This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real roots of the replicators.

I hope this hasn't been posted before (couldn't find anything though), but as
    robotics evolve; it now seems that we have to change our ideas about the origin of the replicators.

Recently their "father" gave an explanation and a demonstration. For those interested, you can watch the six minute vid here: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/165

So, basically...
    The Replicators were created by man... (No Ancient involvement whatsoever)
    They will probably evolve... (say, into something with more block shaped parts)
    They can learn and adapt... (go watch the movie and see for yourself)
    There probably are (many) copies... (just in case the prototype shuts down)
    And they might get a plan... some day (e.g. jump from reality to the stargate universe and get the party started)

What happened on your favorite scifi show, may happen again.
    Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
    ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
    cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

CONFUSING REAL LIFE AND A TV SHOW IS A GREAT WAY OF EARNING RESPECT ON THE INTERNETS. a+

Comment

More thorough analysis:

Origin of Replicators in Stargate: Ancients
      Real Life issue: Self-aware Robots
      Origina of Replicators in Stargate: Still Ancients

ZOMG ROOTS NO CHANGEY

Comment

this is good,but the replicators whor build bi the ancient first
        but did the ancient build it first or andre in season 5 of sg-1

Comment

The ancients did it first. I don't know how you can possibly ask this question anymore, especially after seasons 3 and 4 of Atlantis.

Comment

yes you are proplaple right but it is never said that the ancient build them first they startet the nano experamend when the WRAITH had startet to win allmost every battle in that war, but the race that andre was from was very atvanst and praplaple had be in atvanst for many 1000 of years so andre chould have build it first
            but i thing that the ancient did it

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak
              yes you are proplaple right but it is never said that the ancient build them first they startet the nano experamend when the WRAITH had startet to win allmost every battle in that war, but the race that andre was from was very atvanst and praplaple had be in atvanst for many 1000 of years so andre chould have build it first
              ever heard of a dickcheneyry ?

Comment

i do think he mean it as a JOKE.

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
                  To quote a certain SG-member: "Ya think?!"
                  Just when you believe it can't be more obvious...
                  people slap you in the face with their naivety.
                  (For those who still don't get the irony: of course I was joking!)
                  Last edited by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer); 20 November 2007, 03:28 PM.
                  Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                  ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                  cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
                    Well english might not be his first language.
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Is that a high five or something?
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I sure hope so, although the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that has connections with a dog and a lamp post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                          I sure hope so, although the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that has connections with a dog and a lamp post.
                          That would explain that big puddle under it.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            That would explain that big puddle under it.
                            Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I love it the only worthwhile post on this page!!

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                              this is good,but the replicators whor build bi the ancient first
                              but did the ancient build it first or andre in season 5 of sg-1
                              Who the bloody hell is andre?

Do you mean Reese?!?

This is the timeline of Replicator technology as I see it.

Ancients create Asurans.

One of the Ancients who returns to Earth ends up on another planet and builds himself a bootiful robot daughter. He uses Asuran-like nanites in her repair systems and gives her everything she needs to be able to use it.

Reese builds the original Replicators as toys, as no one wants to play with a robot. She teaches them to protect themselves and to replicate.

The people of said planet turn on her father and as she tries to defend him with the Replicators. She loses control and they go on a killing spree and kill everyone on the planet before leaving.

Replicators invade Ida and start kicking the Asgard's little grey butts.

Eventually the Replicators discover neutronium and the ability to reproduce Reese's nanites. They create the first human-form Replicator in the image of a man (possibly her father).

We all know what happens from this point on.

So indirectly the Ancients are kind of responsible for the Replicators, but I don't think we can really blame this one on them (for once)

Comment

Working...
                              X