This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Futurama DVD

Futurama: Bender's Big Score Out Nov 27th.
    Link: http://dvd.ign.com/objects/954/954394.html
    When the Fox Network stopped ordering episodes of Futurama in 2003, fans lamented the decision. The series, created by Matt Groening of The Simpsons fame, lasted 72 episodes, but its erratic scheduling made it hard for viewers to keep track of airings.

However, fans rejoiced when Cartoon Network acquired rights to air the show and hoped that new episodes would soon follow. Although Comedy Central won rights to air the show for 2008 and beyond, its popularity in cable inspired the old crew to gather together to create new episodes to first be released on DVD, and later aired on Comedy Central.

The first of the DVDs, Bender's Big Score, continues the tradition of the sci-fi spoof. Featured in the film are TIE Fighters, solid gold Death Stars and more. Mark Hamill also makes an appearance as the voice of the Chanukah Zombie.

Three other original DVDs will be released in 2008.

Bender's Big Score hits the shelves Tuesday November 27.
    Thanks to TFN for the heads up.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

The first movie has already been leaked.

It's great to have Futurama back. It's just more proof that a strong fanbase can make a difference. I'm hoping that all 4 movies (in dvd or tv episode format) will be just as great as the original show.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      The first movie has already been leaked.

It's great to have Futurama back. It's just more proof that a strong fanbase can make a difference. I'm hoping that all 4 movies (in dvd or tv episode format) will be just as great as the original show.
      I'm hoping the exact same thing. I really hope they live up to what the show was.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm watching it right now and it's great. DVD will be a perfect christmas present...FOR ME!!!
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

I saw it too! It's basically a longer, better, and quicker-paced episode. I thought it was amazing! And:

Spoiler:
          The way it ends, makes me think the writers are going to bring back The Brain Spawn!!!
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
            I saw it too! It's basically a longer, better, and quicker-paced episode. I thought it was amazing! And:

Spoiler:
            The way it ends, makes me think the writers are going to bring back The Brain Spawn!!!
            Really, that sounds great. I can't wait to see this thing.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm not sure if I'll rent this one, or just wait for Comedy Central to air the eps for free. I really want to see it though... so I might be stopping by Blockbuster.

Comment

this is great news! Futurama is just awesome! can't wait
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ok, I just saw it.

Umm...for those who aren't planning to buy it but to wait it out? DON'T. BUY IT. DOWNLOAD IT. DO ANYTHING TO GET IT NOW BEFORE YOU'RE SPOILED.

Speaking of spoiled...

Spoiler:
                  WOW. That's all I can say. It's...I mean...it's just...

During the best of times, Futurama can make you laugh, scream, cry, melt (emotionally), and gasp all within the same 30 minutes. "Bender's Big Score" truly takes that to a whole other level. If you thought the series was good; you haven't seen anything yet. The fact that TPTB gets an hour and a half to do a biiig story like this was genius on somebody's part. Everyone (and then some) get their moment to shine, and the plot is thicker than Leela's hair is purple. Perhaps it's just that I haven't seen new Futurama for so long, but this was some of the best television I've seen in a...EVER.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for you, because there are a great many twists within this story that, to get spoiled on, would be truly cruel and unusual punishment. Suffice it to say, watch for the humor (both VERY sophisticated and toilet, so the best of both worlds), mind-blowing revelations, and emotional moments that can make you misty eyed from the series, but done on a much bigger and better scale. Also prepare for quite a few returning guests and hidden details that will sure to please you for years to come as you watch it over and over again, each time discovering new bits you've missed.

So...when's the next one coming out?!

EDIT: Oh, I can't believe I forgot...

Spoiler:
                  The animation! My God, I don't remember it being this smooth and seamless on the series! Every transition, every movement, every pan, every shot - expertly done. There are several sequences near the end that easily rivals or even bests CGI you see in the theatres; I'm not joking. I suppose it's a testiment to the strength of the story that I talked about that first and foremost before realizing that, for all its greatness in storytelling, it's also a cartoon. Yeah, you know what? Normal kids won't get this stuff. It's just too deep. You really need an adult brain in order to understand both the humor and the emotional depth of both the series and this movie. It's just THAT good.
                  Last edited by PG15; 25 November 2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

This movie is brilliant, funniest thing you´ll see this year by a wide margin!

This show deservers to get a new season order in addition to the movies coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Ok, I just saw it.

Umm...for those who aren't planning to buy it but to wait it out? DON'T. BUY IT. DOWNLOAD IT. DO ANYTHING TO GET IT NOW BEFORE YOU'RE SPOILED.

Speaking of spoiled...

Spoiler:
                      WOW. That's all I can say. It's...I mean...it's just...

