This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactic Maps-SG1/ATLANTAS

I've seen for the STAR WARS and STAR TREK univurse maps of the galaxy showing distances and locations of each planet visited. And i was wondering... Are there any Galactic maps for the Milky Way or Pegasus Galaxy?
    Pure.

nope, other than fan made, which I heard of, but actually never seen, thing is an SG1 SGA star map would be so cool, to see the location of all the gated world in close proximity and non proximity to Earth, unlike the Trek maps, which were published, SG1 and SGA dosen't need to take that much detail to the locations of the worlds SG1 visited, because they could be anywhere, and were rarely ascosiated with any nearby planets, I think planets of interest would have to be off the top of my head:

Serrakin, Hebbradan, these two worlds would be in close proximity to each other, since the scaly Serrakin saved the Hebbridans from the Goa'uld.

Blackhole planet, Forgive my ignorance to the exact stellar title of PX-? the location of that planet and the blackhole has been the tool used in a few subsequent episodes.

Goa'uld territory, the different areas of the system lords, who controlled what planets, I bet many planets visted and some we knew where in the territory of the Goa'uld.

Route of Anciet ships to and from Atlantica (the planet)

The location of hive ships, and their routes to atlantis, or their rout of cullings on other worlds.

The Aschen confederation

The Tollan homeworld/Nox
    sigpic
    In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

I'd love for an official maps book or something.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The star map in the control room could be used as a reference but unfortunately, it only covers a small area of the galaxy with close proximity to Earth.

Vala,

Comment

How about the Galaxy map Jacob had? Not sure if that was detailed though, might've just been pictures, no identification on the planets/systems.

Comment

Originally posted by PureMarksman View Post
            I've seen for the STAR WARS and STAR TREK univurse maps of the galaxy showing distances and locations of each planet visited. And i was wondering... Are there any Galactic maps for the Milky Way or Pegasus Galaxy?
            I suppose if you HAD ALOT OF FREAKING FREE TIME you could go thru ep by ep and look where they put the little red dots on that window/screen galatic map in the sgc by hammonds office, but that seems like a absurd amnt of work...

Comment

Looks like my only hope is to go through ep by ep as suggested...
              But if any one does manage to digg one up please post it i only need because ive been playing a RPG with friends.
              Pure.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                I suppose if you HAD ALOT OF FREAKING FREE TIME you could go thru ep by ep and look where they put the little red dots on that window/screen galatic map in the sgc by hammonds office, but that seems like a absurd amnt of work...
                What about the various pictures of the whole star map from the old Gatecon set tours? I have been able to make out every planet mentioned on the map in addition to the pics I took myself when I went to Vancouver this year. There aren't very many planets on there but a few key planets from several episodes are mentioned.

Vala,

Comment

I agree, a stargate galaxy map would be great to have made and buy..

Comment

You might be able to show the locations of planets in the Milky Way and Pegasus, but you wouldn't be able to use the coordinate system and have it all work correctly.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Not sure it's accurate but I found this:
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I thought Abydos was one of the closest to earth. I might be wrong, if it is that map is wrong.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Poubelle Man View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Nice. Not many systems listed, but I like the idea. Is it from the Stargate MMO or is it just something a fan made?

I know the Star Trek Star Charts were a big financial failure, so if we're ever to see an "official" map of the Stargate galaxies, it would have to be in the Stargate Worlds MMO, since it's unlikely (at best) that a book of Stargate maps would be viable for a publisher.
                          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Definitely not accurate.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              #1: Inaccurate, among others Abydos is said in canon to be closest to Earth and therefore wasnt effected as much by the stellar drift over the 10'000 years that's passed since the Ancients were around.

#2: That pic is from the Nexus: The Jupiter Incident map maker. I know this because I did extensive modding on that game. The map maker is really good on making detailed starsystems, but the game itself had some serious flaws that made modding quite difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X