PDA

View Full Version : stargate atlantis novels

Pages : [1] 2

munchies
December 1st, 2007, 04:07 AM
please could someone tell me where i can get "Stargate Atlantis" novels that are actually in stock ?? I have tried amazon and waterstones and they say in stock until you actually buy them then they say 2 - 4 weeks at least wait...
I only need "Rising", "Exogenesis" and to pre order the new one "Blood Ties" ..I have the other ones...
Thank-you so much in advance,

Scary Kitty
December 1st, 2007, 05:43 PM
You can order the books direct from the publisher...

http://www.stargatenovels.com/index.shtml

prion
June 17th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Dear Stargate fan,
You may have noticed that we’ve had some problems with our production schedule recently, and we’d like to apologise for any frustration that has caused to our readers. We’re happy to say, however, that those problems are behind us now and we’d like to share with you what we have coming up over the next few months. With a mixture of STARGATE SG-1 and STARGATE ATLANTIS books, there’s something for everyone!

June 2010 - available from our website NOW!

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Dead End by Chris Wraight
Stranded on a frozen planet only days from global catastrophe, Colonel Sheppard and his team discover a people – and a mystery – long forgotten by the Ancients. But with the Stargate inoperable and their Puddle Jumper damaged, there is no way to escape the dying world of Khost. And then disaster strikes. With half the team going missing, Sheppard and McKay must battle the elements and the limits of endurance to bring their friends home.
Series No.: SGA-12
RRP:$7.95 (US) | £6.99 (UK)
ISBN: 978-1-905586-22-6
Click for more info

AVAILABLE FROM OUR WEBSITE NOW!

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Hunt and Run by Aaron Rosenberg
Ronon Dex is a mystery. His past is a closed book and he likes it that way. But when the Atlantis team trigger a trap that leaves them stranded on a hostile world, only Ronon’s past can save them – if it doesn’t kill them first. As the gripping tale unfolds, we return to Ronon’s earliest days as a Runner and meet the charismatic leader who transformed him from prey into a hunter of Wraith….

Series No.: SGA-13
RRP:$7.95 (US) | £6.99 (UK)
ISBN: 978-1-905586-44-8
Click for more info
AVAILABLE FROM OUR WEBSITE NOW!

Coming in August 2010

STARGATE SG-1: The Power Behind the Throne by Steve Savile
SG-1 are asked by the Tok’ra to rescue a creature known as Mujina. The last of its species, Mujina is devoid of face or form and draws its substance from the needs of those around it. The creature is an archetype – a hero for all, a villain for all, depending upon whose influence it falls under. And the Goa’uld Apophis, understanding the potential for havoc Mujina offers, has set his heart on possessing the creature…

STARGATE SG-1: Four Dragons by Diana Dru Botsford
Shortly after Daniel Jackson returns from his time among the ascended Ancients, he volunteers to join an archaeological survey of Chinese ruins on P3Y-702. But after accidentally activating a Goa’uld transport ring, Daniel finds himself a prisoner of the goa’uld Lord Yu. Blaming himself for Daniel’s capture, Jack O’Neill vows to get him back – even if it means taking matters into his own hands.

September 2010

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Brimstone by David Niall Wilson & Patricia Lee Macomber
When a moon inexplicably leaves its planetary orbit for a collision course with its own sun, Rodney McKay’s interest is peaked. What he discovers is enough to make him dance, for an entire Ancient city – the size of Atlantis – is there for the taking. But the city is not as abandoned as he had first believed and the team soon encounter a sect of unascended Ancients living far beneath the its surface…

STARGATE ATLANTIS: Death Game by Jo Graham
Waking up on an alien world, in the wreckage of a Puddle Jumper, is never good. Waking up with no idea where you are or how you got there is much worse. Suffering from a serious head wound, John Sheppard slowly puts the pieces together and discovers that his team is scattered across a tropical archipelago, unable to communicate with each other and cut off from the Stargate. Badly injured, he and Teyla are taken prisoner by the local population and sent as tribute to the planet’s mysterious overlord. Meanwhile, Ronon, McKay, and Zelenka form an unlikely rescue team as they search the planet for their friends...

Look out for more news soon, including details of books hitting the shops before Christmas and the launch of our groundbreaking new Stargate Atlantis ‘Legacy’ series that picks up where season five left off. And if you want a sneak preview, check out the in depth interview with two of the Stargate Atlantis 'Legacy' authors in the next edition of the Official Stargate Magazine!

Happy 'gating!
Sally
Fandemonium Books
www.stargatenovels.com
info[at]stargatenovels.com

gottaluvit
June 17th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately you won't find Exogenesis in stock anywhere new. It's been out of print for awhile now and second hand copies go for unrealistic amounts unless you're very, very lucky.

New copies of Rising and Blood Ties are available readily on ebay or at the site posted above.

mercy moon
June 18th, 2010, 01:02 AM
woohoo! i'm really looking forward to the new novels finally being in the shops ... i got so desperate for my dose of SGA i did pay a small fortune to complete my published atlantis book collection, but both 'halcyon' and 'exogenesis' are great reads, so were well worth the price!! amazon uk lists all three ('the chosen' being the third) out of print titles but their current prices are really astronomical as gootaluvit says ... happy hunting in the second hand book stores. :)

addicted_to_steve
June 18th, 2010, 11:02 PM
The Book Depository is a good place to buy SGA books, but they do not have some of the hard to get ones (like Halycon). I really want to read Halycon, but the $118 AU pricetag doesn't quite agree with my limited uni student income. I love Blood Ties though, pretty much because half the book is set in Tasmania, mentions the Sea Sheppard (yeesss!) and has "wraith" dwelling in the Hastings caves, one and a half hours from where I live.

ed263
June 23rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
If you have a Kindle, Amazon has Halycon in Kindle edition (http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Halcyon-ebook/dp/B003TJ9DMA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1277329251&sr=1-9) for $6.36. Just downloaded it today. :)

Now, if they could just get the rest of the books into Kindle edition!

mercy moon
June 23rd, 2010, 02:49 PM
If you have a Kindle, Amazon has Halycon in Kindle edition (http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Halcyon-ebook/dp/B003TJ9DMA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1277329251&sr=1-9) for $6.36. Just downloaded it today. :)

wow, that's cool! hopefully this will force people selling 'halcyon' at 'rip off ' amounts to be drop their prices. fingers crossed the other novels get released in the same format. (though i must admit i still like my 'proper' copies!) :)

prion
June 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Just got my copies of DEAD END and HUNT AND RUN from Amazon. THey're in queue for reading :)

Tinah
June 23rd, 2010, 11:35 PM
( Will be posting this in two threads, as it seems different people use different threads to talk about SGA novels now, sorry for the inconvenience. )

Has anybody actually gotten a printed copy of Dead End and/or Hunt and Run from Amazon.uk yet? ( I don't do Kindle because you don't get to keep the books forever; I want to be the one deciding when, or if, I get rid of something I actually paid for. ) Several people seem to have the books but where did you get them from?

They say Dead End is "available for pre-order" but still they say they have copies "in stock". For Hunt and Run it looks like a normal, available book, but they haven't processed my order for that book yet. This is so annoying. First Fandemonium doesn't update their page for 6 months or something, and now Amazon has conflicting info. :mckay:

ed263
June 24th, 2010, 06:46 AM
( Will be posting this in two threads, as it seems different people use different threads to talk about SGA novels now, sorry for the inconvenience. )
I did the same thing! :P

( I don't do Kindle because you don't get to keep the books forever; I want to be the one deciding when, or if, I get rid of something I actually paid for. )
I think you have be misinformed ;) ...you do keep the ebook forever.
You can keep the ebook on your kindle (it can hold over a 1,000 books) or you can remove it from the device and have it stored in your Amazon account, again forever, unless you want to delete it from you account, then if you ever want to re-read it, all you have to do is re-download it to the Kindle, no charge. Using the Kindle App you can keep it your iPod or smiliar device, I think you can even store the ebooks on your computer. :)

The only thing you can't do is share it with someone not on your Kindle account! :mckay:

Several people seem to have the books but where did you get them from?
I think Varda, who lives in England ordered her's directly from Stargate Novels website. (http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php)

mercy moon
June 24th, 2010, 08:29 AM
hmm, just had an email from amazon uk saying that the expected delivery date of 'hunt and run' is september 6/8th ... no bloody mention of the others i have on order!! :-(

gottaluvit
June 24th, 2010, 03:38 PM
hmm, just had an email from amazon uk saying that the expected delivery date of 'hunt and run' is september 6/8th ... no bloody mention of the others i have on order!! :-(

You'd probebly get them faster if you cancelled with amazon and ordered through Fandamonium.

mercy moon
June 25th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You'd probebly get them faster if you cancelled with amazon and ordered through Fandamonium.

yeah, is that the link ed263 has posted? think i'll do just that ... :)

gottaluvit
June 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM
yeah, is that the link ed263 has posted? think i'll do just that ... :)

Yeah thats the link. It only takes me 7 days to receive them in Australia when ordered from there.

xgirl30
June 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM

That's good to know about. I have the Kindle app for my iPod Touch and it would be nice to have a SGA book to read on there. (And that's one I don't have already.)

Unfortunately you won't find Exogenesis in stock anywhere new. It's been out of print for awhile now and second hand copies go for unrealistic amounts unless you're very, very lucky.

New copies of Rising and Blood Ties are available readily on ebay or at the site posted above.

I feel lucky now that I got Exogenesis and a couple other SGA books for a buck or two each at a used book store a couple years ago.

The Book Depository is a good place to buy SGA books, but they do not have some of the hard to get ones (like Halycon). I really want to read Halycon, but the $118 AU pricetag doesn't quite agree with my limited uni student income.

