dead? No S5 return as anything but a sympathetic replicator? I fear Weir fans happy, not.

But take heart Weir fans (I guess) now that shes fully replicator they can turn her into an infinite clone\Kenny like they did with Baal so we may see A LOT more Weir stories.

Take this to Atlantis? Sounds to me like they are being played. Create replicators with all the knowledge of the humans and then let them find there way back to Atlantis and follow them. Seems “too easy” and friendly replicators seem too simple. Though ascending would give them the ability to kick the crp out of the ancients in person. (end of ep—ok maybe everything is as it appears….maybe)

Leather jackets under tac vest are idiotic. Still trouble for me having any respect for Sheppard or finding him funny since they made him such a criminal sleaze ball. Will be hard for me to let that go, I actually hope hes the next one they kill off…sadly I know that wont happen. Sadly I know they have no desire to redeem him either as far as they are concerned he still a hero and a good guy. Very sad statement of humanity but I guess it means they cant get political and slam the real military for anything.

Other then that the bad uniforms and my lack of skill of “letting it go”, I really liked this episode. Kind of predictable but the replicator SGA is cool like Synthetic SG1. It fit that Ronan was the Jack who had trouble accepting his life was gone. Too bad they didn’t get the second episode so we can see them fight.

Oh.... and so the vision guy can see visions of things that happen in copy cat cities far far away. Odd that they closed that storyline out and Carter wasnt even part of it....why didn't he give the vision to Teyla or someone who would actually witness the event. I thought that was odd, but it didnt ruin the ep in anyway.
                  Last edited by AGateFan; 07 December 2007, 07:18 PM.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post

Poor Weir, after this viewing I realize how much I miss her. And where was her oh-so-new-improved replacement? Gee, I didn't even miss Carter.

This wasn't the greatest, but wasn't the worst. There was way too much Keller, who I can't stand, and not enough Elizabeth, but I did like the John/Elizabeth and Teyla/Ronon walks in the woods. Ah, the "ships" that should have been.
                    Yeah, the woods scene. I was wondering if they were going to do a romance scene. It would have been the perfect way for Weir to say goodbye to our Sheppard, a kiss then BOOM, blown up and shot along with the other clone team members.
                    Rush rocks.

Comment

*crying*

No no no no no no no no no no! Elizabeth can't be dead. I cannot take this. Somebody tell me she's coming back. Tell me the REAL Elizabeth will be back. This cannot be happening. The real Elizabeth has to be alive. She needs to be with John. John needs her. I won't believe that she's dead. We didn't actually see her die, right? So....that can mean that the RepliKeller was wrong.

BTW.....this was sooooooo Tin Man (S1/SG-1) and Double Jeopdary (S4/SG-1).

Great episode, though. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Very compelling. Love the ending with Replicator ships popping up on the monitor. Talk about foreshadowing.

Though, I think I would like a little more reaction from John about the REAL Elizabeth. I did like Radek and Rodney, though. I liked how Rodney brought up Carson. That was a nice touch.
                      Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 07 December 2007, 07:30 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                        BTW.....this was sooooooo Tin Man (S1/SG-1).
                        Stop it with this idiocy. It was a cliche before the episode even aired.

Comment

horrible episode
                          No cliffhangers?

Comment

One thing I don't get, why didn't the duplicates abandon the ship, go to another planet then contact Atlantis from there? Having the replicators track the ship they stole didn't seem like a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                              BTW.....this was sooooooo Tin Man (S1/SG-1).
                              except that they are "killed" in the end of this episode....yeah, I noticed that too....

Comment

An amazing episode and the reason why this show is so great. The character emotions were so real not forced. It felt a team of friends for years coming to terms with a lost friend.

Also...

Spoiler:
                                This is not Weir's last episode this season!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X