PDA

View Full Version : Season 5: Michael Shanks

Pages : [1] 2

prion
November 18th, 2007, 08:05 AM
A fan over at JoeFlaniganOnline@yahoogroups.com reported that Michael Shanks said at his convention talk yesterday (Nov 17th) that he has been contacted by Joe Mallozzi about appearing in season 5 of SGA.

Nothing definitive yet.

jelgate
November 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Are we talking about one episode or an arc

ReganX
November 18th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Even TPTB may not know yet what's doable, or what other engagements MS may have.

SG13-NightOps
November 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Shiny! Hope they can work something out.

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
MS in s5? sweet :)

I'd guess it would be for one episode, just like we're gonna see

Teal'c in Midway

Briangate78
November 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
The chance of this happening is very high! I think it's great to see guest characters coming on from SG-1! I cannot wait till Miday this season.

Still guest starring is fine, just no one else permanent.

Steve_the_Wraith
November 18th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Waiting for backlash from "Anti-SG1 Charaters in Atlantis" (ASCIA) fans in 1... 2... 3... :P

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Waiting for backlash from "Anti-SG1 Charaters in Atlantis" (ASCIA) fans in 1... 2... 3... :P

yeah that's why it'll probably be just one episode

Briangate78
November 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM

SGA is it's own show, but SG-1 is still it's big brother. Guest spots are good!

Hey just because SGA moved out of the house doesn't mean big bro will come and visit once and a while. :p

Liam Kincaid
November 18th, 2007, 09:27 AM
yeah that's why it'll probably be just one episode
Hopefully, Shanks' one episode appearance in SGA Season 5 will be the lead-in to his main character starring role in Stargate Universe!

jelgate
November 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Hopefully, Shanks' one episode appearance in SGA Season 5 will be the lead-in to his main character starring role in Stargate Universe!
You do know that was just Internet speculation. In fact Shanks, deined rumors of him as a main character on Universe

Kanetsidohi
November 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM

So happy to deliver! :D

Since I want to watch season 5, I hope it would be just one ep.

Daniel has always been my least liked character so, he being regularly in SGA s5 would be just what I need to stop watching altogether.

After all, I like Carter a lot but so far, for me, her involvement in s4 has been just a waste of screentime.

Arwen Undomiel
November 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Yay! I would be quite happy to see MS in season five! :D

Liam Kincaid
November 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
You do know that was just Internet speculation. In fact Shanks, deined rumors of him as a main character on Universe

I may be the one who started the rumors! Anyway, when and where did he deny it? I think that Daniel would be an excellent choice for a 9th Chevron based story.

jelgate
November 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I read it in Gateworld. I don't want to search their archivies to find the article

prion
November 18th, 2007, 10:41 AM

No news. Hopefully a Michael Shanks fan (or MSOL) will provide a more detailed accounting shortly.

SGFerrit
November 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Joe spoke to Michael about appearing in "1 or 2" episodes of season 5. So, I guess, much like CJ in season 4. Michael has said he is interested, as long as Daniel isn't killed off:D

Link To Story (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035)

Briangate78
November 18th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Joe spoke to Michael about appearing in "1 or 2" episodes of season 5. So, I guess, much like CJ in season 4. Michael has said he is interested, as long as Daniel isn't killed off:D

Link To Story (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035)

Well Daniel is probably the best character to go over to Atlantis. He is an Atlantis buff and as Mitchell said "Daniel Disneyland" :p

Avenger
November 18th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Making an appearance is fine as long as he's not there just to be there.

ha'tak_
November 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
it is great news that daniel jackson will aper in atlantis, i am looking forvard to midway where telc will play a big role

Falcon Horus
November 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM

*boom*

Oh joy... Why don't they just renaim the show and be done with it? :mckay:

Satisfied Steve_the_Wraith? :P

Briangate78
November 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
*boom*

Oh joy... Why don't they just renaim the show and be done with it? :mckay:

Satisfied Steve_the_Wraith? :P

Hey just think about it, now we will have the privaledge of posting on Anti- Daniel and Pro -Daniel Season 5 threads in this forum. :lol:

Falcon Horus
November 18th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hey just think about it, now we will have the privaledge of posting on Anti- Daniel and Pro -Daniel Season 5 threads in this forum. :lol:

No, we don't... All anti-/pro-threads are forbidden. Not that I would care anyway.

jdog
November 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Daniel found the city he needs to be on a season there.

if this is daniel disney land does that make shep mickey and mckay goofy?

prion
November 18th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Daniel's the one character who doesn't have a 'duplicate' on Atlantis. The rest all do, which is why Sam is a bit redundant becuase the base has McKay and Zelenka, but so far, the writers are doing an adequate job of keeping her out of any labs (cuz realistically, ain't her job anymore)...

jelgate
November 18th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Daniel's the one character who doesn't have a 'duplicate' on Atlantis. The rest all do, which is why Sam is a bit redundant becuase the base has McKay and Zelenka, but so far, the writers are doing an adequate job of keeping her out of any labs (cuz realistically, ain't her job anymore)...
Atlantis use to have a Daniel duplicate. Dr. Wier was well verse in many languages including Ancient

prion
November 18th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Atlantis use to have a Daniel duplicate. Dr. Wier was well verse in many languages including Ancient

Yup, used to.... Oh, and it's Weir, not Wier ;)

jelgate
November 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I usually don't do that. My hands can't keep up with my brain.

the fifth man
November 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I'm very happy about the possibility of MS appearing next season on SGA.:) I'd love to see Daniel involved in a few episodes of the show, especially if his expertise is needed.

SG13-NightOps
November 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM

Just 5..
I found how "well versed" Wier was in ancient to be a tad unbelievable. Daniel was still translating Ancient after she left for Peggy (S8), so that she can just suddenly read it fluently when even Daniel was still working bits out is a bit of a joke. Hell, even Teyla knows less ancient than Weir and she has lived in Peggy her whole life where the "ancestors" are enshrined in godhood.

So yeah, I put it down to the Laptop - it has to be helping her somehow, because anything else is too far fetched, even for me.

eri-chan
November 19th, 2007, 03:01 AM
i say that its daniel's translations she's reading off the tablet/laptop :p :daniel:

OobeDoobBenubi
November 19th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Sweet Daniel in Atlantis. I want to see him running around screaming Atlantis, Atlantis, Atlantis ;) Since we did not get that the first time :(

Briangate78
November 19th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I'm very happy about the possibility of MS appearing next season on SGA.:) I'd love to see Daniel involved in a few episodes of the show, especially if his expertise is needed.

Daniel going on Atlantis makes perfect sense. They could fit him into a story arc easily. :)

Erised
November 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I love Daniel, I really do
But seriously.. all we need is Jack as we're all set [/sarcasm]. Good thing RDM got a life.

Briangate78
November 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM
But seriously.. all we need is Jack as we're all set [/sarcasm]. Good thing RDM got a life.

You mean RDA right? ;) :p

Erised
November 19th, 2007, 09:15 AM
You mean RDA right? ;) :p

ROFL yeah! Ok the fact that I forget their names speaks volumes about the quality ;).... Though I still enjoy old SG-1 episodes. Ah good times.

Jumper_One
November 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM

Ron Moore :confused: :D

Briangate78
November 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
ROFL yeah! Ok the fact that I forget their names speaks volumes about the quality ;).... Though I still enjoy old SG-1 episodes. Ah good times.

Oh yeah classic SG-1! Cannot beat that! :) I can still watch old SG-1 eps over and over again, I love it! So glad we are getting movies to continue the saga. :)

Erised
November 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah classic SG-1! Cannot beat that! :) I can still watch old SG-1 eps over and over again, I love it! So glad we are getting movies to continue the saga. :)

As long as they aren't about the Ori...
I consider SG-1 as a show that lasted for 8 seasons. ;)

Briangate78
November 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM
As long as they aren't about the Ori...
I consider SG-1 as a show that lasted for 8 seasons. ;)

I was not a big fan of Season 9, but don't tell anyone I said that. ;)

Erised
November 19th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Your secret is safe with me, LOL

heliosphere
November 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
yippie! He needs to go there for an episode, no more than a two parter though. Daniel is so tied up with the ancient storyline and ascended storyline and the whole finding-Atlantis-wanna-go-there-but-stuff-keeps-stopping-me storyline, that he needs something over there for an episode.

Though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much anyhow because I thought he was doing that angel thing with CJ next year or something like that. It's not up my line, but my boyfriend is pretty interested in it the more gory CJ makes it sound.

jelgate
November 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I didn't mind Season 9 but didn't care for a lot of Season 8.

Mitchell82
November 19th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Daniel found the city he needs to be on a season there.

if this is daniel disney land does that make shep mickey and mckay goofy?

Gotta disagree there. I have no issue with him guest staring but not a full time cast member.

