• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA Novel - "Blood Ties" available December 1st

http://www.stargatenovels.com/sga-8_bloodties.shtml

STARGATE ATLANTIS:
    Blood Ties
    By Sonny Whitelaw & Elizabeth Christensen

Price: £6.99 (UK) | $7.95 (USA) | $9.95 (Canada)
    ISBN: 978-1-905586-08-0
    Published December 2007

Creatures of the night…

When a series of gruesome murders are uncovered around the world, the trail leads back to the SGC—and far beyond…

Recalled to Stargate Command, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, Colonel John Sheppard, and Dr. Rodney McKay are shown shocking video footage—a Wraith attack, taking place on Earth. While McKay, Teyla, and Ronon investigate the disturbing possibility that humans may harbor Wraith DNA, Colonel Sheppard is teamed with SG-1’s Dr. Daniel Jackson. Together, they follow the murder?*ers’ trail from Colorado Springs to the war-torn streets of Iraq, and there, uncover a terrifying truth…

As an ancient cult prepares to unleash its deadly plot against humankind, Sheppard’s survival depends on his questioning of everything believed about the Wraith…

Stargate Atlantis: Blood Ties is available from our website as well as from an ever-expanding range of booksellers in the UK, USA and rest of the world

*orders the novel*
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The next Stargate Atlantis novel has been released from Fandemonium! Authors Elizabeth Christensen and Sonny Whitelaw once again join forces to bring Stargate characters to life on paper in "Blood Ties", the latest Stargate offering from the publisher.

Here's what they have to say about the story:

When a series of gruesome murders are uncovered around the world, the trail leads back to the SGC—and far beyond ...
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...vailable.shtml

Comment

Wow, sounds like a good read! It's on my Christmas list!

Spoiler:
        I hope the upcoming Atlantis episode "Midway" (which apparently deals with at least one Wraith making it to earth) doesn't step on the proverbial toes of this novel.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I doubt it, the authors of these novels talk to the MGM script writers so they know exactly what they can do without it being completly screwed up with the universe cannon.

Comment

Are these considered canon?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              Are these considered canon?
              to my knowledge all books are not canon; the show will never reference anything that happened in a book.

Comment

I'm looking so forward to this book! I've already ordered it months ago and was waiting impatient for the end of November, but now they told me there's a delay and I have to wait until February. *sniff*

Comment

Amazon says it won't ship until after Christmas.
                  Barnes and Noble has the 18th as shipping date.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    to my knowledge all books are not canon; the show will never reference anything that happened in a book.
                    He's right. They're just EU but the guys take extreme care in making sure they don't contradict canon.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                      I doubt it, the authors of these novels talk to the MGM script writers so they know exactly what they can do without it being completly screwed up with the universe cannon.
                      Hi, folks --

Cool, the book's got its own thread now. As far as talking to the showrunners: unfortunately, we don't get advance info when we're working on the novels. MGM reviews the manuscripts and gives input on what we're doing, so they can catch any inconsistencies with episodes that have been written up to that point, but when Sonny and I were working on Blood Ties, we had only Seasons 1-3 to draw from -- we finished the first draft last May.

That said, having seen last week's new SGA ep, I think I can say with a strong degree of confidence that our plot does not markedly impact the current show arc or vice versa. Our Wraith threat is a little ...different.

As far as whether or not the novels are considered canon: prion and EAG got it right. The show's production staff does not read the novels (they've got enough on their plate as it is), so they won't ever reference an event from the novels on screen. We do our level best to align our work with theirs so that readers can consider the novels as supplementary canon if they so choose; but I wouldn't be offended by anyone who believes the novels don't count.

Hope everyone enjoys the book! If Amazon's being slow about getting it out there (wonder if they're prioritizing Christmas orders over preorders?), you can always order directly from http://www.stargatenovels.com. There's more novel-related discussion over on the Ask the Authors thread, too ...
                      Beth
                      http://www.elizabethchristensen.com
                      http://www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by prion

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        He's right. They're just EU but the guys take extreme care in making sure they don't contradict canon.
                        *cough*. I'm a she Sorta thought my drooling over Sheppard was a tiny indication

Originally posted by Elizabeth Christensen View Post
                        Hi, folks --

Cool, the book's got its own thread now. As far as talking to the showrunners: unfortunately, we don't get advance info when we're working on the novels. MGM reviews the manuscripts and gives input on what we're doing, so they can catch any inconsistencies with episodes that have been written up to that point, but when Sonny and I were working on Blood Ties, we had only Seasons 1-3 to draw from -- we finished the first draft last May.

That said, having seen last week's new SGA ep, I think I can say with a strong degree of confidence that our plot does not markedly impact the current show arc or vice versa. Our Wraith threat is a little ...different.

As far as whether or not the novels are considered canon: prion and EAG got it right. The show's production staff does not read the novels (they've got enough on their plate as it is), so they won't ever reference an event from the novels on screen. We do our level best to align our work with theirs so that readers can consider the novels as supplementary canon if they so choose; but I wouldn't be offended by anyone who believes the novels don't count.

Hope everyone enjoys the book! If Amazon's being slow about getting it out there (wonder if they're prioritizing Christmas orders over preorders?), you can always order directly from http://www.stargatenovels.com. There's more novel-related discussion over on the Ask the Authors thread, too ...
                        Well, I ordered from Stargatenovels.com direct. got an email today saying the order shipped and I should have it in 1-2 days, which proably means 2-4 days depending upon my local post office actually sorting it properly... I really can recommend ordering straight from stargatenovels.com as they're easy to order from, very decent postage prices, and they're pretty quick.

Comment

well I got the book on the weekend from a store here in Canada and i can say tat it is really good and i love the way you used the wraith w/o breaking cannon
                          This isn't Atlantis?
                          I don't think so.
                          If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                            well I got the book on the weekend from a store here in Canada and i can say tat it is really good and i love the way you used the wraith w/o breaking cannon
                            Ah, you should drop this note in the ASK THE AUTHORS thread

Comment

Got it on order....

Comment

Working...
                              X