Wow. That's a lot for a paperback. I didn't know that the out of print ones were that expensive now. (I got a couple of Babylon 5 books and a couple of the first SG1 books on amazon.com when they were out of print and they didn't cost anywhere near that much.)

ed263
June 30th, 2010, 02:42 PM
That's good to know about. I have the Kindle app for my iPod Touch and it would be nice to have a SGA book to read on there. (And that's one I don't have already.)
Just finished reading Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon...LOVED IT! :)
If you haven't downloaded the novel yet, I would really recommend that you do! Well written and fun to read!

xgirl30
June 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
If you haven't downloaded the novel yet, I would really recommend that you do! Well written and fun to read!

I'm definitely going to do that.

please could someone tell me where i can get "Stargate Atlantis" novels that are actually in stock ?? I have tried amazon and waterstones and they say in stock until you actually buy them then they say 2 - 4 weeks at least wait...
I only need "Rising", "Exogenesis" and to pre order the new one "Blood Ties" ..I have the other ones...
Thank-you so much in advance,

I don't know if it's been said here already but you might want to try looking in used bookstores in your area. (Especially for the out of print titles.)
I got a number of mine from the used book section at Barnes & Noble, and I've found other hard to find books (like some of the Babylon 5 books) at other used book places.

Atlantis1
July 7th, 2010, 04:40 PM
This is what was in the email that Amazon sent me.

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

gottaluvit
July 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
This is what was in the email that Amazon sent me.

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com."

lo Brimstone hasn't even been released yet. Sounds like Amazon needs to have a little chat with Fandy.

Tinah
July 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Today I got a mail from Amazon.uk that they'd dispatched "Hunt and Run". So hopefully it will be here next week.

McgillionFan
July 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Perhaps try ebay see if there's anyone selling them.Maybe try with other bookstores that maybe around your area.

OMG i didn't even know they had new SGA novels out! Must get them. :D

mysterywriter012
July 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
"Hunt and Run" was good. But then again, I've loved all the novels I've read ;)

ed263
July 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
"Hunt and Run" was good. But then again, I've loved all the novels I've read ;)
Oh...you thought it is good....I'll have to go order mine! Thanks for the review :)

mysterywriter012
July 22nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Oh...you thought it is good....I'll have to go order mine! Thanks for the review :)

Have you also read "Dead End"? I found that one interesting

addicted_to_steve
July 22nd, 2010, 10:32 PM
Just a quick note: Hunt and Run, and Dead End are going for $8.46 AUD at the Book Depository at the moment (not sure what that is in US dollars)... free postage! Lol... sorry if I seem like a walking billboard for the BD, but I love it!

ed263
July 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Have you also read "Dead End"? I found that one interesting
Yes, I've read that one. Enjoyed it. :)
I'm waiting for Homecoming: Stargate Atlantis: SGA-16.

mysterywriter012
July 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Yes, I've read that one. Enjoyed it. :)
I'm waiting for Homecoming: Stargate Atlantis: SGA-16.

lol me too. can't come soon enough :D

gottaluvit
August 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Joe Graham has posted the prologue to Legacy here- http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/73616.html?#cutid1

It's the entire prologue to the book so of course there be spoilers :)

Definitely can't wait now!

ed263
August 4th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Joe Graham has posted the prologue to Legacy here- http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/73616.html?#cutid1
Thanks for the link!! :)

RowenaR
August 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM

I read it yesterday and it was awesome... exactly like what SGA Season Six should be like. Jo is my canon writer now ;)

Most of all because she actually bothered to bring Cadman back at a later point in the Legacy series (and even gave her a promotion!). Every writer that remembers Cadman and gives her a plot line is my hero!

Gate Geek
August 5th, 2010, 05:17 AM

I've been really hyped for this series. I read the prologue last night and thought it was Meh. I wasn't overly excited or pulled in by it. Hopefully, the rest of the book and the series will live up to the hype. (which I think it will).

mercy moon
August 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM

wow! very cool ... can't wait to read the book ... it'll be like series six playing in my head! (and hopefully there will be some todd action as he was in atlantis at the end of season 5) :D

addicted_to_steve
August 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM

OH! I am so keen to read this book now!!! Thanks for the link

mysterywriter012
August 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
*Jumps up and down* Can't wait!

gottaluvit
September 4th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Jo Graham talks about the third book in the Legacy series, "Allegiance" here- http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/78372.html?#cutid1

Libero
September 5th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Wow - thank you for posting!
Now I'm on the pre-order list :)

Libero
September 8th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Just finished "Dead end" and think it's very well written.
I liked the idea of every team member working in his or her own field of expertise and in the end it's a strong feeling of: we all can only survive together!

ChrisWraight
September 8th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Just finished "Dead end" and think it's very well written.
I liked the idea of every team member working in his or her own field of expertise and in the end it's a strong feeling of: we all can only survive together!

That's nice to read. :) Thanks for the comment, Libero, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Teyla-Joy
September 8th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Whoa! they have books Dude my Bday is coming I should write it on my Birthday list! lol :)

Libero
September 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
That's nice to read. :) Thanks for the comment, Libero, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Hey, you're the author ...
The world of science fiction and gateworld forum - I'm thrilled!

mercy moon
September 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
does anyone now what happened (or didn't as the case may be) to this, or indeed anything about it at all :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Internal-Darkness-Stargate-Atlantis/dp/1905586213/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

:)

Rosehawk
September 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM

OMG, someone told me to check out the prices on SGA books on eBay. I have a signed copy of Exogenesis that I got from the author at a convention, I just about spit my tea out on my computer screen when I saw the price. Never would have expected that to happen.

And no, it's not for sale, It has a great storyline for Zelenka so it stays with me. :)

padr49904
September 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Keep that book, I luckily recently found someone that owned it and thought it was great.

I can't wait until I get some money because I am deathly behind on the Atlantis Books, I only have 6 so far and would really like to read the Legacy series.

David N Wilson
October 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Just a note ... this is David Niall Wilson. I wrote BRIMSTONE along with the beautiful and talented love of my life Patricia Lee Macomber. The book is now in stock in the Fandemoneum bookstore and should (according to our sources) hit Amazon in the next week or so. If you are so inclined, we've posted the first chapter as an excerpt on my blog: Read Chapter One (http://www.davidniallwilson.com/the-novels/stargate-atlantis-brimstone)

mercy moon
October 15th, 2010, 07:49 AM
yaay! thank you - can't wait to read it! **dashes off the fandemonium bookstore to order novel** :D

David N Wilson
October 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
yaay! thank you - can't wait to read it! **dashes off the fandemonium bookstore to order novel** :D

I love your enthusiasm. Hope you love the book.

The Flyattractor
October 16th, 2010, 06:03 PM
So just when are the new SGA novels supposed to start coming out?
I know that homecoming is due this month but my local Book Store is clueless for release date.

WHEEN!??

David N Wilson
October 16th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I know that homecoming is due this month but my local Book Store is clueless for release date.

WHEEN!??

Well, since you can buy our novel from the Fandy page now, I'm guessing your bookstore should be able to order it soon. I was told no more than a couple of weeks (and that was about a week ago) for Amazon to have Brimstone...

Freawaru
October 17th, 2010, 08:45 AM

WHEEN!??

Hi,

I have been wondering about this, too. Amazon keeps changing the date. First it was end of September, then end of October and now it is December.

Does anybody know why?

David N Wilson
October 17th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I only know what we were told, but it seems to be the case. There was a big bottle-kneck of novels that were turned in but not released by MGM, coupled with some books that came in off schedule...everything appears to be back on track and moving smoothly now...

The Flyattractor
October 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Apperantly homecoming is avaliable for direct buy on Amazon now.

I just hate buying one book and having to pay the shipping for it.

I NEED MORE BOOKS!

addicted_to_steve
October 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Apperantly homecoming is avaliable for direct buy on Amazon now.

I just hate buying one book and having to pay the shipping for it.

I NEED MORE BOOKS!

I suggest the book depository. I ordered my copy of Homecoming from there for $6.08c Australian (extremely cheap). The book depository is a UK based online book store that ships FREE all over the world. I know I am a walking bill board for it, but it is the best online book store!

The Flyattractor
October 18th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Checked that site out. It said there was still 12 days to go for homecoming.

is that right? Supposed to be out in Oct. 12 days from now aint Oct is it?

And is this the place to ask questions about the other SGA books?

If not.
Where?

addicted_to_steve
October 20th, 2010, 03:44 AM
It does say 12 days, but I forgive them for being somewhat behind because they're cheap, lol. We can talk about the other SGA books here... just fire away :D

The Flyattractor
October 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
My only real question is this about the Pre-Legacy series.

How much of a part do the Wraith play in the books.

From the descriptions I have read,it seems they take a lesser role in them to the main story.

How true is that?

mercy moon
October 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
dunno about 'death game'/'brimstone' but there's plenty of wraithy goodness in the 'legacy' series according to author jo graham - especially todd! check out her live journal ... :)

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/

David N Wilson
October 20th, 2010, 12:44 PM
No Wraith in Brimstone, though the threat of the Wraith is present to create some of the atmosphere (or the past threat of the Wraith).

The Flyattractor
October 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
No Wraith in Brimstone, though the threat of the Wraith is present to create some of the atmosphere (or the past threat of the Wraith).

Thats sorta what I was wondering. Reading thru the descriptions for the books. For the majority of them,it seems that is all the wriath are. Just that Threat that is on the way.

ed263
October 23rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
Just wanted to post that Stargate Atlantis-Exogenesis (http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Exogenesis-ebook/dp/B0047GMIZ8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1287887738&sr=1-9) is now available in Kindle edition! Just downloaded the novel to my Kindle! Paperback editions are selling for over $100!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/ed263/AAAADAcRQTUAAAAAAMZ37w.jpg

David N Wilson
October 23rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Just a note to say that our authors copies of SGA: Brimstone arrived today...the book is in print - it exists. It should show up on Amazon US and UK within a couple of days. Hope you all enjoy it!

