Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other weapon possibilities to use against Asurans...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other weapon possibilities to use against Asurans...

1. In "Hot Zone" Atlantis used the EMP discharge from a Naquadha generator to deactivate the nanite virus which the Asurans created. Can EMP pulses disrupt or render some Asuran tech useless? I think it is most likely that they can but only for a short while.

2. Also I guess conventional methods work too. Because when a Asuran ship is destroyed no Asurans are alive that we know of and it is unlikely that any survived the nuclear blasts of the attacks in first strike. To further prove this theory, the Ancients used drones to destroy the Asurans in their efforts to wipe them out (Progeny). I guess that conventional weapons will work they just need to be powerful enough to destroy the replicators.
    sigpic

3. The anti replicator satellite disruptor will only be effective if they only have to use it a few times.

4. Maybe if Mckay can rewrite the replicator base code completely and fix all the flaws to make the replicators more like humans then the Asurans would be more useful and less hostile. I don't think deactivating the code will suffice for forever. McKay could use the laws the Ancients put in place but he could probably also add in a few laws to make them more human friendly, more like the Ancients in personality and less like the wraith.
    sigpic

Comment

They should fill glass super soaker with some sort of ruthless acid...

Comment

I'm not sure why they haven't employed the Asgard anti-replicator satellite against the Asurans. It's supposed to be able to get an entire planet in one shot.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
          I'm not sure why they haven't employed the Asgard anti-replicator satellite against the Asurans. It's supposed to be able to get an entire planet in one shot.
          They're dead so I don't think we can use that any time soon
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
            Well they need to make sure that all Reps are on the planet then they can fire it.

And i doubt that Acid will work, such they seem to be made out of some tough stuff.

I would use that rock discingrator they use in the Core, you know the movie that they travel to the middle of the Earth to fix what the goverment *****ed up. But that weapon is not real, but if it was, I would use it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
              They're dead so I don't think we can use that any time soon
              He was refering to the one we built, they mention it in first strike.

Comment

-Send Camulus' tainted ZPM they've still got through th bridge to pegasus.

-Put it in a cloaked puddle jumper

-Drop off that puddle jumper at the edge of the asuran home system with the Daedalus and have it rigged to fly in remotely.

-When it gets within 1000 Km of the asuran homeworld it switches the ZPM on.

-We don't have to worry about seeing the replicator rehashes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  -Send Camulus' tainted ZPM they've still got through th bridge to pegasus.

-Put it in a cloaked puddle jumper

-Drop off that puddle jumper at the edge of the asuran home system with the Daedalus and have it rigged to fly in remotely.

-When it gets within 1000 Km of the asuran homeworld it switches the ZPM on.

-We don't have to worry about seeing the replicator rehashes anymore.
                  I like that idea, but I don't think that we have that ZPM anymore. Didn't we give it to Nero or something?
                  sigpic

Comment

If they want all the Asurans on their homeworld before using the PWARW, do what the Asgard done & use a recall order to bring all the Asurans back to their planet.
                    sigpic
                    "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                    Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                      1. In "Hot Zone" Atlantis used the EMP discharge from a Naquadha generator to deactivate the nanite virus which the Asurans created. Can EMP pulses disrupt or render some Asuran tech useless? I think it is most likely that they can but only for a short while.
                      No. Asuran technology is Ancient technology and the pulse had no effect on anything that was originally in Atlantis. Why exactly it could effect nanites that were originally created by the Ancients I don't know. Perhaps they originally intended them to be created by a more primitive race or perhaps their explaination would have something to do with their size. I don't know, but if nothing in Atlantis was effected by the pulse, there shouldn't be anything the Asurans have that would be effected besides themselves.

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                      3. The anti replicator satellite disruptor will only be effective if they only have to use it a few times.
                      They're plantary wide satellites so they shouldn't need more than one shot...

SHEPPARD: Planetary-Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons.

McKAY: Look, the Asgard were capable of creating a satellite that could wipe out an entire Replicator planet. I mean, we’ve had some trouble making one of our own but ...

However, the big issue is that the Asurans are no longer limited to one planet anymore. So all they have to do is return to Asura in a ship and replicate more nanites. Within no time they will have their old Asuran population back with all the same old faces as the death of their "bodies" is not the death of their minds. However, even if Mckay gets them all back on Asura (which only worked on the Ida replicators because Reese had a specific core command - it may be impossible to reprogram the Asurans to go to one location not to mention how extremely difficult it would be given their problems just trying to undo the command to attack the Wraith) there's still the issue that Ancient shields would protect against the weapon so if any parts of the city are shielded and there are Asurans in those sections, they will still exist. Although, it will give the team enough time to run around stealing whatever they can as the few survivors try to regain control so it wouldn't be a total bust.

I agree with Ouroboros that the best solution would be to use the tainted ZPM. They didn't replicate themselves after the ZPMs blew up their city ship so that may do it. And yes, they still have the tainted ZPM. O'neill gave Calamus the ZPM that they drained when dialing Atlantis and told him it was the tainted ZPM so he would look like a fool when he presented it to Baal. But, O'neill kept the tainted one and there hasn't been a single mention of it after that episode.
                      Last edited by Xaeden; 19 November 2007, 01:51 AM.

Comment

if we used the pwarw imagine the z.p.m,s we would have and we would have the full replicator city not to forget drones

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Hence why it won't happen anytime soon. If anything happens, it'll end with a huge bombing campaign as they overcome the Disruptor Beam permanently.
                          Disliked a recent episode?
                          Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                          The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

well if we are facing them on the ground we shoud use or create a freezing gun since they have truoble coping with the cold like when niam was floating in space he was all frozen from the harsh cold enviroment which made in power down...

so a hand held weapon that shoots large amounts of liquid nitrogen or some sort of freezing agent onto a asuran and it should slow them down
                            sigpic

Comment

lasers cool efficiently.

Comment

Working...
                              X