X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing an Ori ship

The Jaffa had the right idea.

From the lack of progress made on weapon upgrades on the Apollo, it is evident that the Earth ships wont be getting weapon upgrade any time soon.

Minus a ZPM to increase shield strength, likely the Ori ship is equivalent to the Odyssey in power. We know the Odyssey was toast against 2 Ori ships.

We do not need to get our hands on inferior Ancient or Wraith tech, what we need is to get the best: Ori tech.

... The odyssey ripped up like 3 ori ships when its shields were already at half because it decided to retreat before it decided to fight. we already have better technology than the Ori, we have Atlantis. The Ori have never shown themselves to be better than the Ancients.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The Ori ships and fighters do not use the Ancient type ZPM it is true, but it is likely they use something similar. We have seen parts of their power system, iirc it was a crytal surrounded by rotating rings in a large white room. We saw something similar on top of the defence satelite in Ethon. The ring in the centre of the Ori ships with the glowing ball are part of it. What it is is anybodies guess, subspace tap, zpm, etc, but it provides plenty of power.

There is nothing inferior about Ancient tech, the drones can I understand pass through the Ori sheilds, although I have never seen this so don't know where this info derives from. Put it another way, they are as powerful as the writers decide on a whim to make them.

Comment

The ori tech derives from ancient tech because they were the same race at 1 point thats why some of their tech looks very similar, take the control panels on an ori ship compared to the ones on an aurora class as an example.
        There is nothing inferior about Ancient tech, the drones can I understand pass through the Ori sheilds, although I have never seen this so don't know where this info derives from. Put it another way, they are as powerful as the writers decide on a whim to make them.
        This isn't true in the episode (I don't know the name) where Carter gets sent to an alternate reality they need to destroy an ori ship and it took a lot of thier drones, the point is they didn't pass through the shield.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
          The ori tech derives from ancient tech because they were the same race at 1 point thats why some of their tech looks very similar, take the control panels on an ori ship compared to the ones on an aurora class as an example.

This isn't true in the episode (I don't know the name) where Carter gets sent to an alternate reality they need to destroy an ori ship and it took a lot of thier drones, the point is they didn't pass through the shield.
          Not true. The line was "we fought it off", which could mean either they destroyed it or forced it to retreat or else it would've been destroyed.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
            ... The odyssey ripped up like 3 ori ships when its shields were already at half because it decided to retreat before it decided to fight. we already have better technology than the Ori, we have Atlantis. The Ori have never shown themselves to be better than the Ancients.
            It only ripped up 2 ships and one of them we didn't even see if it was destroyed. The first ship basically just sat there and took the fire, same with the second, it's a dumb move TPTB use to try and make Earth look good. I don't think we have better technology than the Ori, the Ori beams were doing as much damage to the Oddy as the Oddy's beams were doing to the Ori ship, it's just the Oddy didn't sit there and take it, they actually used tactics. The Only thing Atlantis has over the Ori is it's shield, nothing else has been shown to be better. Same with all Ancient tech compared to Ori, nothing has shown to be better, on the same level but not better. IMO the whole unending thing was dumb, the Ori sat there and took the fire, they didn't even use their secondary fire to shoot at the Oddy when it flew behind them, again just TPTB trying to make earth look good but I'm not going to go into that .

I do think Ori ships would be a massive asset to our fleet, they would definately rival the Asurans might even be better than them and do alot of damage to the Wraith.

Comment

As said before no one can say with 100% guaranteed that the Ori ships are more powerful than Ancients and Wraith weapons are weaker but they are not that far behind in terms of power. Bottom line is that in The Road not chosen ancent tech won, thus proving that Ancient tech is superior to Ori tech.

The upgrades i assume are the ones we got in Unending. Yes its been some time since we heard about them but its not fair to say they wont be implemented on souther ships because we didn't see it on the Apollo. The Apollo may have had time to be upgraded but it was sent to Atlantis urgently to destroy the replicator ships. Presumably we could assume both the ships are being upgraded now, because we do know they both are upgraded by the mid season parter.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                As said before no one can say with 100% guaranteed that the Ori ships are more powerful than Ancients and Wraith weapons are weaker but they are not that far behind in terms of power. Bottom line is that in The Road not chosen ancent tech won, thus proving that Ancient tech is superior to Ori tech.
                Sorry but you can't prove it the other way either. I don't see how you come to the conclusion that ancient tech is superior based on TRNT. Put this scenario in your mind, an Aurora and Ori ship meet in space and battle, the Ori ships beam destroys the Aurora before the Aurora's drones can destroy the Ori ship, so by your logic that would make Ori tech instantly superior, no?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  It only ripped up 2 ships and one of them we didn't even see if it was destroyed. The first ship basically just sat there and took the fire, same with the second, it's a dumb move TPTB use to try and make Earth look good. I don't think we have better technology than the Ori, the Ori beams were doing as much damage to the Oddy as the Oddy's beams were doing to the Ori ship, it's just the Oddy didn't sit there and take it, they actually used tactics. The Only thing Atlantis has over the Ori is it's shield, nothing else has been shown to be better. Same with all Ancient tech compared to Ori, nothing has shown to be better, on the same level but not better. IMO the whole unending thing was dumb, the Ori sat there and took the fire, they didn't even use their secondary fire to shoot at the Oddy when it flew behind them, again just TPTB trying to make earth look good but I'm not going to go into that .

I do think Ori ships would be a massive asset to our fleet, they would definately rival the Asurans might even be better than them and do alot of damage to the Wraith.
                  Oddy is ALOT smaller then the ori ship..

Think of the ori ship as a tank and the oddy as you with a super powerful gun.
                  Yja tanks turret can only turn sof ast, you are more manuravable, and a smaller target

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                    Oddy is ALOT smaller then the ori ship..

Think of the ori ship as a tank and the oddy as you with a super powerful gun.
                    Yja tanks turret can only turn sof ast, you are more manuravable, and a smaller target
                    Yeah but what about the secondary fire that can be used to take out targets behind the ships? Besides my point is that the Ori ships didn't even attempt to move, they sat in one spot and took the fire, we know they can move fast, we saw it in 'Flesh and Blood'

Comment

Unending, while being totaly cool, seemd liek something out of DS9, but wiht way better graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Unending, while being totaly cool, seemd liek something out of DS9, but wiht way better graphics.
                        Could you explain what you mean to a non DS9 viewer? .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          Could you explain what you mean to a non DS9 viewer? .
                          that makes 2 of us, but i saw a battle on youtube, and the defiant is really obsesed about flying circles around enemy ships and shooting at them at the same time
                          do i make sense?

Comment

The reason why the Ori ship just sat there and took it was because the Oddy was using it's new weapons on it and it had never been in a sitution of volunerbility and the Ori were caught totally off guard.

And trying to figure out who has better tech with Ori vs lantean is not even worth it. A auora class vessal is designed to fight the Wraith not Ori, And the toliet blaster is designed to convert, or in other words shock and aww, its not built to battle an advanced enemy like the Ancients and then likewise.

Comment

Mabye the ori ships were moving..

In space, movement is reletive

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                              X