The Flyattractor
October 23rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Christmas is coming up. Only 7 more days till X-mas shopping commercials start up.

Libero
October 24th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Just a note to say that our authors copies of SGA: Brimstone arrived today...the book is in print - it exists. It should show up on Amazon US and UK within a couple of days. Hope you all enjoy it!

waiting eagerly ... :rolleyes:

In the meantime there's so much fanfiction to read. :)

addicted_to_steve
October 25th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Just wanted to post that Stargate Atlantis-Exogenesis (http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Exogenesis-ebook/dp/B0047GMIZ8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1287887738&sr=1-9) is now available in Kindle edition! Just downloaded the novel to my Kindle! Paperback editions are selling for over $100!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/ed263/AAAADAcRQTUAAAAAAMZ37w.jpg

Awesome. I am buying a Kindle when I get paid (with a Wraith green cover :D) I had no idea you could get SGA books on them!

David N Wilson
October 26th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Hmmm...neither did I (know you could get them on Kindle) and I wrote one...going to have to check into that and see if ours will be available this way too. Wish the darn thing would show up on Amazon.

addicted_to_steve
October 26th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Hmmm...neither did I (know you could get them on Kindle) and I wrote one...going to have to check into that and see if ours will be available this way too. Wish the darn thing would show up on Amazon.

I've just been doing some amazon stalking, and came across your book. As for Kindle, it apparently isn't available on Kindle, but you can request it.

ed263
October 27th, 2010, 04:52 AM

Oh yes! Please ask!

I've been continually clicking on "Tell the Publisher! I’d like to read this book on Kindle" on all the SGA novels that are not yet available in Kindle edition. Since then, I've seen a couple more become available. But, I want them ALL!! :)

jannagalaxy
October 29th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I've been trying to find stargate novels for kindle on amazon.co.uk, but they don't come up. I can only find them for US customers. Which is so not fair!

I've been thinking about getting an ereader/kindle but I'm not going to unless I can confirm that I can get these stargate ebooks in the UK.

RowenaR
October 29th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Did anyone get to read Jo Graham's DeathGame yet? I have a feeling I'll never get it :( I hate Amazon Germany :mckay:

mercy moon
October 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Did anyone get to read Jo Graham's DeathGame yet? I have a feeling I'll never get it :( I hate Amazon Germany :mckay:

yes, received it (and brimstone) today (gonna start reading shortly) ... i cancelled my order with amazon uk and ordered directly from fandemonium - only five days from states to uk! yaay! :D

Libero
October 29th, 2010, 09:15 AM

I second that!!! :ronananime16:

Elite Anubis Guard
October 29th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Just ordered the new ones. I hope these ones are good. The last few out of Fandemonium I've not been impressed with. They just haven't rung true to the show for me and each canon break pulls me out of the novels. Anyone read these 2? I've got high hopes for Jo.

EDIT: Scrap that, turns out Play don't have them in.

MrWhirly
October 29th, 2010, 01:15 PM
FYI, Just got a shipping notice from Amazon for Death Game.

RowenaR
October 29th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I'd totally order from Fandemonium... but the shipping costs are probably more than what the book actually costs (shipping with Amazon Germany is free in Germany) and I really don't have any money to spare...

Elite Anubis Guard
October 30th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I always used to order from Fandy as my own little way of supporting them. But yeah, shipping costs now they've moved to the US and the overseas charge I get are kinda annoying.

The Flyattractor
November 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
yeah. I just tried getting SGA-H from Ama. They still have it on pre-order.
and Book Dep has already sold out.

NOOO!!!

JMSwallow
November 3rd, 2010, 02:05 AM

Hey, thanks Ed. Glad you liked it!

The Flyattractor
November 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Has Homecoming actually been released yet or not?
I have checked out a few sites,and B&N and Amazon still have it set up as pre-order?

Anybody heard anything yet or not?

David N Wilson
November 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Just a note that Amazon.com has FINALLY listed BRIMSTONE as available...no one has found it yet, as it is sitting at about 8,000,000 on the ranking (sigh). Really looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks.

David Niall Wilson & Patricia Lee Macomber

mercy moon
November 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Has Homecoming actually been released yet or not?
I have checked out a few sites,and B&N and Amazon still have it set up as pre-order?

Anybody heard anything yet or not?
check out jo grahman's live journal - careful though, there's lots of spoilers! :D

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/

David N Wilson
November 6th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry, I got excited and jumped the gun. What happened is that instead of saying "not currently available" you can now get notified when it IS available. I'm nearly certain it will be up there this week, because we have had our author's copies for about three weeks now. This is really frustrating. We wrote this over a year ago, it has been bumped and rescheduled, and really ... we want people to READ it.

ed263
November 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I've been trying to find stargate novels for kindle on amazon.co.uk, but they don't come up. I can only find them for US customers. Which is so not fair!
I've been thinking about getting an ereader/kindle but I'm not going to unless I can confirm that I can get these stargate ebooks in the UK.
I thought the new Kindles were global....so long as the book was available in Kindle edition, anyone, from anywhere could download. Maybe send an email to Amazon and ask. :)

ed263
November 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I got excited and jumped the gun. What happened is that instead of saying "not currently available" you can now get notified when it IS available. I'm nearly certain it will be up there this week, because we have had our author's copies for about three weeks now. This is really frustrating. We wrote this over a year ago, it has been bumped and rescheduled, and really ... we want people to READ it.

I saw that on Amazon....sorry. :(
I really want to READ it! :)
I'm still clicking to put it on Kindle edition. Figured it would be easier to have it availabe as a Kindle edition, than on paper.

Tinah
November 7th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Well, both novels ( "Brimstone" and "Death Game" ) exist in a few copies on eBay, so somebody must have gotten them from somewhere. But the copies located in the UK are pretty expensive due to bidding ( and may even rise further ), and the "buy it now" copies are located in the US, which means a higher postage. I keep checking several times a week. Amazon UK frustrates me. I even got "Dead End" from eBay because I got frustrated ( this copy was located in the UK though ).

Artie
November 7th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Well, both novels ( "Brimstone" and "Death Game" ) exist in a few copies on eBay, so somebody must have gotten them from somewhere. But the copies located in the UK are pretty expensive due to bidding ( and may even rise further ), and the "buy it now" copies are located in the US, which means a higher postage. I keep checking several times a week. Amazon UK frustrates me. I even got "Dead End" from eBay because I got frustrated ( this copy was located in the UK though ).

Death Game has been shipping from Fandemonium and for the last week from Amazon US too, so the ebay copies probably came from there. Amazon UK had a used one for sale yesterday, but I don't know if it's still there or not. There was only one copy.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 7th, 2010, 01:42 AM
They're up for sale on Fandy's site. Just buy 'em from there.

Tinah
November 7th, 2010, 03:19 AM

I would, if I wanted to spend twice the money on postage. :mckay:

David N Wilson
November 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I was right. BRIMSTONE is available on Amazon now...it was just in the process of going live, so ... no Kindle edition at this point, but the book is available.

mercy moon
November 7th, 2010, 06:21 AM
dunno where you are Tinah, but the postage to the uk isn't that much - ordering the books from fandemonium only costs me £8.63 (of which £6.99 is for the book) ... also the books usually arrive in about 5 working days! :)

Tinah
November 7th, 2010, 09:13 AM
dunno where you are Tinah, but the postage to the uk isn't that much - ordering the books from fandemonium only costs me £8.63 (of which £6.99 is for the book) ... also the books usually arrive in about 5 working days! :)

Really? I seem to remember having paid lots more for stuff from the US before... but maybe Fandemonium as a company has some sort of postage discount? Good shipping time too! Sounds like it's worth checking out! Thanks! ( I live in Sweden by the way, that's why I prefer to use Amazon UK, as opposed to the US version, if possible. )

RowenaR
November 11th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Thank you for the hint but some of us refuse to pay astronomic shipping rates. Like me, for example (because amazon.de doesn't charge anything for book shipping).

David N Wilson
November 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
SGA Brimstone now available at Amazon.com and UK

ed263
November 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
SGA Brimstone now available at Amazon.com and UK

Bought! :)
Couldn't wait for it to come out in Kindle edition, but still want it on Kindle! ;)

Just finshed reading "Stargate Atlantis: The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis)" [Kindle Edition]
by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen.
O..M..G!! That was an awesome read!! Two thumbs up from me! Thoroughly enjoyed the story....action, adventure, and of course, a good ending. That's what I love about SGA! :)

Looking forward to reading Brimstone! :)

David N Wilson
November 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Very cool. It's starting slow on sales...I'm sure it's due to them holding up our release so long and so many times...people are just becoming aware that they are there....thanks for buying and dying to see what you think.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 13th, 2010, 03:06 AM
How well do the Fandemonium novels usually sell at release?

David N Wilson
November 13th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I'm not an expert on it, but I know a few of the other authors books averaged in the hundreds per month for quite a while...ours had a LOT of pre-orders, but then it was canceled an delayed and the orders went with it...now people are just figuring out it's there...so we're hoping it will kick in now...and when some reviews (hope people like it) appear.

Starfist
November 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I tend to purchase my books from either The Forbidden Planet, Waterstones or Amazon.
But at the moment I only have one Stargate Atlantis novel.

VampyreWraith
November 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I bought Brimstone just waiting for it to arrive, haven't bought Death Game yet. Has anyone read either book yet?

David N Wilson
November 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Lol...I've read Brimstone, but I'll hold my thoughts.

VampyreWraith
November 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Lol...I've read Brimstone, but I'll hold my thoughts.