Liam Kincaid
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yup, used to.... Oh, and it's Weir, not Wier ;)
Now that she's part Replicater, it should be Wire.

rpmguitar
November 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
daniel should take his turn to run atlantis in seaon five after they kill off carter. haha no but really I'm looking forwward to daniel in atlantis

jelgate
November 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
daniel should take his turn to run atlantis in seaon five after they kill off carter. haha no but really I'm looking forwward to daniel in atlantis
This forum would turn into chaos if they killed Carter and had Daniel be the leader. Besides I don't think Daniel would be a good leader

Falcon Horus
November 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
This forum would turn into chaos if they killed Carter and had Daniel be the leader.

It wouldn't be worse than it already is.

Agent_Dark
November 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
yes it would, it'd be top noob instead of top1

jelgate
November 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I strongly disagree but that is a pro vs anti debate and way off topic for this thread

Falcon Horus
November 24th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I strongly disagree but that is a pro vs anti debate and way off topic for this thread

Yes, it's off-topic, but that's not what I meant. It's just an observation.

Arwen Undomiel
November 24th, 2007, 03:35 PM
This forum would turn into chaos if they killed Carter and had Daniel be the leader.

There's enough chaos in here already, but yeah, there would be more..

ReganX
November 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
This forum would turn into chaos if they killed Carter and had Daniel be the leader. Besides I don't think Daniel would be a good leader

It would also be exceptionally poor writing.

Those overseeing the expedition clearly felt that a military leader - and I can imagine that the decision to place a member of the US military in command of Atlantis was not one they made lightly - with a background in Ancient and Replicator technology is needed under the current circumstances, so if anything did happen to Sam, her replacement would likely be a military officer, preferably with a scientific background.

Unless the circumstances of the Atlantis expedition change drastically, I can't see the requirements for a potential expedition leader changing.

The only circumstances I could see Daniel being considered in any way acceptable as the new leader of Atlantis by those calling the shots would be if (a) the Wraith and Replicators were both wiped out and (b) the folks calling the shots decided that they had quite enough advanced technology and that they'd rather dedicate the expedition to archaeological exploration and the "meaning of life stuff".

Whatever about (a), I don't see (b) happening any time soon.

ReganX
November 24th, 2007, 06:08 PM
There's enough chaos in here already, but yeah, there would be more..

In the event that Amanda is unavailable for Season Five, TPTB's best bet would be to ask Torri to return. Three expedition leaders in as many seasons would be too many. There needs to be some stability in the cast.

A third leader should only be considered if neither Amanda or Torri are available and if there has to be a third leader, it should be a new character or someone like Caldwell, another SG-1 character would be a mistake. They could get away with bringing one over and even then it caused friction; I don't think they could get away with it a second time.

ReganX
November 24th, 2007, 06:10 PM

No matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse.

Falcon Horus
November 25th, 2007, 06:14 AM
No matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse.

That's actually not such a bad point... :cool:

Mitchell82
November 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
In the event that Amanda is unavailable for Season Five, TPTB's best bet would be to ask Torri to return. Three expedition leaders in as many seasons would be too many. There needs to be some stability in the cast.

A third leader should only be considered if neither Amanda or Torri are available and if there has to be a third leader, it should be a new character or someone like Caldwell, another SG-1 character would be a mistake. They could get away with bringing one over and even then it caused friction; I don't think they could get away with it a second time.

Well she said she'd want to if it was picked up so I don't see AT not staying.

CaldwellForce
November 26th, 2007, 02:14 AM

That's a perfect name for that demonic woman

ReganX
November 26th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Well she said she'd want to if it was picked up so I don't see AT not staying.

Good to know.

Fenrir Foxz
November 26th, 2007, 08:13 PM

LMAO

PG15
December 7th, 2007, 05:43 PM
News from JM's virtual dinner tonight:

Joseph Mallozzi said...
Hmmm. I'll see what we can do but no promises on the shirtless front. We have a bare-bones idea for the Daniel story but it still needs much fleshing out.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-7-2007.html

scififreak23
December 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Can't wait to have daniel in atlantis! Maybe we'll get more history about atlantis and find out some stuff about the city that we didn't know.

maylet
December 7th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I would love to have Michael Shanks on Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis, it would so cool

the fifth man
December 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I would love to have Michael Shanks on Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis, it would so cool

It will be cool to see him on Atlantis for a few episodes. No doubt about that.:)

KiLL3r
December 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM
throught the 8 & 9th season of sg1 daniel mentioned so many time how he wantd to goto atlantis and everytime somethign would happen to prevent that. eventually his timetable will be clear :D

scholar
December 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM

I stopped watching Season 9 about halfway through when I couldn't stomach the Ori plot anymore. For some reason I was able to look past it during season 10. Anyways, a couple episodes with Daniel in season 5 would be fine with me.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Finally something interesting. Bring Shanks to Atlantis open the exploration chapter in Atlantis. :D

MartianManhunter
December 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
That's a perfect name for that demonic woman

LMAO!

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. Can't wait for Daniel to come over to SGA and see whats in store for him there.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
LMAO!

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. Can't wait for Daniel to come over to SGA and see whats in store for him there.

Hope he won't end up like Sam!

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hope he won't end up like Sam!

he'll probably be in one or two eps so you can't compare him with her. also I'm looking forward to the 8 eps she'll be in and of course s5. I hope Sam will be much more involved in everything by then

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Bring Vala along so we can have a laugh :D

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Bring Vala along so we can have a laugh :D

ehm...no

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM
ehm...no
...uhmmm...YES. She did a perfect job on SG1. Its not like SGA rocks at the moment :P

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
...uhmmm...YES. She did a perfect job on SG1. Its not like SGA rocks at the moment :P

well ok that's your opinion, personally I didn't like her that much. anyway that doesn't matter, let's not start a serious OT discussion about something that most likely will never happen ;)

Jumper_One
December 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
i hope he doesn't come over ...i would be happy with a 2-3 parter but that's it

that's probably what will happen

ReganX
December 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM

To bring Vala over to Atlantis, the writers would first have to have a reason for why Vala would be needed there, why her inclusion in an episode would be justified. It's highly unlikely that she would be recruited as a member of the Atlantis expedition, as she is neither a scientist nor a member of the military so, short of having her come over to visit Sam*, their options are very limited.

*Something they could realistically get away with for only one SG-1 character, in one episode, if that. If they use that as a way to bring Vala over, they can't use it with any of the others or it will become rather ridiculous.

ReganX
December 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
i hope he doesn't come over ...i would be happy with a 2-3 parter but that's it

One episode, or a two-parter is probably the most likely scenario.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 02:23 PM
To bring Vala over to Atlantis, the writers would first have to have a reason for why Vala would be needed there, why her inclusion in an episode would be justified. It's highly unlikely that she would be recruited as a member of the Atlantis expedition, as she is neither a scientist nor a member of the military so, short of having her come over to visit Sam*, their options are very limited.

*Something they could realistically get away with for only one SG-1 character, in one episode, if that. If they use that as a way to bring Vala over, they can't use it with any of the others or it will become rather ridiculous.

They killed off Weir. I am sure if they want to bring Vala, they'll find a way. Either way, I prefer Vala to Larin and if Daniel joins, Vala would make a very good asset, even if for one episode. I want to see them have their cat fights :D.

ReganX
December 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
They killed off Weir. I am sure if they want to bring Vala, they'll find a way. Either way, I prefer Vala to Larin and if Daniel joins, Vala would make a very good asset, even if for one episode. I want to see them have their cat fights :D.

Personally, I would rather see Vala come over by herself. I have found that she does far better as a character away from Daniel.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Personally, I would rather see Vala come over by herself. I have found that she does far better as a character away from Daniel.

As long as she pops in to say hi, fine with me. She was and is an asset to the show. She managed to bring some fresh attitude to the series after RDA and other Sg1 characters left.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
vala could stand at the gate watching daniel off

Making him miss his trip to Atlantis....again :D:vala::vala::vala:

ReganX
December 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
vala could stand at the gate watching daniel off

Or Sam could forget her toothbrush and Vala could thoughtfully deliver it to Atlantis... and stay a while to see the sights and take pictures to tease Daniel with.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
or he asking the airmen to hold her back so he can leave

...after she takes something from him :P. His belt and Daniel crosses in his underwear :D, looking back from Atlantis , when the gate shuts off, and shouting: "Vaaalaaaa!!!:daniel::daniel:"

ReganX
December 8th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Here's an idea to bring both characters over - an AU, one where the Daedalus left a bit later and, when Daniel and Vala were stuck together, she went to Atlantis too (which means that they didn't alert the Ori to our galaxy). After they were separated, she stuck around and made herself useful.

Three years on, Sam (probably the best choice) accidentally travels to the AU.

The Prophet
December 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Teyla, Ronon, Vala...

The Aliens would be oh-so varied. :P

We need a Re'tu or a Foothold Alien...

... Just so it doesn't look 100% Human.

/Old arguement, but yeah...

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM
replidaniel .....some evil clone meant to un cover the secrets of earth using the one person the Atlantis crew would trust the most

...add the apocalypse in there and you got Resident Evil :)

heliosphere
December 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM
replidaniel .....some evil clone meant to un cover the secrets of earth using the one person the Atlantis crew would trust the most

We wouldn't even need a replidaniel. Just screw with his mind a bit like in Absolute Power, and he'll try to take over the Peg galaxy!

