302 bay on the Prometheus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

302 bay on the Prometheus?

THey showed Cam and a bunch of other pilots mounting up in some flashbacks, but I don't recall them ever showing 302's leaving the Prometheus. Did it in fact have a 302 bay? If so, where was it on the ship?

there was one it was mentioned in Prometheus when Oniell and Tealc took a death glider to it to sneak on board. Major Davis said to fly under the ship and enter there because the sensors were not complete yet.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        Thanks for uploading this pic... I always thought those extensions were the fighter bays...

Comment

We saw them using 302's in 'Ethon', which was the ep Prometheus was destroyed in.

We also saw them talking about it in 'Lost City', where Hammond said they couldn't take their 302's back aboard after they had expended all their ordnance!

Prometheus was built to carry 8 302's!

Comment

I thought that the promethius had a 302 bay on the foward section and the two at the rear were originaly to do with the hyperdrive but later converted into a hanger

Comment

This was, I seem to recall, a special effects stuff up. Go back to when we first saw the Promethus rising out of the ground with the soldiers next to it. In that shot it was about the size of a modern destroyer. Now look at this one, it is massively larger, the side hangers are bigger than the ones on the 304, and these 2 hangers carry a total of 8 302s, lol. Remember the shot of the Prom in Grace or parked under an O'Neil class where it was drawfed by the O'Ns landing pad, does this ship look that small. This shot puts the ship in the 800m+ size range, almost 3 times longer than a Nimitz, and over 400m wide. (the 302 has a span of about 18m) No, this is a goof. I note additional superstucture in front of the bridge as well, that was supposed to be the location of one hanger, and another in the nose.

The views of the propulsion system on the monitors show these pods as part of the hyperdrive system, the 304s have them as well, mounted between the hangers and the hull at the bottom.
              Last edited by EnigmaNZ; 22 November 2007, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally, those were the hyperdrive engines, look at older screenshots, then they decided to change them in season 9 to be F-302 bays.

Vala,

Comment

in the original designs of prometheus the hanger bay was suposed to be in the centre of the ship on top.......someone could probably describe where i mean better. Then in ethon they kind of messed up a bit but the easiest explanation canon wise is that it was refitted and the hyperdrive engines were converted into hanger bays.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

they said in the show that the final Asgard upgrades included better hyperdrive capability, which left the big pods empty. So the tauri converted it to hanger bays.

Originally it had 2 hanger bays, one in the neck and one under the command center, but we never seen ships come out of either.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Don't forget that the 304s don't have to have "field emission screens" (those blue glowy things that operate in hyperspace) on both fore and aft like Prometheus used to have. This would be the plot-worth explanation atleast.
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                        I love that shot, prommie looked so good in it's last appearance .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          I love that shot, prommie looked so good in it's last appearance .
                          Yeah you can tell they gave the CG Model a little spit polish for it's second to last appearance.

Comment

a totally different person modeled the enthon prometheus.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally the two 'pods' on the side were hyperdrive engines & the 302 bay was in the centre forward part of the prometheous according to cross section pictures. Later the hyperdrive was put in the main part of the ship & the 'pods' became hangers, they carried 4 302's each at any time the prometheous supposedly carried 8 302's.

The hyperdrive was possibly moved because, as the prometheous had been continually upgraded they had got a smaller hyperdrive engine or they only needed one engine after an upgrade so they moved it to the ship & convered the old hyperdrive holding pods into hangers.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Working...
                              X