Lol, aww do share you thoughts. It's really cool that some of the authors post here.:) I was really looking forward to reading Brimstone most out off all the other recent SGA books coming out and was quite annoyed that it kept getting pushed back and put on hold. I really liked the way the little product description for it sounded. Is that summary fairly accurate; because sometimes those things are way off lol?
Oh and heres its rank on Amazon.
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #18,353 in Books
#87 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Movie Tie-Ins
It actually seems to be ranked higher on the Amazon Bestsellers list than a lot of the other SG novels right now. :)

David N Wilson
November 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I only meant I don't want to go on about the novel until some of you have read it. If you all hate it, for instance, I can then duck and run :) I will say that the very beginning - the first chapter - made me smile to write...classic Rodney. I also enjoyed the opportunity to link back to favorite moments in the show in small ways. I had a lot of fun with this, and I'm a big fan of SGU as well, so I kind of hope I'll get a shot at one of those books in time. Just trying to think of the perfect plot. If some of you read Brimstone though, and have any questions, I'll be paying attention.

David (and Trish of course)

David N Wilson
November 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Oh, and on the best-selling thing - it's the NEWEST one...that's always the one that does best, at least for a while. It should probably be selling more than it is, but people are just starting to find it.

VampyreWraith
November 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah cuz they took it off, put it on, took it off again said it was available for purchase then once you tried to put it in the cart said it was no longer available lol. It was really weird.
I've bought all the SGA books so far except Death Game, I'll eventually get that too; I'm working on getting all the SG1 books; I've got about half of those. Once more SGU novels come out I'l get those too. I just really love all Stargate lol.

Add: Amazon still doesn't have it available even though it says thats its available. When you try to put it in your cart it says its no longer available.

David N Wilson
November 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I know...it was up for pre-order last year, because it was due out last December. Then it went to MGM for approval and stayed there....forever....I'm just glad it's finally out there.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 17th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I've had both books brought for me for Christmas. Which I'm starting to regret asking for now 'cause I'd rather have them now!

ed263
November 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I know...it was up for pre-order last year, because it was due out last December. Then it went to MGM for approval and stayed there....forever....I'm just glad it's finally out there.

Received "Brimstone" the other day....LOVING IT! :)
I'm on chapter 19.....let you how I like the rest of your book later, I just didn't want to wait any more to squee to you about the story! :)

ed263
November 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Oh..just read your post.

I will say that the very beginning - the first chapter - made me smile to write...classic Rodney.
LOVE that first chapter!! Had me smiling and thinking...poor Rodney!! LOL!

Just trying to think of the perfect plot. If some of you read Brimstone though, and have any questions, I'll be paying attention.
David (and Trish of course)
So far no questions from me...your story is clear and smartly written! Well done!
I'm reading it very slowly...usually a chapter at a time. Gotta do some work related stuff and it's eating a huge chuck of my time, but in between....I read a chapter! :)

Libero
November 18th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I did it - cancelled my amazon order and switched to fandemonium!

The message: For International orders, please allow 5-10 days for delivery.

OK ... now I'm waiting again ...

Tinah
November 18th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I did, too. The postage was much cheaper than I'd have thought, and the books actually made it to Sweden in 5 working days! Looks like I'll be getting my books directly from Fandemonium in the future!

ed263
November 18th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Oh, and on the best-selling thing - it's the NEWEST one...that's always the one that does best, at least for a while. It should probably be selling more than it is, but people are just starting to find it.
"Brimstone"...O..M..G!! Absolutely LOVED the book!

Well written, characters are the ones we know and love, and story kept me glued to the book! Got me trouble at work... stayed passed my lunch time because I was reading it and didn't want to stop! :)

I really hope you are writing or going to write another SGA story!

scifan
November 19th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Just got Death Game and Dead End the other day. Death Game is an awesome story so far! It's set a few months after Ronon joins Sheppard's team. I'm only about 1/3 through so far.
Next series of books will be the LEGACY series. There will be 5 books in all and they all take place after season 5 ends. There is: Homecoming (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Atlantis:_Legacy:_Homecoming), The Lost (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost), Alliegiance, The Avengers, Secret and The Inheritors. The summary on the first couple of books look really good. Looking forward to them.

Death Game is my first SGA book, so I'll have to start getting the rest. ;)

David N Wilson
November 21st, 2010, 02:42 PM
We are THRILLED by your reaction. So happy to know we nailed the characters because, like I said, we love them too, you know? Rodney is still my favorite.

Starfist
November 21st, 2010, 02:50 PM
In a previous post I mentioned I only had one Atlantis novel.
That novel is 'Nightfall' by James Swallow.

I've enjoyed what I've read so far.

ttyl
Starfist

ed263
November 23rd, 2010, 04:19 AM
We are THRILLED by your reaction. So happy to know we nailed the characters because, like I said, we love them too, you know? Rodney is still my favorite.
Rodney is my favorite as well. :)
Are you planing on writing any more SGA stories? Sure hope you are!

Libero
November 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM

My books arrived at last! ;)
I'm halfway through "Brimstone" and so far I like the story.
The non-team-figure makes me smile - well done! And the familiar characters are to the point, fascinating and funny.
I'm looking forward to the following chapters. :)

David N Wilson
November 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
We'd love to write more novels. I loved Atlantis, and am also taken with Universe, so I'd be happy writing either one. We'll see. I'm actually talking to the folks at Fandy tomorrow about a semi-related thing that I'll tell you all about as soon as I know if it will happen.

Meantime, very happy people are enjoying Brimstone. This is the sort of project you work on and you feel the characters in your head the way you saw them on the screen, but you never really know if your version of something and the version other people see are close...like...did you "get" it?

And also love that someone enjoyed Ensign Cumby. There is a story behind him...but I'm not going to get into it until I'm sure most folks who want to read the book have had their chance....

David

mercy moon
November 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
yup, thoroughly enjoyed 'brimstone' though i do have one quick question :
where did McKay get a working personal shield from? the one he had in 'hide and seek' was used up by the shadow monster thingie wasn't it? if not i would've thought the team would've used it all the time! :D

David N Wilson
November 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
yup, thoroughly enjoyed 'brimstone' though i do have one quick question :
where did McKay get a working personal shield from? the one he had in 'hide and seek' was used up by the shadow monster thingie wasn't it? if not i would've thought the team would've used it all the time! :D

Well I asked : There was never any evidence it was used up. I was told that it wasn't used because it was too unpredictable and nearly killed Rodney (even though it was his fault) ... so it was still available. One of the things I enjoyed most was bringing it back

Libero
November 29th, 2010, 07:32 PM
And also love that someone enjoyed Ensign Cumby. There is a story behind him...but I'm not going to get into it until I'm sure most folks who want to read the book have had their chance....

David

I'm the someone ;)
Finished "Brimstone" and I think it's good. Maybe a little too Rodney centered but you mentioned that he is your favorite character.
Can I note something?

On p. 195 Sheppard and Mara "ran straight to the cell where Ronon, Teyla and Cumby were still locked up."
They thought Teyla dead and she is no more in this cell, she's crushed!
Sorry, but this kinda annoyed me ... :(

David N Wilson
November 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
I'm the someone ;)
Finished "Brimstone" and I think it's good. Maybe a little too Rodney centered but you mentioned that he is your favorite character.
Can I note something?

On p. 195 Sheppard and Mara "ran straight to the cell where Ronon, Teyla and Cumby were still locked up."
They thought Teyla dead and she is no more in this cell, she's crushed!
Sorry, but this kinda annoyed me ... :(

Absolutely...and sorry about that...not an excuse, but ... When we first wrote this, it was another character who fought and was crushed. MGM felt it would have more impact if it was one of the main team, so we rewrote it to make it Teyla...unfortunately there seems to be this one place where neither the editors, Trish, nor I caught one instance of the old story leaking through...very sorry

Libero
November 30th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Absolutely...and sorry about that...not an excuse, but ... When we first wrote this, it was another character who fought and was crushed. MGM felt it would have more impact if it was one of the main team, so we rewrote it to make it Teyla...unfortunately there seems to be this one place where neither the editors, Trish, nor I caught one instance of the old story leaking through...very sorry

Oooookay, it could be forgiven ... :cool:

mercy moon
November 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well I asked : There was never any evidence it was used up. I was told that it wasn't used because it was too unpredictable and nearly killed Rodney (even though it was his fault) ... so it was still available. One of the things I enjoyed most was bringing it back

good enough for me! :D

Tinah
November 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
On the topic of "Brimstone"...

In "McKay & Mrs Miller" Rod said he used the Ancient Personal Shield to protect him during the transition between realities, and Rodney said "I depleted ours". You can check the transcript here on Gateworld. So it's pretty definite to me that it wasn't useable anymore.

I hope you don't take this as criticism, I normally wouldn't have commented on it, but since the discussion came up, I wanted to provide the canon facts.

Also, I guess it's very much personal preference how we see the balance of "screen time" between the main characters. Personally, I felt that "Death Game" had far too little of Rodney, and that "Brimstone" brought back the balance.

padr49904
January 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone know of ebooks of the series that I can download since I have a nook kindle books don't work on it.
About brimstone \/
And they did acquire another shield from lucius I am pretty sure and they probably found more at some point.

Tinah
January 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Brimstone:

Nope, they didn't. Lucius' shield was depleted by the explosion the Genii set off. And if they found another one somewhere else, I don't remember it. If you do, could you please remind me?

stargatetravler
January 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
EEK, i totally didn't know there were books! I book marked the website and I'm going SHOPPIN next paycheck! LOL

Starfist
January 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I can recommend 'Nightfall' by James Swallow.
I finished reading it yesterday and enjoyed it.

JMSwallow
January 11th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I can recommend 'Nightfall' by James Swallow.
I finished reading it yesterday and enjoyed it.

Hey, thanks!

lightsyder
January 18th, 2011, 05:02 PM
question...where/when do you guys & gals that read this thread place Hunt and Run in the Atlantis timeline? I'm thinking just a litte while after Runner

David N Wilson
February 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Finally got my username and password to work again! I hope some of you are reading and enjoying Brimstone. I'll have some intersting / exciting news soon about eBooks and Stargate, but for now...I'd love to hear more about what you think of Brimstone.