I have high hopes that I will get to see him on an episode. There are quite a few different Atlantis characters I'd like to see him interact with because he was stuck with Vala and really only talked to Weir on Peg. Project.

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I stopped watching Season 9 about halfway through when I couldn't stomach the Ori plot anymore. For some reason I was able to look past it during season 10. Anyways, a couple episodes with Daniel in season 5 would be fine with me.

I've gotta really disagree with seasons 9 and 10 as I loved the Ori plot it really made the show darker. As per Daniel 2-3 eps is fine by me just not a regular role.

prion
December 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
from Mallozzi's Nov 10th blog

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-10-2007.html

Since he was there, I took the opportunity to pitch Michael what we had so far on the Daniel Jackson story - something happens and Atlantis must call in Dr. Jackson who is the key to solving some as-of-yet-undecided mystery and this leads to all sorts of hilarious misadventure. I suggested that if he had any notes, now would be a good time to give them.

PG15
December 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Reading that passage actually gave me an idea on how they can get Danny into Atlantis: What if, on a typical Atlantis day, an Ancient sudden appears in front of the Stargate? He/she is naked, and has amnesia - a fallen Ancient, and now the Expedition needs Danny to come and see what he can fish out of this Ancient, as he himself has been in this exact situation.

prion
December 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Reading that passage actually gave me an idea on how they can get Danny into Atlantis: What if, on a typical Atlantis day, an Ancient sudden appears in front of the Stargate? He/she is naked, and has amnesia - a fallen Ancient, and now the Expedition needs Danny to come and see what he can fish out of this Ancient, as he himself has been in this exact situation.

Hmm, sounds good. I vote for a 'he' to un-ascend ;)

PG15
December 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Prion! I expected that from Peg, but you?

Should I be worried? ;)

Mitchell82
December 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Prion! I expected that from Peg, but you?

Should I be worried? ;)

Uh oh. Has Prion been corrupted? Of course I wouldn't mind a naked Morgan Le Fey.

jenks
December 11th, 2007, 03:19 AM
from Mallozzi's Nov 10th blog

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-10-2007.html

Hilarious misadventure? I don't like the sound of that...

heliosphere
December 11th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hilarious misadventure? I don't like the sound of that...

Um, me either. I really want to see Daniel on Atlantis once or twice, but not if it's all going to be a farce. Daniel=/ comedy. There are ten bazillion storylines that they could use that could include Daniel without taking away from Atlantis characters. Funny is not one of them.

Integrabyte
December 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Having DANIEL on Atlantis is enough ;). Give him a couple lines to annoy Sam and I'm happy :D

PG15
December 11th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Geez people, JM doesn't even have a real plot yet, he was just saying "hilarious misadventure" as a joke.

The_Carpenter
December 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Geez people, JM doesn't even have a real plot yet, he was just saying "hilarious misadventure" as a joke.

Indeed, and quite often the original idea for a script and the end script are often two very different things. Joe Fs Epiphany story idea is a prime example.

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/robert_picardo_joins_iatlantisi_.shtml

Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") will guest star in an unspecified number of episodes. The release does indicate that it will be more than one.

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/02/robert_picardo_joins_iatlantisi_.shtml

Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") will guest star in an unspecified number of episodes. The release does indicate that it will be more than one.

That is definately one thing I'm really looking forward to in S5 :D

IMO Daniel deserves his day trip *Or longer* to 'Daniel disneyland' :P

sueKay
February 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I have no problem with DJ being in a few (2 - 3) episodes, but anymore than that wouldn't really fit in and it'd be blatant audience grabbing.

I'd rather have a few episodes with Jackson playing a pivotal role than just Jackson being there for the sake of being there

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I have no problem with DJ being in a few (2 - 3) episodes, but anymore than that wouldn't really fit in and it'd be blatant audience grabbing.

I'd rather have a few episodes with Jackson playing a pivotal role than just Jackson being there for the sake of being there

Yeah I completely agree :)

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM

yeah like i said once he could be in the mid season finale so that could cover 3 epsidoes

immhotep
February 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Ok So we have confirmation, Daniel is going to be in atlantis S5. Yay.

Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson" (http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/links/jacksondaniel.shtml)) will guest star in an unspecified number of episodes. The release does indicate that it will be more than one.

So daniel will hopefully have an Arc of storylines, perhaps something to do with Ascension of the PG Ancients, maybe take the ZPM from that time dialated planet in the knowledge the ancients cant do squat, or maybe something far cooler than im coming up with at this particular moment lol.

So what do people think about Daniel being in S5, and what could he be up to in Daniel Disneyland. Personally Daniel deserves to be on Atlantis more than the AE, he discovered the place after all :D

Tep

PS Noticed every other character has a "what will their role in S5 be" so thought Danny deserved one

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 10:58 AM
My guess is he'll be in the mid season 2 parter.

Fenrir Foxz
yeah like i said once he could be in the mid season finale so that could cover 3 epsidoes

That would be an awsome mid season :D

Pharaoh Atem
prion beat you to this a long time ago http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48739

Amalthea
February 5th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm excited to see Daniel again! I think it will mean some definite Ancient discoveries are on their way. Dare I hope the location of a ZPM making machine?

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
That would be an awsome mid season :D

ep. starts with the gate activated and danny walks through......"hi guys" ...camera stays on danny's face for moment and then cue opening credits.

i think it would be great

Amalthea
February 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
ep. starts with the gate activated and danny walks through......"hi guys" ...camera stays on danny's face for moment and then cue opening credits.

Oh that gives me shivers! :daniel:

immhotep
February 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
prion beat you to this a long time ago http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48739
Yeah i know, ive reported it to the mods and they can delete this one if they feel like it.

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm excited to see Daniel again! I think it will mean some definite Ancient discoveries are on their way. Dare I hope the location of a ZPM making machine?

I darez ya :P I know I would like that aswell :D

That would be a fantastic ep beginning :D

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I like Daniel, but I think 2 "major" cross-over with SG-1 is enough for a season. They should call Sam, Teal'c and Daniel together for an episode or a two-parter, which has to be an absolutely good story even better than The Pegasus Project, than every other episode should be leave for the Atlantis crew. ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have no problem with 2-3 eps.More than that could be a problem.

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM
3. Daniel Jackson will be guesting in some episodes.

So far, we’ve got a terrific, BIG two-parter planned. I suspect that the page count in the Daniel/McKay scenes (featuring the two fastest-talking actors in show business) will have the scheduling gurus doing back-flips. Remember that new enemy I mentioned? Oh, and Marty G. will be doing the honors on this one.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/05/february-5-2008-extra-extra-read-all-about-it/

Killdeer
February 5th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Sounds very intriguing. I'm looking forward to this one. :)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Sounds very intriguing. I'm looking forward to this one. :)

same here. I'm assuming Joe means the mid-season two parter right?

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I hope he won't be responsible for "finding" the newest enemy for Atlantis, than he is going to disappear and let the expedition fight for years. ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I hope he won't be responsible for "finding" the newest enemy for Atlantis, than he is going to disappear and let the expedition fight for years. ;)

Nah he'll just become "Danria" the new ascended bad guy.;)

captain Qball
February 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I just hope they tell us what he's been up to for the last year that's kept him out of Atlantis.

Khentkawes
February 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
"Big two parter?" Well that sounds promising.

I'm just looking forward to watching Daniel and Rodney in the same scene. It should prove greatly amusing.

I've been looking forward to seeing Daniel in Atlantis. I've always had this picture in my head of Rodney struggling to figure out some piece of Ancient tech and Daniel pointing out, "well, if you knew how to read Ancient, you could just read the instructions and..." It's always amazed me how they never seem to actually need to read Ancient even though they are in an Ancient city. :rolleyes:

I also feel like we've learned more about the Ancients from Daniel's ascension and the Daniel/Merlin story arc in SG-1, than from the entire four seasons of Atlantis. So maybe they will be able to use some of Daniel's knowledge, and hopefully add to the show's mythology a bit.

:daniel:

P-90_177
February 5th, 2008, 08:22 PM
"Big two parter?" Well that sounds promising.

I'm just looking forward to watching Daniel and Rodney in the same scene. It should prove greatly amusing.

I've been looking forward to seeing Daniel in Atlantis. I've always had this picture in my head of Rodney struggling to figure out some piece of Ancient tech and Daniel pointing out, "well, if you knew how to read Ancient, you could just read the instructions and..." It's always amazed me how they never seem to actually need to read Ancient even though they are in an Ancient city. :rolleyes:

I also feel like we've learned more about the Ancients from Daniel's ascension and the Daniel/Merlin story arc in SG-1, than from the entire four seasons of Atlantis. So maybe they will be able to use some of Daniel's knowledge, and hopefully add to the show's mythology a bit.

:daniel:

keep in mind that mckay can read ancient.

Killdeer
February 5th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

Khentkawes
February 5th, 2008, 08:52 PM

I thought there was a recent episode where he said he could "kind of" read Ancient, but only bits and pieces? It's entirely possible that I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought he only read a little of it. If I'm way off base, forgive the inaccuracy.

