Ancient beaming tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient beaming tech?

Did the ancients have any sort of beaming tech, the asgard did and the ancients were more advanced. Even that race from 'Wormhole X-treme' had beaming tech. I don't think it has been mentioned in the show but I would still like to hear some ideas.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

well they did use some beaming technology in avalon, im sure they had beaming tech.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Yes, they have, but it still requires two platforms on each end, as far as I've seen, and their range is very short.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

im thinking that they could if they really wanted to but by using rings and other platform to platform transpoters its safer because the data has the least ammount of chance to deteriorate.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Yes, they have, but it still requires two platforms on each end, as far as I've seen, and their range is very short.
          i don't know about short range rings could go from Natu to sokars home world

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I'm thinking the Ancients had beaming technology. It could explain why the Wraith were able to block the Asgard beaming tech so quickly, the Ancients could of used similar tactics as we did of beam a nuke or something equivalent to a nuke.
            sigpic
            "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
            Signature made by RJB

Comment

I'm certain the ancients have it, but they seem to make limited use of it. I guess that would make it to similar to star trek if it was something they used everyday..

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
                I'm thinking the Ancients had beaming technology. It could explain why the Wraith were able to block the Asgard beaming tech so quickly, the Ancients could of used similar tactics as we did of beam a nuke or something equivalent to a nuke.
                That would make sense.
                Which might be how the Asgard got their beaming technology too.

Comment

the ancients could make any technology that different races have made

they could make tollan phase devices many other tech

but its nice to see that the ancients didnt create everything and that each race is different.

but the rings would of been one of their options, merlins avalon looked like it had beaming tech
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, if they thought of it, and wanted it, they could have easily built it.

However, there is no way any race could ever built all that.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      the ancients could make any technology that different races have made
                      That's not a justified statement.

In fact, it's highly unlikely. As many people have said before, the Asgard, for example, had thousands of years after the Ancient's ascension to improve or invent new technology.

Evidence A: The Asgard beam ripping apart an Ori ship that was most likely equal or superior to an Ancient warship.

Comment

i agree, i think the asgard beaming tech is more advanced then the ancients, the wraith just over came it because they are smart, i mean they were able to stop the asurans. Also the asgard had more time to work on there tech, imagine human tech 10,000 years from now, big difference right?
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                          i don't know about short range rings could go from Natu to sokars home world
                          When there is an emitter and a receptor on both sides, the ranges are greater.
                          The one you mention is the greater I have found as well.

However, when there's just a device, like the obelisks in front of Merlin's cave, or other obelisks placed here and there, they don't move people far away.

For example, Merlin's cave may have been moved from a world to another, and though I'd have to watch if there was an obelisk left behind when it moved or not (to see if there's one obelisk on each planet or not), the real transportation distance was not huge, since it consisted of the distance between the cave and the stargate, and same on the other side.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The ancient's have lots of beaming tech. Rings, transporters on atlantis, "eye of the gods" from sodan planet, obelisk from the Quest 2, etc. So we know they can beam stuff, and their sensors have been shown to be very impressive, so although asgard tech may have advanced beyond, both seem sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by bgarrett View Post
                              That's not a justified statement.

In fact, it's highly unlikely. As many people have said before, the Asgard, for example, had thousands of years after the Ancient's ascension to improve or invent new technology.

Evidence A: The Asgard beam ripping apart an Ori ship that was most likely equal or superior to an Ancient warship.
                              The ancients were millions of years of years old, we don't know how old the asgard are, the earliest record we have of them is 30,000 years ago. Though they did have ships then so they were probably around a fair bit before that.

The ancients left the ori galaxy and the ori were more focussed on religion than scientific endevour, therefore the ancients were probably more advanced.
                              Best quotes ever:
                              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                              Thor:I like the yellow ones
                              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X