This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corin in Mansquito

Y'know, I love to support my guys, but... oh, boy...

Looks like Corin's latest project is something called Mansquito. There's a website, the link for which was provided by neurofreak by way of Adele at the Corin Nemec Site.

The movie/company site is in German.

Auf seiner Flucht gerät ein Mörder in ein Genlabor, in dem Moskitos herangezüchtet werden, die gegen eine Seuche im Nil-Delta eingesetzt werden sollen. Durch einen Unfall in dem Labor wird der Mörder mit Radioaktivität und DANN-Material verseucht und mutiert in einen Moskito-Mann, der tödliche Spuren hinterlässt.

Lacking any facility for languages other than English, I ran it through BabelFish, with the usual "offness" associated:

On his escape a murderer comes into a gene laboratory, in which mosquitoes are near-bred, which are to be used against an epidemic in the Nile delta. The murderer with radioactivity and THEN material is contaminated and mutated by an accident in the laboratory into a mosquito man, who leaves deadly traces.
    So an escaped murderer (I'm guessing Corin) breaks into a gene lab studying mosquitos and does something he shouldn't resulting in his transforming into a mansquito who is probably going to be hunted down by Musetta Vander, the other star of this pic. Musetta. Shaun'auc. Wild. They were even in Changeling together... though not in the same scenes.

Thanks,Shadow.
    I've duly taken a happy little meander around the links,and viewed a clip .
    Looks like Corin plays the good guy,rather than the Mansquito,and it's an English language film.(Lucky for me,as my German is at beginner level... )
    A little squick involved,but I can live with that....I'm not just into "Happy Ever After" .I want to see it if I can !
    The film's not up on Corin's Imdb page,yet,as far as I can see,but I'm going back round the links for another look.
    (Any excuse, really ! )

Edit :
    2nd view.Not sure what Corin's playing,but he seems to be in charge of the investigation ?
    Musetta Vander : Let's just say she seems to be a researcher,who goes through a few..changes.

I think the film came out on 23 Nov 2003,on Equity films,but I'll need to do some more rooting around.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 October 2004, 10:40 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Y'know, I love to support my guys, but... oh, boy...

Looks like Corin's latest project is something called Mansquito.
      Mansquito was scheduled to be a SciFi Channel flick according to the Futon Critic in article dated back in July of 2003:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6056

But I vaguely remember reading somewhere that SciFi Channel changed their minds on this one...Oh, wait, let me check here:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue387/screen.html

Aha!

Mansquito SCI FI, to be determined
      Those pesky scientists are at it again. This one is trying to find a cure for the West Nile virus. Unfortunately she turns herself and a junkie into mutant mosquito creatures. Wouldn't she be a Womansquito instead? Another one from Nu Image.

So...still pending.

Doesn't sound too promising.

Wait -- it's a SciFi Channel MOVIE...what am I saying? NONE of them sound too promising -- and they don't disappoint.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hmmm... well, good on the non Corinsquito thing then, I guess. After the massive disappointment of David Hewlett spending 90% of his film time as a bad CGI monster.... *sigh*

And if SCIFI isn't completely sold on this one, does that mean the film is too bad even for them?? Sorry. I love Corin, I do, but why did it have to be mutants??

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Hmmm... well, good on the non Corinsquito thing then, I guess. After the massive disappointment of David Hewlett spending 90% of his film time as a bad CGI monster.... *sigh*

And if SCIFI isn't completely sold on this one, does that mean the film is too bad even for them?? Sorry. I love Corin, I do, but why did it have to be mutants??
          The movie sounds absolutely dreadful, but then virtually all hte flicks on SciFi fall into that category, which I guess is why I watched Frankenfish just to see inventive they could get in a giant mutant fish eating a bunch of nitwits

But alas, yeah, pretty bad that David Hewlett turned into a CGI so quickly into that Darklight flick.

Comment

Working...
          X