I guess my point was that I want to see more development of the Ancient storyline, since it is an Ancient city.

Tal-Galahad
February 6th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I thought there was a recent episode where he said he could "kind of" read Ancient, but only bits and pieces? It's entirely possible that I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought he only read a little of it. If I'm way off base, forgive the inaccuracy.

I guess my point was that I want to see more development of the Ancient storyline, since it is an Ancient city.

Na, I know what scene u are thinking of but another character said that he could read ancient just a little.

Sprinkles
February 6th, 2008, 05:18 AM
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/05/february-5-2008-extra-extra-read-all-about-it/

Very very very very excited about seeing Daniel in Atlantis, :D it's been a long time coming so I hope the episodes turn out to be worth the wait. :)

With Woolsey as the new commander (more good news :) and Carson :) and Weir! :) ) I wonder if we'll get to see some interesting interaction between the pair?

Cree
February 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I think that danny boy coming over can only mean one thing... MORE ANCIENT DISCOVERIES.... i hope that anyway, especially about the culture more, as someone said we've learnt more from sg-1 and merlin/danny arc than we have of four years of atlantis.

mid season 2 parter would be great.
If though the mid season 2 parter contains daniel, i doubt it will feature Weir, as i think her story line will be the asuran one, and daniel doesnt really fit in with that story line!

BlazeAngel
February 6th, 2008, 06:17 AM
So happy to deliver! :D

Seems I want to watch season 5, I hope it would be just one ep.

Daniel has always been my least liked character so, he being regularly in SGA s5 would be just what I need to stop watching altogether.

After all, I like Carter a lot but so far, for me, her involvement in s4 has been just a waste of screentime.

Claudia

Oh yeah? Then congratulations on Woolsey arrival! Now, we all can stop watching the show, forever!

Blaze

magie
February 6th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Woolsey as the new commander, I like. Carter being a guest in several episodes, I like. Beckett coming back, I like. And Daniel Jackson ? Well, IT WAS ABOUT TIME!!! The guy was supposed to go to Atlantis at the beginning of season 9, so now is more than time for us to see him there.

Okay, there's still Keller, nothing's perfect.

Aethon
February 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
That's awesome, has he appeared before? I can't really remember...

DeeKayP
February 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I think that danny boy coming over can only mean one thing... MORE ANCIENT DISCOVERIES.... i hope that anyway, especially about the culture more, as someone said we've learnt more from sg-1 and merlin/danny arc than we have of four years of atlantis.

mid season 2 parter would be great.
If though the mid season 2 parter contains daniel, i doubt it will feature Weir, as i think her story line will be the asuran one, and daniel doesnt really fit in with that story line!

I always enjoy seeing Daniel making discoveries. The poor guy just lights up and that doesn't happen very often.

I think that there could very well be a connection between Daniel and the Weir storyline, especially if Weir's group of Replicators are still seeking ascension. Daniel is unique in that he has experienced it twice, has the buried knowledge, and also because he harbored the consciousness of Moros/Merlin who was the leader of Atlantis at the time the Asurans were created.

If Weir thinks that Daniel still harbors some knowledge of how and when he ascended, or if he still harbors residual knowledge from Moros, she could very well orchestrate getting him to the Pegasus Galaxy (like the building of a fake ruins site that only Daniel's expertise can solve -- especially if it promised weapons that would catch the eye of Woolsey and McKay alike). She could then kidnap him, or even replace him with a duplicate, so that she has time to get more information on ascension.

I know that sounds a lot like Replicator Carter, but if they go with the Moros-Atlantis-Asuran-Ascension arc, it would have its place in the storyline of Stargate Atlantis.

DeeKayP
February 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
That's awesome, has he appeared before? I can't really remember...

Daniel had the honor of being the one to discover the destination of Atlantis in the show's pilot, "Rising".

He had an extreme investment in searching for the place ever since Season Six of SG-1 -- especially evident in "Full Circle" when he discovered the existence of the "Lost City" and knew that finding it would make the difference in defeating Anubis. His insisting that it was more important than even the Eye of Ra showed how very powerful the weapons of this Lost City were. It was later that he interpreted Jack's actions after Jack took the Ancient download that led SG-1 to find the Antarctic Outpost -- which in turn led Daniel to start the search for the "Lost City" because he knew that the Outpost wasn't it.

Daniel's story is very much tied to Atlantis.

Mitchell82
February 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Daniel had the honor of being the one to discover the destination of Atlantis in the show's pilot, "Rising".

He had an extreme investment in searching for the place ever since Season Six of SG-1 -- especially evident in "Full Circle" when he discovered the existence of the "Lost City" and knew that finding it would make the difference in defeating Anubis. His insisting that it was more important than even the Eye of Ra showed how very powerful the weapons of this Lost City were. It was later that he interpreted Jack's actions after Jack took the Ancient download that led SG-1 to find the Antarctic Outpost -- which in turn led Daniel to start the search for the "Lost City" because he knew that the Outpost wasn't it.

Daniel's story is very much tied to Atlantis.
Also he finally went to Atlantis in SG-1 season 10's ep "Pegasus Project".

DeeKayP
February 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Also he finally went to Atlantis in SG-1 season 10's ep "Pegasus Project".

And he so wanted to explore the city, but his mission there was to find Merlin's weapon. :(

Daniel doesn't get very many happy endings.

Maybe this time, he can actually take some time to enjoy the place, but from the sounds of it, it won't be long enough if the "new enemy" is involved. I sure hope he isn't the one to awaken the sleeping dragon this time around - poor guy. Every time he tries to combine his exploratory desires with the mandate of the Stargate Program, he opens a huge can of worms (as what happened to him at the beginning of Season Nine of SG-1). It seems he shares something with the Atlantis Expedition in unwittingly getting the enemy's attention.

JohnRico
February 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I want to see John or Rodney explain to Ronon before Daniel arrives that if it was not for Daniel they would not even be at Atlantis that way when Daniel does come to Atlantis Ronon could hug him

;)

DeeKayP
February 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I want to see John or Rodney explain to Ronon before Daniel arrives that if it was not for Daniel they would not even be at Atlantis that way when Daniel does come to Atlantis Ronon could hug him

;)

I think that is why it seems only fair that Daniel get to see the city and explore it -- he was the one who found it.

To the people of the Pegasus Galaxy, such as Ronon and Teyla, Atlantis has become their best hope, so I'd hope that they would feel some measure of awe and appreciation for Daniel's accomplishments, like you suggest. Not only because he found the city, but because he was one of the Ascended who chose to return to fight for humanity any way he could.

I think that Daniel would have a great interest in the Athosian and Satedan cultures. I also think that if the Athosians are truly gone, that Teyla and Daniel would connect because of their desire to see that that culture didn't die when Teyla and her son are gone -- to record its history. Daniel would probably show a lot of interest in the rites and ceremonies of the Athosians -- especially since they recited some of their prayers in the language of the Ancestors/Ancients.

Teal'c has called Daniel a warrior and I think that Ronon would see that in him as well. Ronon's time with McKay and other scientists of Atlantis has probably allowed him to see that "geeks" can still be warriors.

The Pegasus Galaxy is probably full of cultures that parallel those on Earth simply because of the Ancients' influences. It's a shame that they are getting wiped out.

I'd love for Daniel to determine the identity of the city-ship from "The Tower". Was it another city-ship that left Earth or another planet in the Milky Way at the same time Atlantis left? Could that city-ship have been the one associated with Praclarush Taonas, or is it another fabled "lost city"? How many others were there and where did they go?

The history of the Ancients goes back millions upon millions of years. Daniel has a great deal to offer in putting together the missing pieces.

Platschu
February 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
If Daniel going to be in a two-parter, where they will discover the new enemy, than his episodes have to be the 5x05-5x06. I think they won't postpone the introducing of the new aliens for the mid-season two-parter. ;)

JohnRico
February 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Daniel will be in the two-parter, where they will discover the new enemy, than his episodes have to be the 5x05-5x06. I think they won't postpone the introducing of the new aliens for the mid-season two-parter. ;)

They need to give Daniel a break & stop having him be the one to piss off new bad guys. But that can be the curse for finding Atlantis

Platschu
February 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
What I wanted to say, if the new enemy gets 4-5-6 episode in season 5, than Daniel has to find them in the first half very early. ;) I still hope it won't be his fault. :o

JohnRico
February 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I still hope it won't be his fault. :o

I know let the new brave ;) Commander be responsible for the next enemy

Khentkawes
February 6th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I think that danny boy coming over can only mean one thing... MORE ANCIENT DISCOVERIES.... i hope that anyway, especially about the culture more

You would think so. But I'm not holding my breath. Don't want to suffocate. I will hold out hope, though.

Sometimes it seems like they don't know what to do with quest stars or they just put them in to raise the ratings. For example, I wasn't real impressed with the "return of Dr. Weir."

But since JM said they were working on a two-parter, I'm hoping Daniel won't just be there to pacify the fans who want him there. I hope they make good use of all the potential he has for Atlantis. Because if they do, it could lead to some seriously cool developments for the show.

