This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technologies that could be in Stargate

There are a lot of technology which are exist in the real world(mass prodced or prototype) but for some reason the writers don't put it in the series.

For example: The Helmet integreted display(F-35,Eurofighter,Gripen etc.) could be used on F-302s.
    Helmet mounted display for the soldiers(Land Warrior).

What do you think?

In "The Serpent's Venom" Jacob had a nice HUD he used to keep the bomb centered.

Comment

presumably cuz the wrighters don't subscride to aerospace magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        presumably cuz the wrighters don't subscride to aerospace magazines.
        There you go!

Comment

Not to mention those would probably be expensive props.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

and because they were never showed doesnt mean they arent used. but f302 are equipped with all sorts of sensors and comps so would do much ofthe work themselves

Comment

We should try to incorporate a wraith dart-like HUD in our 302's or our next generation fighters.

Comment

arent such things already used? they do have helmets and info could be displayed on it.

anyway about real technologys: im a bit dissapointed earth hasnt reverse-engineered any wraith tech or zats. zats are great. it would be awesome if earth had guns with a small zat head under the main barrel, like a kull disrupter, in order to stun

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  arent such things already used? they do have helmets and info could be displayed on it.

Where do you see this kind of helmets in the series?

They use normal HUDs on the F-302s.

Like this:

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

anyway about real technologys: im a bit dissapointed earth hasnt reverse-engineered any wraith tech or zats. zats are great. it would be awesome if earth had guns with a small zat head under the main barrel, like a kull disrupter, in order to stun
                    yes, zats are trully great weapons, one of my favorites.

Comment

Probably because they're not needed. The helments would add absolutely zip to the capabilities of 302 pilots. Why should they be distracted by something happening behind their ship when they have the enemies up front to worry about. Works well for RL dogfights as we're talking about 2-3 enemies spread out over several hundred cubic miles as opposed to SG pilots who have to deal with several hundred enemies all swarming at them from one basic direction granted over several thousand cubic miles, but still. Concentrating on the enemy behind is pointless when you may have 40-50 or more right in front of you that you can shoot down with minimal maneuvering. An enemy down is still an enemy down.
                      A good example is the S9 battle over Antarctica flashbacks. Why should Cam worry about the glider on his six when there's an Alkesh makin a bombing run on Prometheus and the scoutship right in front of you?

As for other tech, I imagine it's about the same. About the only thing I could see them needing is a permanent Asgard transporter a la Trek inside the SGC so they don't have to rely on a ship being in orbit.
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

wont be created. why?
                        the sgc has a jammer wich jams all transporter beams, otherwise the trust would get in and take over.

howevern a beaming sattelite WOULD be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                          Probably because they're not needed. The helments would add absolutely zip to the capabilities of 302 pilots. Why should they be distracted by something happening behind their ship when they have the enemies up front to worry about. Works well for RL dogfights as we're talking about 2-3 enemies spread out over several hundred cubic miles as opposed to SG pilots who have to deal with several hundred enemies all swarming at them from one basic direction granted over several thousand cubic miles, but still. Concentrating on the enemy behind is pointless when you may have 40-50 or more right in front of you that you can shoot down with minimal maneuvering. An enemy down is still an enemy down.
                          A good example is the S9 battle over Antarctica flashbacks. Why should Cam worry about the glider on his six when there's an Alkesh makin a bombing run on Prometheus and the scoutship right in front of you?

As for other tech, I imagine it's about the same. About the only thing I could see them needing is a permanent Asgard transporter a la Trek inside the SGC so they don't have to rely on a ship being in orbit.
                          Hmmm, excuse me but I think you don't understand the purpose of the Helmet Integrated Display.

I never said that they need the helmet because they can't see what is behind. This system have a lot of positives. For example: They can see what is below the ship(it could be very important particularly when they in the atmosphere), they can lock on the enemy more easily, they can see the information from all direction and not only on the HUD etc.

Or they could use the hologram technology on the F-302s.

Comment

They could develop the future force warrior thing into a Spartan II like program.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

explain?

Comment

Working...
                              X