The Flyattractor
February 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
1 more day to new book day.
Hooray.

lightsyder
February 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM
here's hoping

Gamma626
February 15th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Huzzah!

padr49904
February 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Finally got my username and password to work again! I hope some of you are reading and enjoying Brimstone. I'll have some intersting / exciting news soon about eBooks and Stargate, but for now...I'd love to hear more about what you think of Brimstone.

I hope they have to do with open source ones, not just more being released on Amazon. I have a Barnes and Noble Nook and it is a pain to only have them on Amazon where I can't read them on my Nook.

Siara.Corvus
February 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if any of the Stargate books will be available as e-books?

WraithTech
February 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know if any of the Stargate books will be available as e-books?

'The Lost' will be and the others will too:

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/106857.html

Siara.Corvus
February 18th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Ah, good.
My brother seems to have a paper allergy as he refuses to read actual books made of paper, but e-books are fine -_-;
Still, as long as he can read SG novels, I'm happy :)

Artie
February 19th, 2011, 02:44 AM
PSA for people who have preordered The Lost through Amazon UK -- apparently Amazon UK has cancelled all the preorders in error. More here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/108457.html

Tinah
February 19th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Thank you, Artie, for that information! I was so disappointed when I saw that the date had been moved to April on Amazon. ( Not that I buy from Amazon anymore, but since Fandemonium usually update their site very late or even after the fact, I keep an eye on Amazon for upcoming books. )

Elite Anubis Guard
March 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
Any new updates? Still nothing on the Fandy site.

WraithTech
March 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know why 'Halcyon' and 'The Chosen' do not get republished? There is enough demand for them that they sell for over $50 for used copies. :eek:

David N Wilson
March 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Just a quick note. I posted about this in a separate thread, but my company, Crossroad Press, will be doing digital editions of SG novels now...we've already published two, SGA-14 and SG1-15 ... with four more older titles to come, and then all the new ones going forward.

Libero
March 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know why 'Halcyon' and 'The Chosen' do not get republished? There is enough demand for them that they sell for over $50 for used copies. :eek:

You're so right!
And SG-1 "Survival of the fittest" ...

mercy moon
March 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Woohoo! The Lost is now available to order from Fandemonium! :D

http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php

WraithTech
March 4th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Woohoo! The Lost is now available to order from Fandemonium! :D

http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php

Thanks, I just placed my order! :)

Elite Anubis Guard
March 5th, 2011, 04:22 AM
And so is Sunrise. ordered.

Libero
March 5th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I just placed my order! :)

So did I :)

Hagazussa
March 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Perhaps some rare books do not get republished to light a fire under fan's behinds to buy books as they are coming out so as to not have to pay collectors prices? Aside from that paranoid little idea my guess is that while the books might be in demand, they might not be in high enough demand to warrant the cost of republishing the books.

I do not have allot of the Stargate Atlantis books yet, I have a few though, and I loved Blood Ties, though it had some inaccuracies I think it is a very interesting and creative story. The only thing I did not like about it is how it treats Rodney. Rodney is a complex character yes he is both winy and arrogant, however when push comes to show he do risk his life again and again to save others. The author of the book presents him as an annoying, winy child and as nothing else and that I did not like but other than that the book was great, though the mini, telepathic, alien dinosaurs that got into Atlantis in one chapter did turn the pulp factor of the book up to the max. :P

Elite Anubis Guard
March 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
And yet in Xenogenesis by the same authors, he is absolutely well written. Easily one of my favorite portrayals of Rodney in the novels. But then again, I never liked Blood Ties anyway.

Hagazussa
March 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Is not Blood Ties a earlier book than Xenogenesis? Perhaps it took the author a little time to get the feel for the character.

Hyndara71
March 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM
And yet in Xenogenesis by the same authors, he is absolutely well written. Easily one of my favorite portrayals of Rodney in the novels. But then again, I never liked Blood Ties anyway.

What is Xenogenesis?

Is not Blood Ties a earlier book than Xenogenesis? Perhaps it took the author a little time to get the feel for the character.

About your theory ... I have all SG-1 and SGA-novels and I have to say that it could be a wise decision not to republish some of the older books. Especially "Siren Song" was absolutely horrible.

Don't know what this Xenogenesis could be, the complete list of Fandy-SGA-novels (in order of the date they were published) is:

1. Rising
2. Reliquary
3. The Chosen
4. Halcyon
5. Exogenesis
6. Entanglement
7. Casualties of War
8. Blood Ties
9. Mirror, Mirror
10. Nightfall
11. Angelus
12. Dead End
13. Hunt and Run
14. Death Game
15. Brimstone
16. Homecoming
17. The Lost

Hagazussa
March 7th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I have not read Xenogenesis so I would not know anything about it, but I have heard the title before, however it might be a completely different series which have a book by that title for all I know. :P

Elite Anubis Guard
March 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Sorry, meant Exogenesis. Xenogenesis is a comic from the Aliens/vs/Predator franchise.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 12th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Well I just finished Bromstone. Was a solid novel but didn't think it was particularly amazing. Characters were well written and it had some interesting ideas in the story and I like to see different sides of the Ancients but I didn't particularly like this version. Nice use of a short chapters, kept the novel moving. Didn't see the point in Cumby though. Don't know why he came on the mission as he served absolutely no purpose other than to dial the Gate at the end.

But yeah, was a good novel just not my favorite. Really looking forward to The Lost though.

JoGraham
March 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone! I just thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
How's life with Jo Graham?

Elite Anubis Guard
March 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Just received my copy of The Lost. Will start reading shortly.

JoGraham
March 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
How's life with Jo Graham?

Good! Right now I'm working on our SG-1 novel, Moebius Squared. The Lost just came out, so that's very exciting. I'm also working on revisions to The Avengers, so a lot going on!

Elite Anubis Guard
March 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Avengers is the last Legacy book, right?

WraithTech
March 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Avengers is the last Legacy book, right?

Here is the schedule per Fandy's website:

The STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy Series:

Book 1: Homecoming - October 2010
Book 2: The Lost - February 2011
Book 3: Allegiance - June 2011
Book 4: Avengers - October 2011
Book 5: The Secret - Spring 2012
Book 6: The Inheritors - Summer 2012

http://www.stargatenovels.com/

Elite Anubis Guard
March 18th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Thanks. I'd completely forgotten about those last 2. In wonder, Jo, in Avengers does... *The Lost spoiler*

Does the Avenger have anything to do with the book?

Elite Anubis Guard
March 20th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I have just finished The Lost. Once again, it's an extremely addictive novel and I had trouble putting it down. Flowed very well and was very easy to read. It felt right in every way, felt like it was a natural expansion of Stargate Atlantis.

I'm very impressed that they didn't recover Rodney, that the Genii are being used more as I felt they were very underused and Sam coming back with the Hammond really made me smile. Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?

I also smiled and smirked quite a few times at some of the comments being made. In some ways I did still feel that The Lost was once again a setup novel but I can see why. Really enjoyed it and once again, am now eagerly awaiting the next novel.

I take it Legacy will be released one after the other but no breaks for stand alone novels? I'd really prefer it that way at the moment. And is everyone on schedule with them?

Leeta
March 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I have just finished The Lost. Once again, it's an extremely addictive novel and I had trouble putting it down. Flowed very well and was very easy to read. It felt right in every way, felt like it was a natural expansion of Stargate Atlantis.

I totally agree. I purchased the ebook Saturday morning and finished it Sunday evening. I couldn't step away from it for long. :)

I'm very impressed that they didn't recover Rodney, that the Genii are being used more as I felt they were very underused and Sam coming back with the Hammond really made me smile. Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?

The Lost Spoiler:
The whole situation with Rodney was very interesting! As for 'Quicksilver' I actually thought it was the wraith scientist from the 'Allies' episode that was recovered. I was excited when I read the first chapter because it led me to believe it was him. But the twist later on about his identity was a bit of a shocker. It made me ':eek:' a few times. :) I think something did happen between John and Teyla. I also thought the genii weren't as annoying in this book as in Homecoming. But I'm not really a fan of them anyway. :o

WraithTech
March 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I totally agree. I purchased the ebook Saturday morning and finished it Sunday evening. I couldn't step away from it for long. :)

It took me almost a week to read it because I tend to spend 20 minutes analyzing every 10 minutes of reading - almost paralysis by analysis. :P

The underlying theme of 'worth' is/was fun to explore (i.e., self-identity and self-worth and relative worth to others), both for the in-story characters and how it applies to my own life.

I was thinking Quicksilver was that Wraith you mentioned too, partly because he was in Atlantis and partly because I didn't imagine the writers would dare! I didn't figure it out until page 95 and have never been so surprised reading a book before. :)

Leeta
March 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
It took me almost a week to read it because I tend to spend 20 minutes analyzing every 10 minutes of reading - almost paralysis by analysis. :P

The underlying theme of 'worth' is/was fun to explore (i.e., self-identity and self-worth and relative worth to others), both for the in-story characters and how it applies to my own life.

I was thinking Quicksilver was that Wraith you mentioned too, partly because he was in Atlantis and partly because I didn't imagine the writers would dare! I didn't figure it out until page 95 and have never been so surprised reading a book before. :)

I squee'd in the first chapter. But later on I was like, 'hey! a wait a minute.' I'm trying to picture Quicksilver in my mind but I keep giggling!

WraithTech
March 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I squee'd in the first chapter. But later on I was like, 'hey! a wait a minute.' I'm trying to picture Quicksilver in my mind but I keep giggling!

I had to re-read all those first chapters again and re-imagine the scenes...

http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/Wraith-Rodney-31103656
:)

Elite Anubis Guard
March 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Interesting. I like that. I'd realised what had gone out straight away and I was excited.

