Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever think the Wraith are going to get some shields?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think the guys in the writers room are waiting for the right time which should be soon or whenever.

I think that Joe M's magic 8ball keeps telling him NO.

Think about it for a moment.

SGA writers taurment.
    Scene 1:

Brad Wright, Martin Gero, Paul Mullie and Joe Mallozzi are sitting lounging around the writers room all out of Stargate: Atlantis story idea's.

Joe Mallozzi is standing at the white board thinking
    "What if we...No, that won't work."

Martin Gero, slouching on the couch
    "I think we should give the wraith an Ancient Warship."

Paul Mullie, sitting in a chair with a hand on his brow.
    "Oh, No!...Not this Argument again.

Martin, dumbstruck
    "What, I mean we could put an interesting spin on it.

Brad Wright just gets up like a bored as hell "House.MD style." and walks away.
    Paul Mullie leaves and follows him.

Joe Mallozzi
    What about if we...No, that won't work either.

Brad Wright and Paul walk in with four double-doubles between them and discharge them to both Martin and Joe.

Brad Wright
    Give me that magic 8ball Joe.

Joe Gets the 8ball on the chair next to him.

Joe Mallozzi.
    [centre] What are you thinking[/centre]

Brad remains silent like Dr. Greg House. M.D. and shakes the orb in his hands and slows to see his answer.

"Yes" is the response given.
    Brad Wright gets up and leaves to go home saying only:
    Have a good time.

Just then Joe Flanigan bursts in the door puffed from running to the writers room.

Joe Flanigan
    I've got it!!! We give the Wraith shields.

Paul Mullie
    Oh...Not this again. Not another bad idea. I suppose you wanna get laid in this one too?

Joe Flanigan
    NO, listen... How about we go to an ancient lab somwhere and we get attacked by the Wraith, and we accidently leave our computers on and they decifer our language and relise we are working on shield capabilities for Pagasus villages.

Paul Mullie
    And how would you have them translate the language, Do you want Dr. Jackson to leave his translation books with a nice little not for them?????

Martin Gero
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

That kind of thing would be funny, I love banter between friends.
    It's like Australian teenagers constantly using mumma jokes.(I'm an aussie teen, so don't start telling me I'm a rascist.)

Then wait for it.

Joe Mallozzi.
    Lets Ask The 8ball.

Ooohhhhhhh.

Staytuned for scene 2.!!!
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Yeh I do, the same episode as we get big ass energy weps I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
      Yeh I do, the same episode as we get big ass energy weps I expect.
      Jm said they'd give them the ability to recharge or something like that.

So in answer, I'd like to see them actuallly build a new hybrid type of ship, but I doubt we'll see Wraith get shields anytime soon. Would be cool, but don't think it very likely!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
        Jm said they'd give them the ability to recharge or something like that.

So in answer, I'd like to see them actuallly build a new hybrid type of ship, but I doubt we'll see Wraith get shields anytime soon. Would be cool, but don't think it very likely!
        What would get the ability to recharge?
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          What would get the ability to recharge?
          From his July blog:

The fact that wraith ships don’t possess shields certainly complicates matters, but I’ve always loved Paul’s idea of giving them limited regenerative capabilities.
          Mallozzi Link

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
            From his July blog:

Mallozzi Link
            Oh yeah, you wrote recharge so i got confused lol. But yeah I don't seem them giving Wraith hive ships shields any time soon, they'd be too powerful unless we had the Asgard weapons.Even then it has yet to be proven if the Asgard beams will be as effective against other ships, although I personally think they will be.

Maybe a newer class of ship built expressly for fighting us or the replicators could be introduced. Or a Wraith ship with shields to gain an advantage over the other Wraith warring factions, so there could be like a single Wraith faction gaining power and uniting all Wraith using superior technology. This could even tie into the current arch say after the Asurans are dealt with, Todd (the Wraith from common ground) could regain his status among Wraith and using technology he observed while working with us starts to take over.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Sorry, but figured they meant the same thing, i.e., ship gets damaged then automatically fixes itself.

I think it would be cool to be shown in S5. Wraith, they defeated the Lanteans. Let their arrogance overflow in underestimating enemies now just like the Lanteans, however are finally getting their asses kicked by the Asurans. So for the first time in their history they need to adapt. Meaning their ships are crap. So we see them getting hold of an abandoned Lantean warship or damaged Asuran ship. See them stripping reverse-engineering it.

Team finds out they have their hands on one. Immediately send a 304 to take care of the situation. It gets there at the end of the ep, to see the first new Wraith ship in 10,000 years rise. A smaller, more refined ship that consists of biological & technological components. Meaning same structure as the Hives, but allows them to implement technology into it such as shields etc. Maybe if they wanted to add another element of danger, a Lantean cloak as well etc.

Would be cool to see, but I wouldn't get my hopes up of it happening!

Comment

Now that we have energy weapons I hope they get shields or the show is going to be over soon
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Don't the wraith already know our language?

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                    Don't the wraith already know our language?
                    The english language spoken yes, however I doubt they can write in our language as it was only really refined in the last hundred to two hundred years, in another galaxy all together.

Most of the stuff they have of ours is: Weapons, attire and a couple of pretty pictures.

And if they can figure out our language we will just change everything to chinese.
                    sigpic
                    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

The Wraith seem to have some kind of shield technology, they were using it to keep that replicator captive. It seems strange that they would not try to modify it somehow for use on their ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                        The english language spoken yes, however I doubt they can write in our language as it was only really refined in the last hundred to two hundred years, in another galaxy all together.

Most of the stuff they have of ours is: Weapons, attire and a couple of pretty pictures.

And if they can figure out our language we will just change everything to chinese.
                        Chinese would throw them way off!!!

Comment

Yeah, very true.

It was a base too, wasn't it??

Sort of research lab area or something?
                          sigpic

Comment

also it make that canopy for the darts. but again the wraith dont have enough energy to power a shield that could withstand weapons fire, encompas the entire hive, and last for long enough durations of time. Shields on cruisers seems much more likely, but they need to get some propper lighting in that thing first.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i think a hive would look stupid with shields

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Working...
                              X