To the people of the Pegasus Galaxy, such as Ronon and Teyla, Atlantis has become their best hope, so I'd hope that they would feel some measure of awe and appreciation for Daniel's accomplishments, like you suggest. Not only because he found the city, but because he was one of the Ascended who chose to return to fight for humanity any way he could.

I think that Daniel would have a great interest in the Athosian and Satedan cultures. I also think that if the Athosians are truly gone, that Teyla and Daniel would connect because of their desire to see that that culture didn't die when Teyla and her son are gone -- to record its history. Daniel would probably show a lot of interest in the rites and ceremonies of the Athosians -- especially since they recited some of their prayers in the language of the Ancestors/Ancients.

Teal'c has called Daniel a warrior and I think that Ronon would see that in him as well. Ronon's time with McKay and other scientists of Atlantis has probably allowed him to see that "geeks" can still be warriors.

The Pegasus Galaxy is probably full of cultures that parallel those on Earth simply because of the Ancients' influences. It's a shame that they are getting wiped out.

All good points. I hadn't thought of Daniel and Teyla connecting over her people. That makes some amount of sense.

While I agree that Ronon and Daniel could have some interesting interaction, I doubt it will happen. One of my complaints about Atlantis is that they stereotype their characters. The scientists are geeks and the military personnel are tough guys. Daniel doesn't fit into those stereotypes anymore, but I imagine he will while on Atlantis. Despite the potential, I just don't see the writers putting Daniel and Ronon into the position where they would actually have to talk to each other.

Besides, if it's a two-parter, they're going to be blowing things up, not sitting around talking about parallels between Earth cultures and the Athosians or Satedans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the cultural stuff would be interesting. I agree with all of your points, and think they are great ideas. But like I said, I'm not holding my breath for it actually happening.

Lythisrose
February 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Just don't let him near that Ascension machine!:daniel:

PG15
February 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM
TPTB has wanted to get Danny to Atlantis for some time now, and it's not just because some fans wanted it. It just makes sense for him to be there for a while to take a good look around.

He'll get a good and substential story; Shanks is expensive, so I doubt they'll waste this opportunity.

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
TPTB has wanted to get Danny to Atlantis for some time now, and it's not just because some fans wanted it. It just makes sense for him to be there for a while to take a good look around.

He'll get a good and substential story; Shanks is expensive, so I doubt they'll waste this opportunity.

also he'll be in a two-parter (mid-season?) so those should be pretty big eps imo

Platschu
February 6th, 2008, 01:44 PM
It will be a bit weird that he didn't visit the city earlier with the Gatebridge. Carter, one of his closest friend and co-worker lived there for a year, so I really can't imagine why couldn't Daniel and Vala make a short trip to Atlantis to see her in the last few months. :rolleyes:

Fenrir Foxz
February 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
also he'll be in a two-parter (mid-season?) so those should be pretty big eps imo

I hope so :) That would be excellent :D

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It will be a bit weird that he didn't visit the city earlier with the Gatebridge. Carter, one of his closest friend and co-worker lived there for a year, so I really can't imagine why couldn't Daniel and Vala make a short trip to Atlantis to see her in the last few months. :rolleyes:

maybe he did, TBTB just didn't show us :P

DeeKayP
February 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the cultural stuff would be interesting. I agree with all of your points, and think they are great ideas. But like I said, I'm not holding my breath for it actually happening.

I guess that will have to be left to the fans' imaginations, since, after all, Mallozzi did say that if Atlantis did have an archeaologist, that person wouldn't be seen but part-time.

Most of my points were just to show that Daniel can and does fit well into the Atlantis universe, even if we'll never get to see it on the screen.

There are many ways to re-introduce the character into the show, but it does appear that he'll have something to do with the new enemy. I'm just hoping that he's not the one to stumble on them like he did with the Ori.

We have a few hints at how he'll be used in his "so far" two episodes: Daniel and McKay have speed-speak interaction and there's a New Enemy. Daniel usually talks fast when he's excited about some kind of discovery and goes on about its significance (I still get a kick out his opening scene in "Morpheus" from Season Ten when his teammates stare back at him after some of his excited babbling, and Carter says, "And you say I'm hard to understand."). McKay's the same way -- he'll "praddle on" with excitement and his team is left just staring at him. For both of those to be excited like this together seems to indicate that they've made some great discovery that Daniel sees as having some historical significance and at the same time, McKay sees as having technological significance. McKay would get very excited over a new energy source, perhaps?

And, I'm wondering how advanced this New Enemy really is. I hope they're not ascended, but I do hope that there is an Ancient tie-in. The Ancients built their powerful weapons for some reason (even in the Milky Way before even coming to the Pegasus Galaxy). I don't think that all of their weapons were meant to oppose the Ori.

Platschu
February 6th, 2008, 01:53 PM
maybe he did, TBTB just didn't show us :P
Oh yeah. And Carter used the beaming technology to be with Jack in SGC. ;)

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 01:58 PM

of course :P

immhotep
February 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I hope that Daniel has some interaction with the wraith, i think that would be really interesting. As to his ability to offer things to atlantis, i think theres too much to really go in to, his expertise in alien and human cultures is beyond anyone's and his ability to read and speak ancient likely surpasses others who have learned it mainly from his translations. Also now that the military is moving in, and wier gone, there is less interest with cultural exploration than there had been in the past, daniel might bring some of that back.

As to the idea that there could have been other cityships, remember when daniel was asking morgan about the earliest lantian cities, she mentioned proclarous, and they left when they learned their sun was nearing the end of its life. Well in TLC proclarous was dead by a million years or more, what if these ancients left after the lantians, and crash landed in pegasus...

Mitchell82
February 7th, 2008, 11:12 AM

Of course she did.:love:

ziga1980
February 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I guess that will have to be left to the fans' imaginations, since, after all, Mallozzi did say that if Atlantis did have an archeaologist, that person wouldn't be seen but part-time.

Most of my points were just to show that Daniel can and does fit well into the Atlantis universe, even if we'll never get to see it on the screen.

There are many ways to re-introduce the character into the show, but it does appear that he'll have something to do with the new enemy. I'm just hoping that he's not the one to stumble on them like he did with the Ori.

i'd like to see Daniel as a villain. he discovers something cool...that turns him bad. very bad. and someone from the atlantis team gets turned bad too. ronon would kick ass if he's a bad guy. imagine daniel and ronon as bad guys vs. atlantis team. through this they somehow "create/find/make" new enemies. than daniel heads off to somewhere yada yada yada...and ronon overcomes the bad influence.

We have a few hints at how he'll be used in his "so far" two episodes: Daniel and McKay have speed-speak interaction and there's a New Enemy. Daniel usually talks fast when he's excited about some kind of discovery and goes on about its significance (I still get a kick out his opening scene in "Morpheus" from Season Ten when his teammates stare back at him after some of his excited babbling, and Carter says, "And you say I'm hard to understand."). McKay's the same way -- he'll "praddle on" with excitement and his team is left just staring at him. For both of those to be excited like this together seems to indicate that they've made some great discovery that Daniel sees as having some historical significance and at the same time, McKay sees as having technological significance. McKay would get very excited over a new energy source, perhaps?

And, I'm wondering how advanced this New Enemy really is. I hope they're not ascended, but I do hope that there is an Ancient tie-in. The Ancients built their powerful weapons for some reason (even in the Milky Way before even coming to the Pegasus Galaxy). I don't think that all of their weapons were meant to oppose the Ori.

the other possibility is daniel and rondey turned bad. they'd rock together. mckay would be more like the one from mckay and mrs miller and daniel was just great in absolute power. that was the best ep ever.

though i'm concerned lately with were atlantis is going. regardless of what kind of an enemy we're up against we always win. without any substantial losses. it's like yeah some bad aliens are gonna kick our sorry asses but who cares, we'll prevail. they don't seem to care, and there is always the famous sentence "we MIGHT be able to..." i hated that with carter and i hate it with mckay. things don't always turn out for the best.

why can't there be a scifi show that can keep the scifi and reality together. in atlantis we never see any personal feelings expressed by characters. they kill enemies by hundreds and they don't even blink. they're like yeah whatever.

i'd only expect/understand that kind of behavior from ronon since he was on the run from the wraith for almost a decade and his love of the life was killed. his character should be much more deadly than he is.

they should try to join the scifi with 24 i guess. that show portrays this feelings very good. jack really puts himself out there and sacrifices everything. he kills with no hesitation but regrets it later. he is sorry that he had to do all the killing. when his emotions get hurt, he shows it very well. and when someone from ctu gets killed you actually feel sorry. there is a lot of dilemma, morality and guilt in that show. scifi shows should really get some of that. in scifi kind of way of course.

look at episodes like harmony. shep kills three Genii with one shot. how the hell... but it unnerves me that he doesn't mind. he is sort of proud of the killing. he brags to mckay about the shot he made. wtf is that...?? person who does that is not well adjusted.

and when mckay is faced with impossible, he never fails. his hands never shake for a second. he doesn't even sweat when he tries to stop the destruction. he never takes a deep breath or tries to calm down. etc.

i'll stop b.itching about the show now. everything i mentioned was probably discussed on more than one occaison. so, sorry for the long post. i hope anyone will care to read it.