During the best of times, Futurama can make you laugh, scream, cry, melt (emotionally), and gasp all within the same 30 minutes. "Bender's Big Score" truly takes that to a whole other level. If you thought the series was good; you haven't seen anything yet. The fact that TPTB gets an hour and a half to do a biiig story like this was genius on somebody's part. Everyone (and then some) get their moment to shine, and the plot is thicker than Leela's hair is purple. Perhaps it's just that I haven't seen new Futurama for so long, but this was some of the best television I've seen in a...EVER.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for you, because there are a great many twists within this story that, to get spoiled on, would be truly cruel and unusual punishment. Suffice it to say, watch for the humor (both VERY sophisticated and toilet, so the best of both worlds), mind-blowing revelations, and emotional moments that can make you misty eyed from the series, but done on a much bigger and better scale. Also prepare for quite a few returning guests and hidden details that will sure to please you for years to come as you watch it over and over again, each time discovering new bits you've missed.

So...when's the next one coming out?!

EDIT: Oh, I can't believe I forgot...

Spoiler:
                      The animation! My God, I don't remember it being this smooth and seamless on the series! Every transition, every movement, every pan, every shot - expertly done. There are several sequences near the end that easily rivals or even bests CGI you see in the theatres; I'm not joking. I suppose it's a testiment to the strength of the story that I talked about that first and foremost before realizing that, for all its greatness in storytelling, it's also a cartoon. Yeah, you know what? Normal kids won't get this stuff. It's just too deep. You really need an adult brain in order to understand both the humor and the emotional depth of both the series and this movie. It's just THAT good.
                      I agree. It was thousand times better than Simpsons:The movie.
                      I will buy this DVD.

here's a question
                      Spoiler:
                      why did the God send them the time sphere? Didn't he know it will destroy the universe? Why did He do it? I hope there's a purpose for this which TPTB will explain in the next DVD
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        I agree. It was thousand times better than Simpsons:The movie.
                        I will buy this DVD.

here's a question
                        Spoiler:
                        why did the God send them the time sphere? Didn't he know it will destroy the universe? Why did He do it? I hope there's a purpose for this which TPTB will explain in the next DVD
                        Spoiler:
                        He didn't. God seemed confused when the sphere was sent. It was more like an automated program because God is part computer.

I always thought the people in Futurama were stupid at times, but my god were they stupid in this one, way beyond Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin stupid.

They took spam mail in real life and just showed how incredbily annoying and destructive it can be if you're stupid enough to get caught up in email spam, I loved it. I must admit though that the scammers were the most annoying, and I mean really annoying, characters ever created.

I'm looking forward to the next movie (no date announced, just 2008). I loved Nibbler getting more active but I hated the incontinuity of people not knowing like he wiped their brains off screen. I am looking forward to the episode versions, as i've heard they are supposed to get more footage added to them (to make the episode format fit better). I'm always surprised at just how much Al Gore is made fun of, and he's always involved as himself which just makes it better. Especially when he's flying around in his head ship.

Definitely better than The Family Guy movie, but I think The Simpsons movie was better (those scammers were that annoying).

sigpic

Comment

Let's not try to make sense of this horrible plot. Time travel shouldn't be done, it's terrible. There are several issues with the movie, dumbing down Nibbler is one of them.

The jokes are great, the bad guys and plot aren't.

Still better than the so called Family Guy movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                            Let's not try to make sense of this horrible plot. Time travel shouldn't be done, it's terrible. There are several issues with the movie, dumbing down Nibbler is one of them.

The jokes are great, the bad guys and plot aren't.

Still better than the so called Family Guy movie.
                            I loved the time travel aspect.

Spoiler:
                            I had always hoped that at some point during the show Fry's family would learn the truth. This was just as good an alternative as Fry was there with his family, there with his dog and able to life out his life. It's just unfortunate that they didn't learn the truth when he decided to go refreeze himself.

That said, I did think the whole Bender going back in time thing was a bit much. It was great seeing that Bender was once responsible for the destruction of a New York (during his original freeze) but they didn't really try to contain the time line but chances are in the next one everything will be back to normal.

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to say that
                              Spoiler:
                              the scene where copy-Fry breaks down and cries up a storm after looking at Leela and Lars's photograph was one of the most emotionally raw scenes I've ever seen. Billy West did a great job with that. Poor Fry...

And I loved the time travel stuff too. If the episode can confuse me that much and yet still have everything make sense at the end, I'd think it did a good job. AS far as I'm concerned, Futurama has always done time travel stories with exceptional skill and humor, and this was no different.

Speaking of humor...

Spoiler:
                              The joke Bender made during part 4 when they were on Neptune, where he says that his systems were working at peak efficiency due to the cold...was that a nod towards superconductors? Because if it were...wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X