Voyager_sput
March 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Its hard to find the books here in The Netherlands.... i've only found Mirror, Mirror and Entanglement thus far. Good books though :)

Artie
March 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Its hard to find the books here in The Netherlands.... i've only found Mirror, Mirror and Entanglement thus far. Good books though :)

A bunch of them have recently become available for download as ebooks here: http://store.crossroadpress.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99

Hagazussa
March 22nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
I just wanted to ask a question here before I head over to Amazon and ebay. I want to get all the Stargate Atlantis books eventually however what I like best about the setting is the Wraith, I was wondering which books have the most of them. I prefer books with chapters that have the Wraith's point of view, but them as enemies and such is okey as well. I have Blood Ties, Homecoming, The Chosen, Reliquary and I have just ordered The Lost though it will be between two weeks and two months for it to get here. So I am just wondering which books you would recommend getting next.

WraithTech
March 23rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
I just wanted to ask a question here before I head over to Amazon and ebay. I want to get all the Stargate Atlantis books eventually however what I like best about the setting is the Wraith, I was wondering which books have the most of them. I prefer books with chapters that have the Wraith's point of view, but them as enemies and such is okey as well. I have Blood Ties, Homecoming, The Chosen, Reliquary and I have just ordered The Lost though it will be between two weeks and two months for it to get here. So I am just wondering which books you would recommend getting next.

Does Reliquary have Wraith in it too?

Entanglement, Nightfall, Death Game, and Halcyon also feature Wraith. Nightfall has some sections with the Wraith point of view.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 23rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Reliquary doesn't.

WraithTech
March 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Reliquary doesn't.

Thanks for the info. :)

Hagazussa
March 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Does Reliquary have Wraith in it too?

No but it is Stargate Atlantis and it do have strange technologies another thing I like and I found it in a bargain bin for about 3 bucks. :D

Entanglement, Nightfall, Death Game, and Halcyon also feature Wraith. Nightfall has some sections with the Wraith point of view.

Thank you for the information. Off to Amazon I go.

Voyager_sput
March 24th, 2011, 02:26 PM
A bunch of them have recently become available for download as ebooks here: http://store.crossroadpress.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99

Superb, hadn't found that one yet, thanks a million!

Artie
March 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Superb, hadn't found that one yet, thanks a million!

You're welcome! :)

RobinB
March 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM
While we're recommending books, are there any that have a more humorous slant, maybe some fun character interaction? I've read one or two that seem steeped in misery, and to be honest, there's kind of enough of that in the real world...

Canadian_rodney
March 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I loved the book just every way the story is falling in to place it's great I hate having to wait for the next book lol !!!! The one thing I wished would be being able to maybe see drawing of the ship just to get a feel for it !!! If anyone has a pic or drawing of the ship that would be awesome thanks !!!!

ForestFern
March 26th, 2011, 11:18 PM

I had no idea SGA books to be available as ebooks, and was kinda annoyed having to wait for several weeks to get the Amazon package :S

Thx so much for the info!

Artie
March 27th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I had no idea SGA books to be available as ebooks, and was kinda annoyed having to wait for several weeks to get the Amazon package :S

Thx so much for the info!

They've just started putting out the ebooks a couple of weeks ago, so it's new and I don't think many people know about it yet. But a lot more convenient for people who otherwise have to pay international shipping! (And much cheaper too.)

Starfist
March 27th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I've just ordered 'Rising' by Sally Malcom. I found it on Amazon...

Looking forward to reading it... :D

Artie
March 27th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I've just ordered 'Rising' by Sally Malcom. I found it on Amazon...

Looking forward to reading it... :D

It's really interesting because it was adapted from the original script, not what was filmed, so it's a little different in some interesting ways....

RobinB
March 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM
It's really interesting because it was adapted from the original script, not what was filmed, so it's a little different in some interesting ways....

I didn't realize that was the case, and it sounds like it might be fun to read and see what's different. Thanks for the tip!

WraithTech
March 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM

Thanks, this explains some Wraith differences for sure.

I'm glad the filming changed Wraith to not be like zombies. :S Instead, they have cat-like eyes, no complaints from McKay on any smells, and a wonderful array of complex and vibrant hairstyles. :)

Artie
March 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks, this explains some Wraith differences for sure.

I'm glad the filming changed Wraith to not be like zombies. :S Instead, they have cat-like eyes, no complaints from McKay on any smells, and a wonderful array of complex and vibrant hairstyles. :)

Also Teyla is much younger in the original. She's twenty, not in her thirties, and the lines changed to reflect that. For example, Sumner doesn't ask to speak to her father!

Elite Anubis Guard
March 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Just started Death Game. I imagine it'll be good considering it's Jo. We'll find out though.

maxbo
March 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Don't know what this Xenogenesis could be, the complete list of Fandy-SGA-novels (in order of the date they were published) is:

1. Rising
2. Reliquary
3. The Chosen
4. Halcyon
5. Exogenesis
6. Entanglement
7. Casualties of War
8. Blood Ties
9. Mirror, Mirror
10. Nightfall
11. Angelus
12. Dead End
13. Hunt and Run
14. Death Game
15. Brimstone
16. Homecoming
17. The Lost

Here is the schedule per Fandy's website:

http://www.stargatenovels.com/

Thanks for this info. I have Homecoming, but haven't had time to read it yet. I want to get every SGA book and plan to read to read them in order, so this info is very useful.

lightsyder
March 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
publication order is not necessarily chronological order. The only ones where that is the case is the legacy series.

WraithTech
March 29th, 2011, 02:24 PM
publication order is not necessarily chronological order. The only ones where that is the case is the legacy series.

Great point, the other books occur at various intervals between the aired episodes.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 29th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Off the top of my head -

1. Rising (Season 1)
2. Reliquary (Season 1)
3. The Chosen (Season 1)
4. Halcyon (Season 2)
5. Exogenesis (Season 2)
6. Entanglement (Season 2)
7. Casualties of War (Season 3)
8. Blood Ties (Season 3)
9. Mirror, Mirror (Season 3)
10. Nightfall (Season 4)
11. Angelus (Season 4)
12. Dead End (Season ???)
13. Hunt and Run (Season ??? )
14. Death Game (Season 2)
15. Brimstone (Season 5)
16. Homecoming (Season 6)
17. The Lost (Season 6)

The Atlantis novels did follow some sort of order due to them releasing as Atlantis had sorta started.

Falcon Horus
March 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
17. The Lost (Season 6)

Last I checked - Atlantis ended at 5 (canonically wise anyway).

To some prematuraly, to others right on time - whatever the feeling may be for any of us - anything beyond that last season is fan speculation. It really could go a gazillion ways... and it probably does somewhere... in book form as Fandemonium presents them or in fanfic form as we, fanfic-authors, present it.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM
It was a joke, in some ways. Legacy is effectively Season 6.

Falcon Horus
March 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM
It was a joke, in some ways. Legacy is effectively Season 6.

No it isn't... not to me anyway... ;)

I just read the first episode of an oncoming virtual season 6 of SGA... so that's my season 6, and Legacy can be yours. :)

WraithTech
March 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Off the top of my head -

Thanks for that list. It helps to keep track of them on some sort of a timeline.

maxbo
March 30th, 2011, 01:04 AM

That's good to know. Thanks.

Off the top of my head -

1. Rising (Season 1)
2. Reliquary (Season 1)
3. The Chosen (Season 1)
4. Halcyon (Season 2)
5. Exogenesis (Season 2)
6. Entanglement (Season 2)
7. Casualties of War (Season 3)
8. Blood Ties (Season 3)
9. Mirror, Mirror (Season 3)
10. Nightfall (Season 4)
11. Angelus (Season 4)
12. Dead End (Season ???)
13. Hunt and Run (Season ??? )
14. Death Game (Season 2)
15. Brimstone (Season 5)
17. The Lost (Season 6)

The Atlantis novels did follow some sort of order due to them releasing as Atlantis had sorta started.

Thanks for compiling this list. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
March 30th, 2011, 08:28 AM
No it isn't... not to me anyway... ;)

I just read the first episode of an oncoming virtual season 6 of SGA... so that's my season 6, and Legacy can be yours. :)

Okay, let's try this. Closest to an official approved Season 6 until we get the movies?

And no worries, everyone else :)

Falcon Horus
March 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Okay, let's try this. Closest to an official approved Season 6 until we get the movies?

I've heard differently but okay if that's what it is for you... :)

lightsyder
March 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Well, it's the only officially licensed continuation of Atlantis even though it will most likely get over-written if/when we get movies.

What have you heard that was different?

JoGraham
March 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM
A number of people have asked me about the process by which MGM approved the Legacy books. It's quite complicated and in multi steps, but here it is.

First we submitted an outline for the entire series, all six books as a single plot arc, with all major characters and plot in it, following the guidelines that we were given about content. That outline was modified by MGM. We made changes in response to their feedback, and then resubmitted the entire outline, which was approved.

Then for EACH book we first submit a 5,000 word synopsis detailing more closely the entire plot. Each synopsis is then edited by MGM and returned to us and we resubmit until it meets their approval.

When each book is finished it goes to our editor at Fandemonium, who requires changes which we make. Then the manuscript goes to MGM, where it typically stays 3-6 months for detailed LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edits. Usually there are 200-300 individual changes suggested by MGM. We make changes and rewrite. Then the manuscript is resubmitted to MGM where it once again has a LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edit. Any remaining changes are made.

At which point it goes to galleys. We review the galleys for any errors and final changes. Then the galleys are approved by MGM.

There is not one single WORD in the Legacy series that has not been approved by MGM three separate times. Everything, every last comma, is reviewed exhaustively to meet their requirements.

Of course, as the owners of the franchise, MGM can change their minds about canon at any point in the future, retcon or rewrite as they wish, just as in a future show they can choose to retcon or disregard anything that's been previously filmed. But yes, it is canon. Every single word is approved by MGM, the owner of the franchise.

It's a very complicated process!

Skydiver
March 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Guys

This thread is to discuss the official novels. If you don't like them, fine. Then you really have no need to come in here and take pot shots at something you're not going to read now do you?