Lythisrose
February 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM
...look at episodes like harmony. shep kills three Genii with one shot. how the hell... but it unnerves me that he doesn't mind. he is sort of proud of the killing. he brags to mckay about the shot he made. wtf is that...?? person who does that is not well adjusted. ..

I don't mind reading long posts! And while I can agree with some of the points you made, I don't believe many have ever claimed Shep was particularly "well adjusted..." :sheppard:
(and I love him anyway!)

ziga1980
February 8th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I don't mind reading long posts! And while I can agree with some of the points you made, I don't believe many have ever claimed Shep was particularly "well adjusted..." :sheppard:
(and I love him anyway!)

true, but still...

matthewscott614
February 8th, 2008, 09:00 AM
With the news of Woolsey now stinking up the place on a weekly basis,
I sure hope Dr. Jackson shows up a lot to give the fans a reason to watch.
All the SG1 characters should show up at least once to do they're part
in saving the Stargate Atlantis show, ratings wise that is.

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM

I don't think Woolsey is going to hurt this show.

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Daniel making an appearence in S5 is going to be a highlight for fans of both shows...

I don't think Woolsey is going to hurt this show.

...I agree, Woolsey IMO isn't going to do damage to SGA by taking command of Atlantis...

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Daniel making an appearence in S5 is going to be a highlight for fans of both shows...

definitely! especially since it's supposed to be a big two-parter ;)

...I agree, Woolsey IMO isn't going to do damage to SGA by taking command of Atlantis...

agreed. he'll add a new and interesting dynamic to the show

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 03:57 PM
definitely! especially since it's supposed to be a big two-parter ;)

Yeah I'm really happy about that, it's fantastic MS was willing/able to make such an appearence... It will no doubt be a great 2 part story, I can't wait to find out more about it:D

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah I'm really happy about that, it's fantastic MS was willing/able to make such an appearence... It will no doubt be a great 2 part story, I can't wait to find out more about it:D

same here. it's probably the mid-season two-parter

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
same here. it's probably the mid-season two-parter

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if it is then TPTB will definately write a really good story to span the two eps plus a nice cliff hanger for the break :)

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if it is then TPTB will definately write a really good story to span the two eps plus a nice cliff hanger for the break :)

yes I think they will, it's gonna be really interesting. right now I'm just glad to see MS again :)

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I just hope we do not see Daniel until the end of the episode & the big OMG moment is Daniel on Atlantis. Then that really would not be a two parter in my eyes.

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I just hope we do not see Daniel until the end of the episode & the big OMG moment is Daniel on Atlantis. Then that really would not be a two parter in my eyes.

I don't think so. if Joe says he'll be in two eps then that's how it's gonna be imo. besides it'd be a waste to bring him over for only one ep

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I don't think so. if Joe says he'll be in two eps then that's how it's gonna be imo. besides it'd be a waste to bring him over for only one ep

I hope they do something like in the first episode in the first 2 minutes or so opening scene before the opening credits they find some Acient thingy & good lord almighty McKay can not figure it out & then Sheppard or someone says something like "I have an idea" & then McKay is like "Oh no not him" & then cue the credits & then after it ends the Stargate Worm Hole opens up & we see Daniel has just walked through & gated to Atlantis

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I hope they do something like in the first episode in the first 2 minutes or so opening scene before the opening credits they find some Acient thingy & good lord almighty McKay can not figure it out & then Sheppard or someone says something like "I have an idea" & then McKay is like "Oh no not him" & then cue the credits & then after it ends the Stargate Worm Hole opens up & we see Daniel has just walked through & gated to Atlantis

that's definitely one possibility. and I like that Roney says 'oh no not him' :P

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
that's definitely one possibility. and I like that Roney says 'oh no not him' :P

Hey I know Id like to see Daniel challenge Rodney at whos smarter lol & hopefully he comes prepared with a melon thanks to a tip by Cameron

heliosphere
February 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hey I know Id like to see Daniel challenge Rodney at whos smarter lol & hopefully he comes prepared with a melon thanks to a tip by Cameron

Aw, but they're in totally different fields! Though we could have McKay snarking on the soft sciences again.

I hope they do something good and hopefully I'll be caught up by then. Having the reruns on at night are helping out a lot.

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Aw, but they're in totally different fields

Im sure they can think of some sciency conflict for the two

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Im sure they can think of some sciency conflict for the two

Rodney certainly can :P

ziga1980
February 9th, 2008, 04:23 AM
whatever they do i hope they can spice up the show. it's getting kinda boring right now. compared to SG-1 it's just a cheap kickoff.

Jeff O'Connor
February 9th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well, Weir's return, had it been done right, could have spiced things up, but given Ms. Higginson's rejection, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been superb to begin with. Of course, this is simply coming from an Elizabeth Weir fan who is still shuffling his emotional reaction to the news, so you could well disagree with me.

No, I think regardless of all that, what this show really needs now is a powerful new enemy, that isn't a ripoff of something which has already transpired, isn't a complete scream of rehashes of sci-fi cliches and can be looked upon as incredibly satisfying when it comes to build-up episodes and resolutions, a combination which hasn't really been pulled off in Stargate Atlantis. We have mixed moments in both, but the Wraith have never been so solid as to constantly leave us waiting for more, nor the Asurans. Usually I've seen it as a matter of tense, witty enough build-up downplayed in what are supposed to be tremendously poignant episodes they've aimed for, but only a few times has it really worked. (Such as the Siege portion of the show; that satisfied me. But it's a rarity in that department.)

Also, it needs more Genii, and it needs a return to viewing them as was done before, not opportunistic mercenaries interfering with things for business transaction purposes or what-have-you, but a more consistent display of strength. Or finally make them the Tok'ra 2.0 the show originally seemed to think they'd become. And bring Kolya back. Somehow. And have Sora hellbent on revenge. Finally. Even though that almost definitely ain't gonna happen.

TPTB have a fatal flaw in this series. They can come up with some striking new features, but their problem is a strange one; they don't know where to go with the brainstormed wonders they envision. We have seen countless times things that sound amazing on paper and even begin as such turn to stardust, and I'm getting tired of it.

I do love the show; I'm not an anti-fan, I will watch the fifth season. (Even despite how much I bitterly miss Weir, heh.) But it... gets aggravating.

I'll post more of what I think could really bring this show to powerhouse status later. (Except in a more appropriate thread... oops, just remembered this is about Michael Shanks!)

Uhh. Uh... oh, here. I can still redeem myself. I know what would be really kickass and help Stargate Atlantis to prosper again. Yes... I know.

Daniel Jackson!

ReganX
February 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM

If they do that, I will immediately turn off the episode and ensure that I avoid all future appearances by Daniel like the plague.

I do not want to see the Atlantis team turned into idiots in order to champion Daniel as the "expert on the Ancients".

flynn1959
February 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I think I missed something, is it a fact that Daniel is only in two episodes? And if so do we know which two?

SGFerrit
February 9th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I think I missed something, is it a fact that Daniel is only in two episodes? And if so do we know which two?

Yep, it's a two parter. We only currently know the name of the first 4 eps though, so we don't have any idea yet. It could be an early season two parter, or it could be the mid season 2 parter. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I hope Sam is in the episodes with Daniel, I always like them together. Bbut they said they only have her locked in for two so far, and I expect they are the first two:(

Natasha
February 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Daniel in Atlantis! I cant wait! Its taken long enough.:p
Of all the SG1 characters it makes the most sense for Daniel to make an appearance. Looking forward to Daniel actually getting a chance to see the rest of the city because lets face it in 'Pegasus Project' he didn't see much. Unless it happened off camera.;)

StevenCaldwell
February 9th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I think it will be good to see jackson in atlantis, he has realy good knowlege of the ancients and how there tech works. could imagin McKay, carter and jackson in atlantis, would be very good.

thekillman
February 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
to quote starcraft II: "hell, its about time". dammit hes been kept from it for 5 years. pegasus project doesnt count. too short. hes the guy who discovered it!. he has the RIGHT to get there. and why doesnt he become commander. would be so nice..... or have some kickass eppys. i really miss him. hes the great guy when it comes to ancients. he speaks it like his motherlanguage!

infact, im amazed carter came to atlantis. instead daniel wouldve been better. hes the god of ancient language, and understanding. yet hes left out like a lil kid

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Yep, it's a two parter. We only currently know the name of the first 4 eps though, so we don't have any idea yet. It could be an early season two parter, or it could be the mid season 2 parter. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I hope Sam is in the episodes with Daniel, I always like them together. Bbut they said they only have her locked in for two so far, and I expect they are the first two:(

Sam might be in latter eps so it's possible.

flynn1959
February 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the info.:) I will look forward to seeing them, even if it is only two. I miss Daniel.

