What happened to the Asgard tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Asgard tech?

I'm probably missing a key piece of information, but where did the Asgard database from the last episode of SG1 end up? It seems like it just vanished with no one saying anything about it, or benefiting from it.

Does anyone know? It's really bothering me.

Originally posted by bgarrett View Post
    I'm probably missing a key piece of information, but where did the Asgard database from the last episode of SG1 end up? It seems like it just vanished with no one saying anything about it, or benefiting from it.

I believe...
    Spoiler:
    That Joe M. said that there would be Asgard updates for the Daedalus and the Apollo, in Be All My Sins Remembr'd.

Comment

Currently we don't know.

The Asgard database and it's advanced tech were installed by Asgard engineers so chances are that all that tech is still where they installed it, on the Odyssey. Season 4 has yet to explore what new Asgard based technology has been developed and implimented so we'll need to wait until the second half of SGA. I would have also considered the SG1 movies but the Odyssey would be used so it would count as it's already been pimped out.

sigpic

Comment

we never hear about any progress coming from the ancient database either, so it's not that surprising.

it's been 4 years now, does anyone recall any mention of technological or scientific advancement coming from Atlantis?

all we ever hear about is scientists researching alien plants, oceans and gas giants, which they could just as well do in MW.

Comment

I suppose, but in my opinion, the possession of the Asgard tech is of a different nature than that of the Ancient's; the Asgard intended, it seems, for mankind to utilize the information (as witnessed by the implementation of a tutorial hologram for use in assisting humans to implement whatever), while the Ancients had no such interface.

I don't know...I think it would be far too easy, in the context of plot development/character struggle to have the technology implemented swiftly, as it probably would have in a more realistic scenario. I mean, having what they do, it should be pretty damn easy to synthesize a few hundred ZPM-like devices, or the parts needed to put one together.

I hope we start seeing it in action pretty damn soon, but I doubt it will until a lot later in the series, if at all.

Comment

spoilers for the sencond half of season 4

Spoiler:
            there is a reason we are not seeing earth ships much ..there getting the asgaurd upgrade.

and we will see in "be all my sins remebered"

Comment

I don't know...I think it would be far too easy, in the context of plot development/character struggle to have the technology implemented swiftly, as it probably would have in a more realistic scenario. I mean, having what they do, it should be pretty damn easy to synthesize a few hundred ZPM-like devices, or the parts needed to put one together.
              they don't have to go so big, ZPMs and weapons are like the holy grail of ancient tech.
              but it would be nice to see us develop some cool gadgets and stuff with the knowledge we've gained. the kind of stuff that wouldn't make us too powerful, but show the progress we've made. instead of just laptops and plasma screens every time.
              take those big supercomputers they throw all over the set for example, they haven't changed since SG1 began 10 years ago, why don't they replace them with some crystals or something.

Comment

I think they're going to take their time with the Asgard legacy...

Spoiler:
                In the Ark of Truth they try and use part of the database and almost cause a galaxy-wide catastrophe!

Comment

P2J and Phantom...that's good to hear.

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                  they don't have to go so big, ZPMs and weapons are like the holy grail of ancient tech.
                  but it would be nice to see us develop some cool gadgets and stuff with the knowledge we've gained. the kind of stuff that wouldn't make us too powerful, but show the progress we've made. instead of just laptops and plasma screens every time.
                  take those big supercomputers they throw all over the set for example, they haven't changed since SG1 began 10 years ago, why don't they replace them with some crystals or something.
                  Yeah, I agree. Probably the only reason the on-set tech hasn't been updated to properly depict the advances is due to either laziness or financial stinginess. I tend to believe it's the former. ^_^

Comment

My guess is that we develop some truly horrible weapons (that the asgard/ancients aren't even capable of imagining) and slag a good portion of the pegasus galaxy slagging the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      My guess is that we develop some truly horrible weapons (that the asgard/ancients aren't even capable of imagining) and slag a good portion of the pegasus galaxy slagging the wraith.
                      Ya... Don't think thats going to happen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Given that Carter was able to disable the core from the ship, its probably been unloaded and sitting in area 51 whilst the IOA argee over who gets access with the USA 'putting their footdown'.

After all its not likely that they are going to just tell the world the truth, and implement the technology across the board to cure the world ills.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
                          Given that Carter was able to disable the core from the ship, its probably been unloaded and sitting in area 51 whilst the IOA argee over who gets access with the USA 'putting their footdown'.

After all its not likely that they are going to just tell the world the truth, and implement the technology across the board to cure the world ills.
                          Over time that is exactly what will happen, it will just take a long time.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just hope they make backup copies.
                            Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                            http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                              I just hope they make backup copies.
                              Haha, well it would be impossible to make a copy of all the information. However, I would assume that they could over time split up the data and put it on hundreds of terabytes. As a matter of fact I would suspect that would be their first order of business.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X