This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Question

what would happen to you if you walked into the event horizon from behind the gate?
    sigpic
    Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Same thing as if you walked into an incoming worlhole.

You die

Go Green

Comment

As far as I know it hasn't been explained on the show

Comment

Originally posted by gavo2o View Post
        As far as I know it hasn't been explained on the show
        Joe MAllozzi said that you would simply walk through it unscathed and come out the other side. (ie just like walking through a door way and going in to another room.)
        sigpic
        i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
          Joe MAllozzi said that you would simply walk through it unscathed and come out the other side. (ie just like walking through a door way and going in to another room.)
          Yeah I agree... I came across that statement somewhere... if you walked into a fully formed event horizon of a incoming wormhole (the front when the puddle has settled) I think you would be vapourised though.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
            Yeah I agree... I came across that statement somewhere... if you walked into a fully formed event horizon of a incoming wormhole (the front when the puddle has settled) I think you would be vapourised though.
            You just cease to exist...
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

i asumed u would just walk out the back of the other gate, which episode was the vaporisation thing mentioned?

Comment

If it is an incoming wormhole, you can walk through the front of it. you would just not exist.

I suppose same thing would happen if you walked through the back of any wormhole..

Go Green

Comment

then how come shepard is sen firing into an incomin wormhole in Suspicions

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    then how come shepard is sen firing into an incomin wormhole in Suspicions
                    Maybe he was hoping to catch the enemy as it/he stepped out of the gate? sorry can't remember off hand the episode you mentioned... he was shooting at what they described as a T-rex right?

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
                      what would happen to you if you walked into the event horizon from behind the gate?
                      A rift is formed in time/space, from which emerges a ham sandwich of epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                        A rift is formed in time/space, from which emerges a ham sandwich of epic proportions.
                        ha ha. that sounds good. try it some time and bring me back one.
                        sigpic

Comment

You exit through the back of the destination if it's an outgoing wormhole. If it's incoming you die.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Just a guess here because it hasn't been observed in the show, but I believe that if someone walks into the event horizon of an incoming wormhole this will happen:
                            1: You will dematerialize.
                            2: You will walk back through the gate (same place and speed of walking) because (since matter streams can only travel in one direction in a wormhole, the dematerialized person, who is temporarily stored in the stargate's buffer, can not travel the wrong direction in the wormhole and therefore the stargate rematerializes the person just as it would anyone walking into the stargate from the connected planet.)

This leads me to believe it would perhaps do the same thing with, perhaps, bullets being fired into an incoming wormhole. I don't believe it has ever been done in the show, but if any air force dude does this they might have a surprise coming. Or maybe the stargate is smart enough to only rematerialize living beings, since we know that the stargate can differentiate between living and inanimate (Prototype).

When someone shoots an energy weapon into the stargate however, which we have seen, I believe produces no result because the energy is simply absorbed into the massive capacitor that is the stargate.

What do you think?

Comment

sure, why not? ur a genius
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X