Sevenofnine
March 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
A number of people have asked me about the process by which MGM approved the Legacy books. It's quite complicated and in multi steps, but here it is.

First we submitted an outline for the entire series, all six books as a single plot arc, with all major characters and plot in it, following the guidelines that we were given about content. That outline was modified by MGM. We made changes in response to their feedback, and then resubmitted the entire outline, which was approved.

Then for EACH book we first submit a 5,000 word synopsis detailing more closely the entire plot. Each synopsis is then edited by MGM and returned to us and we resubmit until it meets their approval.

When each book is finished it goes to our editor at Fandemonium, who requires changes which we make. Then the manuscript goes to MGM, where it typically stays 3-6 months for detailed LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edits. Usually there are 200-300 individual changes suggested by MGM. We make changes and rewrite. Then the manuscript is resubmitted to MGM where it once again has a LINE BY LINE WORD BY WORD edit. Any remaining changes are made.

At which point it goes to galleys. We review the galleys for any errors and final changes. Then the galleys are approved by MGM.

There is not one single WORD in the Legacy series that has not been approved by MGM three separate times. Everything, every last comma, is reviewed exhaustively to meet their requirements.

Of course, as the owners of the franchise, MGM can change their minds about canon at any point in the future, retcon or rewrite as they wish, just as in a future show they can choose to retcon or disregard anything that's been previously filmed. But yes, it is canon. Every single word is approved by MGM, the owner of the franchise.

It's a very complicated process!

First off I'd like to say a big thank you for writing, and wow what a process to go through, you truly must be dedicated to this. You are all awesome.

I have read "Homecoming" and enjoyed it immensely, I now have "Lost" and am half way through, and looking at the time lines for the publishing of the next book, I am really going to have to be patient, June 2011! But I will wait. I am glad that you are writing this series and I congratulate you on a job well done, even though you have to jump through so many hoops.

I also like fan-fiction as well and read it, I am happy so long as there is stories coming out. And the list of books published so far is helpful, but isn't Halycon now unavailable? I have heard this a few times, I have two of the others.

Anyway a big thank you to Jo Graham for all your hard work. :wraith37:

Elite Anubis Guard
March 30th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for posting that, Jo. I'll now have a post to always refer back to. I, too, am thoroughly enjoying the Legacy series and am eagerly awaiting the next novel in the series.

lightsyder
March 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Wow, that is a lot to go through. No wonder the books jeep getting delayed. Thanks fir the info!

The Lost us currently sitting on an end table in my living room. If only I had time to read thus week. Really looking forward to it.

Starfist
April 2nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hi all.
I've just finished reading 'Rising' by Sally Malcom.
And I have to say I enjoyed reading it.

Ok, I've seen the episode several times. And the novel is a little different, but not
so you'd notice. In fact the differences add to the enjoyment of the novel.
Ms. Malcom writes well, I also have her audio adventures, and I hope to read some more
of her work.

padr49904
April 14th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know if any books besides the Legacy series are going to come out during the time of the Legacy series. There are some other writers of the Fandemonium out there and was wondering if there would be any books released.

I see the Legacy series as the plot for the entire Season 6 and usually, in the show, there are some side stories that might allude to the plot as a side not but are not entirely focused on it.

m&mnm317
April 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Hello all. I have just finished my first SGA book - Dead End - and was wondering what everyone's favorite SGA book is??

I know there are many out there but I do not wish to read them if they aren't good, you know?

Libero
April 20th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hello all. I have just finished my first SGA book - Dead End - and was wondering what everyone's favorite SGA book is??

I know there are many out there but I do not wish to read them if they aren't good, you know?

Hi m&m
For me it's definitely "Reliquary".

Elite Anubis Guard
April 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm really digging the Legacy series at the moment. Am a big fan of Exogenesis and Chosen too.

Hyndara71
April 20th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Rising and Reliquary. Can't decide which one is better ;).

Lornefan
April 21st, 2011, 04:24 AM
I would say the Legacy series is a really good read. Death Game and Bloodties are two of my favorites.

m&mnm317
April 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Okay so I have -

Legacy Series
Death Game
Bloodties
Reliquary
Rising
Exogenesis, and
Chosen

Any others??

Thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate them! :hugs all who answered:

JT-2
April 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Okay so I have -

Legacy Series
Death Game
Bloodties
Reliquary
Rising
Exogenesis, and
Chosen

Any others??

Thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate them! :hugs all who answered:

I thought Casualties of War and Mirror, Mirror were pretty good. Mirror, Mirror was confusing at first but once I got into it I really liked it.

WraithTech
April 21st, 2011, 04:01 PM
The Lost is my favorite so far for the element of surprise and the character development.

Artie
April 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
In case anybody's interested, there's an Ask the Authors of the next Legacy book, Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold, going on here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/122258.html

Elite Anubis Guard
May 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I just finished Death Game today. I enjoyed it but it wasn't my favorite novel. Don't get me wrong, I like Jo and I love the Legacy series so far but Death Game just didn't really grab me until about halfway in. I enjoyed the flashbacks and seeing Radek have some more meat but otherwise there didn't seem to be too much to it. Everyone was bang on character and the writing itself was good. I'd say 3/5.

I finally got Nightfall so that's next on the list. Then I'll be caught up with all the novels for the first time in about a year.

Artie
May 10th, 2011, 07:05 AM
The Legacy series authors are auctioning off a guest appearance in The Inheritors, the last Legacy book, in a charity auction here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/124097.html?mode=reply

Elite Anubis Guard
May 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I consider myself fairly tech savy but I can't figure out this auction site. Can someone find a link to the specific auction?

WraithTech
May 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I consider myself fairly tech savy but I can't figure out this auction site. Can someone find a link to the specific auction?

Here is the auction:
http://helpthesouth.livejournal.com/1124.html?page=6#comments

To quickly locate the post, press "Ctrl" + "F" and search for Zelenka. Or, you can search for "Legacy" to see the other auction for autographed books. :)

Jcb33
June 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hey guys,

I am wanting to collect for the set of SG1 and SGA novels, but notice a fair few are out of print, ergo was wondering if there are any plans to republish them?

I do want the full set, but I dont fancy paying £100+ for Halcyon for example to achieve this...

Thanks,
Jcb33 :jack:

Starfist
June 10th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi all.
I've just started reading 'Casualties Of War' by Elizabeth Christensen.
I got it from amazon... :D

I agree £100.00 is a bit much to pay for a book to complete a set is a bit much.
I've got that problem with another series of books I read.

jetnova16
June 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Looks like it is going to be along wait for StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 3: Allegiance. It was supposed to be out this month but now I am hearing that it is still at MGM waiting approval. Why didn't it get written sooner or well the other one was being written as a final draft?

I finished StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 1: Homecoming in about 3, the same can be said for StarGate Atlantis Legacy Book 2: The Lost, and now I have to wait for the next book in the series, this is SAD :( ;(. I started this series just last month (near the end of the month) because the 3rd book was to be out this month and I would have had another book that I wouldn't be able to put down. I hate to not finish or read the next book in a series when it isn't out yet, now I hate to learn that someone lied about the publishing date for StarGate Atlantis Book 3: Allegiance, hopefully it will be out before the end of the month if not within the next week. :) I know that would make me extreamly happy, hopefully though the 3 StarGate books I recently ordered will get here soon even though they aren't part of this series.

As for the Legacy series, I like what I am seeing happening between John and Teyla. I say they should get married, they make a great and lovely couple, plus Torren already calls him "Da". It seemed like John and Teyla would get together in the series, the Legacy books show that there are feelings for him from her and clearly for her from him. John and Teyla getting married would thus be a logical choice sometime in the Legacy Series (Possibly) or another StarGate Atlantis book (and or movie) down the road.

I myself was hoping they would be getting together in the StarGate Atlantis movie that still hasn't come out or is it really canceled?

EDIT/Addition:

Also...is it me or was their insinuations John and Teyla had sex?

To answer this, I would say "No", but then again maybe it could be possible if it was a left out scene. I think they are just falling in love with each other and are heading towards that moment. This is another reason why I think and believe John and Teyla should get married and also because: "Doesn't Torren deserve a brother or sister?"

GoSpikey
June 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I have the first two books in my possession, but haven't read them yet because I'd be waiting for months for the next book to arrive. I want to read them all together.

Personally I hope these books stay ship-free. I'm not a fan of John/Teyla, so I hope I'm not paying to see them written together.

For those that would enjoy J/T, I'm sure there's plenty of that in FF already. :D

jetnova16
June 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I have the first two books in my possession, but haven't read them yet because I'd be waiting for months for the next book to arrive. I want to read them all together.

Personally I hope these books stay ship-free. I'm not a fan of John/Teyla, so I hope I'm not paying to see them written together.

For those that would enjoy J/T, I'm sure there's plenty of that in FF already. :D

I hate to tell you this since you haven't read the books, but here are 4 spoilers:
1) John calls Teyla his wife to stop someone from hitting on her. This is brought up again in Book 2.
2) In Book 1 & Book 2 so far, Torren calls John "Da".
3) In Book 1 Torren's father wants to be released from Teyla, and realizes her heart and feelings belong to another.
4) In both books so far, this is the part then you'll hate, John and Teyla are really getting closer :) and this is very good! :)

I am afraid to say you might just be paying for books to see the two starting a relationship, anything is possible I know, but I would say you should start reading the books now because if your going to wait for all of them first, you have a long wait fo the last one comes out in the summer of next year, literally a year away! The release dates are for all 6 books:

To actually quote the series, some of the other Atlantis team members thought John and Teyla would hook up and even Weir thought Torren's father was John in the episode "Ghost in the Machine".

I personally love seeing John and Teyla getting closer in the books because the FF (Fan Fiction) isn't true to canon anyways and since MGM is approving the content of the books it appears they approve of John and Teyla as well! Keep it coming is what I say. Especially since I haven't read nor located any Fan Fiction that actually fits in to StarGate Atlantis as canon.