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think similar to Progeny and Real World in season 3, when they introduced the Asurans, Daniel's two parter will be the 5th and 6th episode in season 5. :)

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I think similar to Progeny and Real World in season 3, when they introduced the Asurans, Daniel's two parter will be the 5th and 6th episode in season 5. :)

or it could be the mid-season two-parter

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM

I'd be happy with that, but then I'm happy anyway because we already know we have MS/Daniel for 2 eps...

or it could be the mid-season two-parter

...A huge mid-season two-parter would be excellent IMO :)

the fifth man
February 9th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I can't wait to see Daniel again. And in Atlantis.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I think the introducing of new race is a bit late in mid-season two-parter, because if the want to make 4-5 episodes about them, than every plot centric episodes have to be about them in the season and they won't have enough time for Michael or the Wraith. :( So I would like to see earlier rather in 5x05-5x06 + 5x10-5x11 or 5x18-5x19. ;)

heliosphere
February 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I do hope they come up with something creative and integrative for him to be there for. I want to see him interacting with so many different Atlantis characters.

There's a well done but kind of sad fanvid out on the internet I saw once to Simon and Garfunkel's "Scarborough Fair" that's about Daniel's longing to to to Atlantis and how he has all this work with the ancients and then ascension. And it highlights all his work to put together the clues to find the Lost City, but yet he never gets to go there when it's all finally said and done.

So I'm glad they were able to have him on Atlantis. And alternately a little worried that it might mean MS hasn't found much work now that SG1 is over, though people keep assuring me there's stuff in the works.

scififreak23
February 10th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I can't wait for daniel to come back!I miss him. I hope they make an episode that has alot of mythology and legends involved in it like the whole quest for the holy grail thing that they did on sg-1.

JohnRico
February 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
So I'm glad they were able to have him on Atlantis. And alternately a little worried that it might mean MS hasn't found much work now that SG1 is over, though people keep assuring me there's stuff in the works.

Michael & Christopher Judge have a Show in the works that they did get the green light to film last I read

Vaniel4evah!
February 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I'm glad to hear this news. Daniel is the best character in the Stargate 'verse and I'm looking forward to seeing him on Atlantis.

Sp!der
February 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
my dear daniel.. i luv yah u little..^^

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info.:) I will look forward to seeing them, even if it is only two. I miss Daniel.

Finally something we can agree on!:)

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Michael & Christopher Judge have a Show in the works that they did get the green light to film last I read

According to Mallozzi, they're still shopping it around.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
According to Mallozzi, they're still shopping it around.

Yeah I didn't think it was even close to getting green lit.

heliosphere
February 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM
The RoA thing, they haven't even filmed the pilot yet, correct? That's what I understood. I thought MGM gave it a go-ahead to shoot the pilot and they were waiting on a director from 24 to have some free time or something. I'm out of date on their projects since classes started. I also thought he and CJ were going to do some hot men of sci-fi calender like they did the hot women of sci-fi a few years ago with their company of the same name.

I'm just a little sad that I have seen people say MS was desperate for work and that's why he's going to be on Atlantis for a couple of appearances. It can't just be that he was happy to do them? He's tied up in the storyline enough that it wouldn't be too shoehorning for him to appear there.

Sprinkles
February 12th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I'm just a little sad that I have seen people say MS was desperate for work and that's why he's going to be on Atlantis for a couple of appearances. It can't just be that he was happy to do them? He's tied up in the storyline enough that it wouldn't be too shoehorning for him to appear there.

I'm sure Michael is doing just fine :), in a recent con report I read he said he wanted to work on Atlantis simply becuase he enjoyed working with that particular group of people (the stargate cast and crew).
He worked within the Stargate francise for 10 years and I think he would need little excuse to work with them them again, all the cast have talked about the fun they have on set. :)

flynn1959
February 18th, 2008, 03:08 AM
The RoA thing, they haven't even filmed the pilot yet, correct? That's what I understood. I thought MGM gave it a go-ahead to shoot the pilot and they were waiting on a director from 24 to have some free time or something. I'm out of date on their projects since classes started. I also thought he and CJ were going to do some hot men of sci-fi calender like they did the hot women of sci-fi a few years ago with their company of the same name.

Don't worry the ROA thing has been on hold because of the writers strike, they do have the green light to go ahead with it for the pilot. MS has said many times that he took time off to be with his family, he hasn't worked because he didn't want to, not because he couldn't.

The calendar thing is on hold too because CJ is busy writing the new show.

I am sure MS wanted to be on a couple of episodes of Atlantis because he loves the character so much and as a loyal supporter of the franchise I am sure he is more than happy to give the show a little ratings boost.:)

Don't take nay notice of what some people say about MS, listen to the man himself.

I don't think an actor as great as MS will ever want for work, that said he has also made it quite clear that he never has to work again if he doesn't want to. He has been very astute financially I hear!

Just sit back and look forward to more DJ/MS on Stargate.:)

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Im betting Daniel Jackson unleashes another evil onto the galaxy... :P

Alex Carter
February 18th, 2008, 06:38 AM
It was about time MS joined for a few eps, I LIKE IT

discodiva
February 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Don't take nay notice of what some people say about MS, listen to the man himself.

Exactly....one thing I've learnt very quickly in this fractured fandom - wait for the horse's mouth to speak, not the fans' speculation....;)

I don't think an actor as great as MS will ever want for work, that said he has also made it quite clear that he never has to work again if he doesn't want to. He has been very astute financially I hear!

Well, wasn't he studying for a Business Degree before he changed to Acting?....good for him for being so sensible and forward planning...:D

Just sit back and look forward to more DJ/MS on Stargate.:)

*sighs*....how I'd love to, but won't thanks to Virgin Media...:mad:....but I know he's going to make a great guest star....:daniel:......I just hope he gets a bit further in his explorations this time than being stuck in a room with an Ancient.....;)

Deeds xx

MattSilver 3k
February 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Daniel in Atlantis = awesome.

Now all the real SG-1 characters have been in.

Geral
February 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM
A fan over at JoeFlaniganOnline@yahoogroups.com reported that Michael Shanks said at his convention talk yesterday (Nov 17th) that he has been contacted by Joe Mallozzi about appearing in season 5 of SGA.

Nothing definitive yet.
I wish he was in more episodes. I like him because he's grounded in SG lore, something SGA has been lacking lately.

Mitchell82
February 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Im betting Daniel Jackson unleashes another evil onto the galaxy... :P

Mickey Mouse?;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 19th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Mickey Mouse?;)

Micky Mouse? Yeah right... Don't you mean Minnie Mouse after she find out Micky is seeing someone at Atlantis behind her back :P

She'll stop at nothing till everyone is dead! :P

To aid her in this she calls upon Danger Mouse and Penfold! :P:P:P

Cpt.McLane
February 20th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I wonder what the authors want to do with Daniel on Atlantis. Is it a new 4-5 episode story arc in season 5? Daniel is an expert in archeology, multi-lingual, has ascended twice... So what kind of use would he have for the Atlantis team? Will he just do his research on Atlantis or will he join Sheppard or another team?

Sprinkles
February 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I wonder what the authors want to do with Daniel on Atlantis. Is it a new 4-5 episode story arc in season 5? Daniel is an expert in archeology, multi-lingual, has ascended twice... So what kind of use would he have for the Atlantis team? Will he just do his research on Atlantis or will he join Sheppard or another team?

He has alot of expertise so I guess they could use him to facilitate a new discovery or solve a problem? I imagine Daniel would be studying all the information he can that comes from Atlantis regarding the Acients anyway.

He is 'so far' only in two epsiodes so I guess they will be limited to what they can do with him but either way I'm looking forward to finding out! :D

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM

He is perhaps an expert on matters relating to the Ancients... besides, Im pretty sure they will give him a good reason for appearing on Atlantis. After all, before the whole Ori problem, he was going to head there anyway until the ship left without him.

Colonel Eriksen
February 20th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Well I can’t wait to see him on Atlantis and I hope it is in many episodes :daniel:

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Micky Mouse? Yeah right... Don't you mean Minnie Mouse after she find out Micky is seeing someone at Atlantis behind her back :P

She'll stop at nothing till everyone is dead! :P

To aid her in this she calls upon Danger Mouse and Penfold! :P:P:P
LMAO!

suse
February 20th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'd rather not have him in on SGA at all, especially since they are already adding other characters. I've seen enough of Daniel to last several lifetimes. At least.

suse

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I'd rather not have him in on SGA at all, especially since they are already adding other characters. I've seen enough of Daniel to last several lifetimes. At least.

suse

Daniel will only be in two eps and I doubt that TBTB would bring him back if Atlantis gets renewed

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Daniel will only be in two eps and I doubt that TBTB would bring him back if Atlantis gets renewed

Sad but true... I'll be happy with the two eps he's in though :)

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM

me too :) especially since it's supposed to be a BIG two-parter :D

suse
February 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM

<<crosses fingers>> Two eps too many imo. Well, I can always do something else those eps.

suse

PG15
February 20th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Big indeed...

