Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scary ships (the flying kind, not relationships!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary ships (the flying kind, not relationships!)

Okay, thinking back to every sci-fi series or movie you've seen, and all the ships you can remember, what starship did you think was the most intimidating or frightening?

For me, I think the Imperial Destroyers from SW were pretty cool and scary looking. Also, Ra's Hat'ak from the movie and Anubis' ship from "Full Circle" were pretty intimidating. Just imagine those hovering over the White House or something. I also thought the ships from ID4 were pretty scary in a weird kinda way. Something about them just freaked me out. Another freaky one: the Shadows' ships from Babylon 5!

The lamest ship: ET's weird Egg ship. What do you guys think? Any good ones you can remember? It can be from any series or movie.

Borg Cubes O_O

Comment

Yeah, Borg Cubes are the first thing that comes to mind...
      O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
      Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

I'll third the Borg Cube.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          Another freaky one: the Shadows' ships from Babylon 5!
          I'm going with this one, especially the accompanying shrieking that they made. Creepy.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            Borg Cubes O_O
            Dude, I totally forgot about those! Good one!

Comment

Natürlich, mein komrade!

Comment

For me, it was the Star Destroyer from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope. It wasn't how the ship looked, it was the camera angle with the "little" Rebel ship trying to outrun this massive Star Destroyer. At least that was the impression you were given. One of the coolest scenes in any movie I've ever seen.
                Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                  For me, it was the Star Destroyer from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope. It wasn't how the ship looked, it was the camera angle with the "little" Rebel ship trying to outrun this massive Star Destroyer. At least that was the impression you were given. One of the coolest scenes in any movie I've ever seen.
                  I totally agree. The massive size of the ship juxaposed with the lil rebel ship made you go: WOAH! Just picture that ship hovering over any city on Earth. Our problems here would seem ever so trivial, huh?

Or Anubis' huge ass Ha'tak!

Comment

1.Independance day ship

2. Flesh Gordons ship (not scary but sickening and gross)

3.Borg cube

4.UFO ships usually are scary since they could be real!

5.Infested Aliens ship.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Oooh BORG CUBE!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Hmm... OK, here goes:

Borg Cube - Star Trek: First Contact (scarriest in the movie)
                        Shinzon's Schimitar - Star Trek: Nemesis
                        Dominion Warship - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
                        Apophis's uber-pyramid ship - Stargate SG-1 "The Serpent's Venom"
                        Anubis's ship - Stargate SG-1 "Full Circle"

There's others, but I figured the top five would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                          Same here. That's what I first thought of when I read LA's post. The sequence made the ship menacing with its size more than its outside appearance.

Now just plain scary for me would the Shadows on B5. The Vorlons also had some interesting ships, but I guess they weren't scary until you had to actually fight them. I didn't care too much for the Mimbarri (sp?) ships.

Borg cubes were also scary because of what they carried-hundreds of Borg, imo.

What about Klinggon Birds of Prey? The whole cloking ability made them kind of scary.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Sorry to post off-topic, but since the conversations on scary ships, check out Starship Dimensions if you get a chance. Its a website devoted to displaying all kinds of space ships from all kinds of shows, and allows you to move the ships around and compare them to one another in terms of size. I've spent hours on this site, so I figured I'd pass it on.
                            Unfortunately, they've only got one or two StarGate ships thus far, but I'm hoping it'll get updated eventually with the rest.

My pick for most "scary" ship would be the Discovery from 2001. That damn Hal was a psycho I tells ya!
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I'd have to say Shadow ships from B5 and the Super Star Destroyer in Empire Strikes Back. The shot where it completely covers the normal Star Destroyer in shadow is awesome...

Comment

Working...
                              X