By any chance, where can I find close to accurate Fan Fiction for StarGate Atlantis that features John and Teyla?

(I have found some for Star Trek Enterprise, featuring Captain Jonathan Archer and T'Pol being together and even having a child together, and I have even written my own Star Trek novel that spans all the series together but has Archer and T'Pol married. I have even gotten the approval from Star Trek authors on it and soon might be able to get it published.) (If I can find some good ones, I might just be able to do the same thing for StarGate Atlantis, thus I would include StarGate SG-1, StarGate Atlantis and SGU (StarGate Universe) but the main setting would be mostly Atlantis.)

jetnova16
June 14th, 2011, 12:49 PM

And no worries, everyone else :)

I can agree with that, the StarGate Atlantis Legacy Series would make a perfect Season 6 for StarGate Atlantis! Well who knows, maybe they (MGM) could turn the series into a movie, maybe it could rejuvanate the series and the franchise for them. After all, many books have been made into movies, why not these ones as well?

Libero
June 15th, 2011, 03:42 AM

I second that!

bluealien
June 16th, 2011, 01:10 AM
John and Teyla's relationship is developed in the Legacy books and its done very well.. These two have been close since day one on the show and the writers have hinted at their feelings on more than one occasion. I'm delighted that MGM have approved their ongoing relationship..

I think it would be unrealistic to have no pairings at all and unlike the writers of the show Jo Graham actually gives us a realistic relationship. But having said that their relationship doesn't detract in anyway from the action packed storylines and there is plenty to entertain everyone. :)

I'm loving the series so far and can't wait for the next book.. I also love how everyone gets equal attention and that no character is left on the sideline like in the show..

Leeta
June 16th, 2011, 04:56 AM
I am wanting to collect for the set of SG1 and SGA novels, but notice a fair few are out of print, ergo was wondering if there are any plans to republish them?
I do want the full set, but I dont fancy paying £100+ for Halcyon for example to achieve this...

If you have a kindle, or don't mind reading on your pc, you can download Halcyon as an ebook from Amazon. They have quite a few Stargate books there available electronically. It's definately ALOT cheaper than paying a couple hundred for a hard copy book.

If you really hate that pairing then you may not like these books. :o :P

John and Teyla's relationship is developed in the Legacy books and its done very well.. These two have been close since day one on the show and the writers have hinted at their feelings on more than one occasion. I'm delighted that MGM have approved their ongoing relationship..

I don't exactly ship John and Telya but I don't mind reading about it either. I could see the subtle hints in the show between her and John. And in my opinion a relationship with John would of made more sense than with Kanaan. :S

I also love how everyone gets equal attention and that no character is left on the sideline like in the show..

I very much agree. Myself being a fan of the wraith I like how the author has even given more attention to the wraith than the show has.

Jcb33
June 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
If you have a kindle, or don't mind reading on your pc, you can download Halcyon as an ebook from Amazon. They have quite a few Stargate books there available electronically. It's definately ALOT cheaper than paying a couple hundred for a hard copy book.

While true I would much sooner own them as physical books, it just feels... right I guess. I may have to consider investing in a Kindle though, but thats why I was hoping they would do a reprint of the books....

Jcb33.

bookwormjules
September 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Well, glad to hear some news about the third book. I wish they could at least hint to when it might be released.

With what some of the other posters above are saying, I'm also enjoy the books focusing on all the characters evenly. I really enjoyed the insight on the Wraith, very interesting.

Artie
September 6th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Well, glad to hear some news about the third book. I wish they could at least hint to when it might be released.

With what some of the other posters above are saying, I'm also enjoy the books focusing on all the characters evenly. I really enjoyed the insight on the Wraith, very interesting.

The third book, Allegiance, is supposed to be out in November.

Sevenofnine
September 16th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Good news at last

follow link:

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/2011/09/06/

Cheering :D:D:D

Starfist
September 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Thank you for the heads up and the link... :D

Elite Anubis Guard
September 18th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Finally! Only a 6 month wait! Thanks MGM!

Hopefully this'll result in the other novels being published quicker too.

Whytewytch
October 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Just wondering, and if I'm repeating a question, I apologize, but why are certain books in the series (for example, The Chosen & Halcyon) so expensive & others not? Are they OOP? And if so, why are the first two (Rising & Reliquary) NOT expensive? Are they back in print? Any plans for #3 & #4 to come back into print? I really want to read #3 & #4, but either way, I'll be stuck spending $100 or more for the pleasure, as I don't own a Kindle.

planet_tv
October 5th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Just wondering, and if I'm repeating a question, I apologize, but why are certain books in the series (for example, The Chosen & Halcyon) so expensive & others not? Are they OOP? And if so, why are the first two (Rising & Reliquary) NOT expensive? Are they back in print? Any plans for #3 & #4 to come back into print? I really want to read #3 & #4, but either way, I'll be stuck spending $100 or more for the pleasure, as I don't own a Kindle.

It could be the fact The Chosen and Halcyon out of print as well as all the others, SGA and SG1, that came out the same year as those and what I find odd is all the ones that came out the first year the novels were available, 2006 I think, in US and I'll assume Canada are the ones that are out of print. I don't know why I find that odd but I do. You would think it be the first novels that came that would be out print if any had to be. If you are lucky like I was maybe some gateworlder has an extra copy, you could check a used bookstore or try http://www.alibris.com/ which a gateworlder suggested to me when I was looking for the out of print novels.

Whytewytch
October 5th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks, planet! I'm keeping my eyes out in the used bookstore (yup, singular) in my area. Guess I could try yard sales, too. Will check out the website, as well. Appreciate the answer.

ETA: Alibris shows the same prices as Amazon. The cheap in me rears it's ugly head at paying $45 and up for a used book. Gonna have to go the used bookstore/yard sale route, I guess.

Artie
October 5th, 2011, 02:38 AM

If you don't own a Kindle there are free programs you can download that will let you read a Kindle version on your computer or your phone. They convert the Kindle version to plain old HTML. Don't know if that helps, but it's an option!

Whytewytch
October 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
If you don't own a Kindle there are free programs you can download that will let you read a Kindle version on your computer or your phone. They convert the Kindle version to plain old HTML. Don't know if that helps, but it's an option!

A link would help. Hint, hint... Or even the name to google. :D I've got a dumb phone, so it would have to be on the computer.

VampyreWraith
October 5th, 2011, 01:09 PM
A link would help. Hint, hint... Or even the name to google. :D I've got a dumb phone, so it would have to be on the computer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=dig_arl_box?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

Whytewytch
October 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Done! So now I can download the kindle versions of the books? Yes? :D

VampyreWraith
October 5th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Done! So now I can download the kindle versions of the books? Yes? :D

Yep :) I used the PC version to buy an SG1 book that was out of print and too expensive to want to buy used.

Artie
October 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Yep :) I used the PC version to buy an SG1 book that was out of print and too expensive to want to buy used.

Also when the new ones come out the ebook version is usually cheaper and comes out sooner! I waited forever for Amazon to ship me Sunrise -- weeks after the ebook was out. Next time I'm buying the ebook straight from the publisher.

Whytewytch
October 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM
**does her happy dance** Off to spend some money! (Hubby's eyes will roll out of his head if he ever reads this--:lol:)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 6th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Also when the new ones come out the ebook version is usually cheaper and comes out sooner! I waited forever for Amazon to ship me Sunrise -- weeks after the ebook was out. Next time I'm buying the ebook straight from the publisher.

I always order straight from Fandy. Doesn't normally take them too long.

Artie
October 7th, 2011, 03:16 AM
I always order straight from Fandy. Doesn't normally take them too long.

Yeah, Fandy is much better about delivering promptly. Last time I order from Amazon!

JMSwallow
October 22nd, 2011, 07:04 AM
Just FYI - my publishers at Fandemonium have asked me to pass on the news that Halcyon, the first Stargate Atlantis tie-in novel I wrote for them back in 2006, has finally been re-issued for sale, thanks to fan demand. The book is being made available in a new electronic edition for the Kindle eReader device, as well as in a limited edition reprint volume from online sellers The SyFy Store, via Amazon.

More info & links here (http://jmswallow.livejournal.com/132415.html) at my LJ page...

Pepino1101
October 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hi guys!

Did you know Halcyon is back in print?
for those who wanted this fine book but were unable to get your hands on one, there was an email sent yesterday that it is back in print as a limited edition for this christmas...

I got mine from amazon.com, but I saw it is also available from Amazon.co.uk

In case anybody is interested the links are:
UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1905586558
US
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905586558

hope I made your day as someone made mine :)

Happy reading...

Starfist
October 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Thank you for the Heads Up Pepino101.

Pepino1101
October 23rd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the Heads Up Pepino101.

Do you know who else might be interested to know this? im trying to help the seller by passing the word around. He told me if this goes well hell get Exogenesis out next, and im still missing that one so I want to go back in print :D

If you know of any other places where this might hit ID be grateful.

..."God speed"

Whytewytch
October 23rd, 2011, 04:31 AM
Do you know who else might be interested to know this? im trying to help the seller by passing the word around. He told me if this goes well hell get Exogenesis out next, and im still missing that one so I want to go back in print :D

If you know of any other places where this might hit ID be grateful.

..."God speed"

Maybe the actors' fan sites or the thunking threads or fan fic writing threads here? I'd also like to see the pb editions re-issued. I don't own a Kindle, but downloaded the app onto my laptop to be able to read the books that I'm missing. However, my only real uninterrupted reading time is in the bathroom (have kids & a hubby--:lol:), so the laptop would be awkward. :D Plus, I just really like actual, physical books--the smell, the feel, the sound as you turn the page. Although, the Kindle's ability to research topics from the story you're reading right then, look up words without your dictionary handy, etc was pretty cool.