While Marty G. is on the set of his episode (Search and Rescue), and Paul is prepping his episode (The Seed), and I’m writing my script (Whispers), Carl is doing another rewrite of his script (Ghost in the Machine), and Alan is mulling over a possible story to slip into the #9 slot as the script originally envisioned for that spot ran into a “creative snafu” that a) moved it into the back half and b) may necessitate a change in perspective. Brad is, of course, penning #6 (can‘t wait to see the grotto), Carl is going to jump on #8 (interesting developments in this one that had Priscilla and the gang at MGM very excited), and Marty G. will do the honors for the mid-season two-parter (Welcome back to Atlantis, Dr. Jackson).

And just to keep all mentions of MS/DJ here:

Julia Justina writes: “Any news yet on how many episodes Michael Shanks/Daniel will be in next year?”

Answer: Right now, we have him for two.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/20/february-20-2008-production-progress/

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
<<crosses fingers>> Two eps too many imo. Well, I can always do something else those eps.

suse

Let me take a stab in the dark and say you're not a Daniel fan?

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Sad indeed. I love Daniel and am glad he will be in a couple eps.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM

suse

true but maybe the events in the two-parter will be important for Atlantis' future ;)

Let me take a stab in the dark and say you're not a Daniel fan?

hm are you sure? :P

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
true but maybe the events in the two-parter will be important for Atlantis' future ;)

hm are you sure? :P

*Magic 8 ball says :indeed:*

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM
*Magic 8 ball says :indeed:*

Those things can lie :P

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Those things can lie :P

They can? I had no idea!;)

Detox
February 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM
and Marty G. will do the honors for the mid-season two-parter (Welcome back to Atlantis, Dr. Jackson).

Looks like Daniel's going to play a pretty big role in Atlantis season 5.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 09:36 PM

at least in the mid-season two-parter ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
They can? I had no idea!;)

Bewere the eightball of deception! :P *consume you it will*

Fantastic isn't it? :D

at least in the mid-season two-parter ;)

Yup, best place to bring a great character in... Jack was there for S3, Daniel for S5...

Poor Teal'c only has Midway...

...But it was an awsome ep so all is well :D

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Bewere the eightball of deception! :P *consume you it will*
*bows* Yes My Master.;)

Fantastic isn't it? :D

Yup, best place to bring a great character in... Jack was there for S3, Daniel for S5...

Poor Teal'c only has Midway...

...But it was an awsome ep so all is well :D
:indeed:

Klenotka
February 21st, 2008, 04:30 AM
I am glad that Daniel will get there (and I don´t like crossovers!) because it makes sense (more than Carter). But it´s good that so far it looks only at the two-parter. I hope it won´t be any "last big mission of Daniel Jackson", with him as a main hero with SGA cast as support.

I noticed that Martin Gero should write it, which is cool imo, he is one of few authors who can write characters and SG generally, so I am hopeful.

heliosphere
February 21st, 2008, 04:42 AM
He is perhaps an expert on matters relating to the Ancients... besides, Im pretty sure they will give him a good reason for appearing on Atlantis. After all, before the whole Ori problem, he was going to head there anyway until the ship left without him.

Oh yes, it drives me bonkers when people say he has nothing to do with Atlantis. Have they not seen parts of season 7? Prometheus Unbound? The pilot for Atlantis? The beginning of season 9 of sg1? The Pegasus Project? Sure, no mentions of Daniel wanting to go there or having any hand if looking for the darn thing there:S

I'm excited to see him there. And a few episodes would be perfect. I could never see him at Atlantis permanently, speaking characterwise. Because I'm pretty sure he'd be distracted by some other shiny thing in another part of the universe soon after.

Crichiel
February 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Oh yes, it drives me bonkers when people say he has nothing to do with Atlantis. Have they not seen parts of season 7? Prometheus Unbound? The pilot for Atlantis? The beginning of season 9 of sg1? The Pegasus Project? Sure, no mentions of Daniel wanting to go there or having any hand if looking for the darn thing there:S

I'm excited to see him there. And a few episodes would be perfect. I could never see him at Atlantis permanently, speaking characterwise. Because I'm pretty sure he'd be distracted by some other shiny thing in another part of the universe soon after.

FINALLY!! Thank you thank you THANK YOU, guys! Yes, I am Daniel-biased, but, PUH-LEASE!! Out of all the chracters from SG-1, Daniel is the one for which a visit TOTALLY makes sense! :)

Cynycal
February 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
glad to see him there, again hopefully this time it'll be for longer, and he'll discover yet something even more awesome, he's been ascended so I hope they play on that again.

the fifth man
February 21st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Daniel in the mid-season two-parter? That is great news. I can't wait to see Daniel back in Atlantis.

flynn1959
February 22nd, 2008, 01:32 PM

Two episodes are better than none, I didn't think I would have any episodes to watch. :) As for bringing him back in season six? I doubt they could afford him!

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Two episodes are better than none, I didn't think I would have any episodes to watch. :)

yeah me too. and I'm very much looking forward to the mid-season two-parter :)

As for bringing him back in season six? I doubt they could afford him!

money's not the only reason imo. I just think TBTB don't want to bring too many SG-1 character over at the same time. Sam's base commander in s4 and we saw Teal'c in Midway and Daniel will be in s5. so maybe s6 might feature another visit from Teal'c or Sam (or even Jack ;))

xSFx
February 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Seing as Daniel is the only guy who can discover new technology in the Stargate Universe, we should deffinetly have him around.

Perhaps he might even find some furlings in the Pegasus galaxy.

Jumper_One
February 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Seing as Daniel is the only guy who can discover new technology in the Stargate Universe, we should deffinetly have him around.

Perhaps he might even find some furlings in the Pegasus galaxy.

LOL I doubt it :P

Fenrir Foxz
February 23rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
LOL I doubt it :P

Zach
February 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
It will be great to have Shanks back even if it is just for a couple of mid-season eps.

Jumper_One
February 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
It will be great to have Shanks back even if it is just for a couple of mid-season eps.

true and remember those eps are supposed to be BIG ;)

flynn1959
February 26th, 2008, 08:23 AM
true and remember those eps are supposed to be BIG ;)

ANY episode with Daniel in is big to me!

jelgate
February 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Now thats what you call a die hard fan.

Integrabyte
February 26th, 2008, 08:28 AM

If Vala joins him it will be bigger ;).

Fenrir Foxz
February 26th, 2008, 08:30 AM

Yup... I've been looking forward to Daniel coming to Atlantis for ages so this 2 part-ep for me will be awsome!:P

Now thats what you call a die hard fan.

Pitry
February 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'm not quite sure I\'m, happy with it beign the mid-season finale. They tend to be very action/explosion oriented, even more than your regular Atlantis episode. I'd have prefered to see him in somethnig more character oriented... ah, well.

JohnRico
February 26th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I just hope Daniels first show up does not happen like the recent Carson one :S When he shows up during the last five minutes of Part 1

Crichiel
February 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I just hope Daniels first show up does not happen like the recent Carson one :S When he shows up during the last five minutes of Part 1

ARGH!!!!! I didn't even think of that! If they do that again, so help me...!! :mad::mad::mad:

Fenrir Foxz
February 26th, 2008, 01:15 PM
ARGH!!!!! I didn't even think of that! If they do that again, so help me...!! :mad::mad::mad:

I don't think TPTB will do that with Daniel *If fact I cannot see it happening ;)* But I would also be very unhappy if that was the case...

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think TPTB will do that with Daniel *If fact I cannot see it happening ;)* But I would also be very unhappy if that was the case...

nah I don't see it either. he'll have lots of screentime in both parts imo

Crichiel
February 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
nah I don't see it either. he'll have lots of screentime in both parts imo

Ok, I took a deep breath and I have calmed down now. ;) I don't honestly think they would do that to him, either, but you never know. It would make sense to ME that since they worked out a deal with MS to come to set, they would want to take full advantage of it (like they did with RDA by putting him in 2 episodes of SG-1 and 3 of SGA last season during the time he was in Vancouver to film). No sense in worrying about it at this stage in the game! But, so help me.......:D

Fenrir Foxz
February 26th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ok, I took a deep breath and I have calmed down now. ;) I don't honestly think they would do that to him, either, but you never know. It would make sense to ME that since they worked out a deal with MS to come to set, they would want to take full advantage of it (like they did with RDA by putting him in 2 episodes of SG-1 and 3 of SGA last season during the time he was in Vancouver to film). No sense in worrying about it at this stage in the game! But, so help me.......:D

Yup, there is no way TPTB would get MS to the set just for something like a 5 min shot... Take 'Midway' as an example, they'll take full advantage of having Daniel there ;)

Jumper_One
February 26th, 2008, 01:51 PM

honestly I wouldn't worry. Jack was in The Return Part 1 and 2, we saw a lot of Teal'c in Midway and I bet they will use Daniel in the mid-season two-parter! it's probably the only time that he'll show up in Atlantis, there's no way it'll be the same as with Carson imo

Yup, there is no way TPTB would get MS to the set just for something like a 5 min shot... Take 'Midway' as an example, they'll take full advantage of having Daniel there ;)

indeed, Midway is a good example

Integrabyte
February 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Michael Shanks in Atlantis means one thing : E X P L O R A T I O N :P ***yooo hoooo ooooo****

Everyone with me now :

E X P L O R A T I O N

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Do this till you hyperventilate and fall down like me :P