This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aschen vs Tollan vs Hebridan

As far as I can tell these three races seem to be very near each other in technology. I'm not saying who would win in a war (even though I'm sure it will come up by someone) but comparing the technology of each of them who is more advanced in terms of technology

vs

vs
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

1) Tollan
    2) Hebridan
    3) Aschen
    sigpic

Comment

Aschen (Seems like they would attack first, or very sneakily)
      Tollan (Technology seems very limited)
      Hebridian (Not particularly impressive, i believe they got their asses handed to them by the Ori though)
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
        Aschen (Seems like they would attack first, or very sneakily)
        Tollan (Technology seems very limited)
        Hebridian (Not particularly impressive, i believe they got their asses handed to them by the Ori though)
        Who hasn't gotten their asses handed to them by the Ori?
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Nice thread fugi, green.

Now, what kind of tech are we talking about? These are mostly assumptions, but...

Propulsion tech:
          1.) Hebridian
          2.) Tollan
          3.) Aschen (primitive)

Weapons:
          1 & 2.) Aschen/Tollan
          3.) Hebridian

Computing:
          1.) Aschen
          2.) Tollan
          3.) Hebridian

Agricultural:
          1.) Tollan
          2.) Aschen
          3.) Hebridian

Medical/Biological:
          1.) Tollan
          2.) Aschen
          3.) Hebridian

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I wish that Earth would recover some Ion Cannons, because they'd be beautiful for fighting the Wraith.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

In a war, well a war wouldn't happen. Assuming all of the races are around, the Tollan rebuilt another homeworld; the Hebridians were liberated by the SGC crew using the Odyssey; and the Aschen survived the Black Hole, I am having trouble thinking of a way for them to have a war...
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
              In a war, well a war wouldn't happen. Assuming all of the races are around, the Tollan rebuilt another homeworld; the Hebridians were liberated by the SGC crew using the Odyssey; and the Aschen survived the Black Hole, I am having trouble thinking of a way for them to have a war...
              Pre-destruction how about

Lets say before the Black Hole, Anubis, and the Ori shall we
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

Nice thread fugi, green.

Agricultural:
                1.) Tollan
                2.) Aschen
                3.) Hebridian
                I disagree I think the Aschen have better Agricltural technology then that of the Tollan but very good list
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  I disagree I think the Aschen have better Agricltural technology then that of the Tollan but very good list
                  Well it's an assumption. My reasoning is, the Aschen went through the efforts to overtake planets & develop large-scale machinery to farm. The Tollan don't seem to even bother themselves with farming, I was assuming that they are fully automated.

The Aschen needed several planets worth of farming land, and slaves to farm them, where the Tollan only have a single planet, and don't seem to even worry about food.
                  sigpic
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well it's an assumption. My reasoning is, the Aschen went through the efforts to overtake planets & develop large-scale machinery to farm. The Tollan don't seem to even bother themselves with farming, I was assuming that they are fully automated.
                    Well I guess I prefer slave labor over machine laber
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

But why don't any of these races seem to have good hyperspace drives? I mean if we could make one why couldn't they?
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Haven't come by one?

It is also tactical position. Space-wise from what we have seen, is that the Herbidians actually do have a capable space-fleet, whilst the Tollan are a totally defensive race and the Ashen prefer to attack via subterfuge.

It would be interesting to see however who could outsmart who.
                        Disliked a recent episode?
                        Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                        The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                          Haven't come by one?

It is also tactical position. Space-wise from what we have seen, is that the Herbidians actually do have a capable space-fleet, whilst the Tollan are a totally defensive race and the Ashen prefer to attack via subterfuge.

It would be intresting to see who could out smart who

Of course the Aschen are at a huge disadvantage because the other two races don't need there anti-aging pill so they would have to actually use tactics to win
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                            Haven't come by one?

The Aschen somehow outmatched the Goa'uld, so they have some form of traditional military.

As for the hyperdrives... Well from the major races we've seen using them, it's possible that the Ancients were the only race to ever invent them, let's examine:

1.) Ori - the Alteran scientists designed them before the schism.
                            2.) Goa'uld - all of their tech is stolen; stole & poorly replicated Ancient hyperdrives
                            3.) Asgard - didn't have hyperdrive tech until recently, used to use stasis. They were conventionally taught by the Ancients, and then they started decoding the Ancient repository of knowledge. COuld've gotten the schematics from them.
                            4.) Wraith - stole every thing from the Lanteans, down to their language and even their genes. Poorly replicated Ancient tech.
                            5.) MW replicators - from Asgard from Ancients.
                            6.) Jaffa - from Goa'uld from Ancients.
                            7.) Asurans - from Lanteans, all their tech is Lantean.
                            8.) Travelers - scavenged Lantean tech.
                            Last edited by Ripple in Space; 27 November 2007, 10:43 PM.
                            sigpic
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

I believe the Serrakin would come out the eventual winner of any war. Mostly because they seem to have a developed sense of space travel, and the Tollan/Aschen seem to have little in the way of ship propulsion.

They also have a capitalist society, which would be more flexible to address a threat as well as more able to wage war, wealth always being a major factor (see U.S. vs USSR).

The Tollans are tactically inept, moreso than the Ancients. The belief that a defensive network of Ion Cannons was infallible reminds on of the Maginot Line employed by the French in WWII- like the Goa'uld, the Germans used their aircraft to render the defenses impotent. At this point the Tollans had no backup plan, and I beleive they are totally ill-equipped to handle Murphy's Law and war's personifcation of it.

The Aschen, like the Goa'uld, use slave labor. This presents a problem as protracted war runs the risk of an uprising. Should this occur, Aschen society will crumble.

I beleive the Serrakin/Hebridans have both the greatest assets and the fewest weaknesses, and see fit to expect them as winners.

Between the Tollan and the Aschen, I will give more points to the Aschen because their greatest skill (trickery) is also the Tollans largest vulnerability.

Comment

Working...
                              X