This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Ships w/ Drones == Yep

After Carter's vision in "The Seer", it looks pretty clear now that Asuran ships come outfitted with drones, which appear to be fired at about the same rate that the unidentified yellowly blobs were in "Lifeline".

The drones also seem to be considerably larger than the drones of Atlantis / Puddle Jumpers; perhaps the Replicators, in the 10,000 years or so since the Lanteans left Pegasus, saw fit to produce a larger, ship-to-ship form of drones capable of dealing much larger damage in smaller numbers...

i just watched the scene from lifelin in slow motion they are drones

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
      i just watched the scene from lifelin in slow motion they are drones
      Yeah, I said that before when Lifeline aired but everyone argued with me lol :-P

Comment

So our shields can whistand drones *cough cough*
        Ain't drones supposed to pass through shields ? Ok our shields are asgard but ... still, powered by human tech so kinda weak ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
          After Carter's vision in "The Seer", it looks pretty clear now that Asuran ships come outfitted with drones, which appear to be fired at about the same rate that the unidentified yellowly blobs were in "Lifeline".

The drones also seem to be considerably larger than the drones of Atlantis / Puddle Jumpers; perhaps the Replicators, in the 10,000 years or so since the Lanteans left Pegasus, saw fit to produce a larger, ship-to-ship form of drones capable of dealing much larger damage in smaller numbers...
          Um... no. That ship could've been:

1. The Traveler one. Just because the team ASSUMES it means Replicators doesn't mean it is. The Travelers could still turn out to be enemies and attack us.

2. It was Aurora-class, not the cool new Asuran ships used in "Lifeline". Therefore, the "Lifeline" ships could still use drones. This proves nothing.

3. The drones in this episode looked NOTHING like the energy blasts in "Lifeline"...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
            So our shields can whistand drones *cough cough*
            Ain't drones supposed to pass through shields ? Ok our shields are asgard but ... still, powered by human tech so kinda weak ...
            didn't ever know drones were supposed to pass through shields and if you're thinking about lost city i think that was because the had just introduced drones

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

The vision was of an Aurora class ship which undoubtedly has drones. The ship in lifeline was not an Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post

I don't think they're realistically larger. The drones fired by Sheppard in Siege were huge as well, but then got shrinked mid flight as they returned to a normal size.
                Besides, we saw how small they were when stored on racks.

I woldn't put much stock into different size theories.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The Asurans ships, like the Ancient ships, lack raw power lasers. Drones are no good against advanced shields.

I been spoiled by the toilet seat unstoppable Ori ships.

Comment

The drones were normal sized. However, I'm surprised it took so few drones to destroy Atlantis (presumably). Will this come to pass? I can't see it happening, plus
                    Spoiler:
                    Atlantis is still around in the end of season 4 apparently, not that they will destroy Atlantis, at least I hope they won't.

Vala,

Comment

Was Atlantis actually destroyed, or was it just beaten up badly? I can't remember.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        Was Atlantis actually destroyed, or was it just beaten up badly? I can't remember.
                        It was just beaten up badly, but that was in the vision. It never really happend, yet.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

I still cant see why the hell the replicators are still alive! Go to Ida, fetch a replicator disruptor satalite, go to asuris and wipe them out. It would take all of 1 episode.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            I still cant see why the hell the replicators are still alive! Go to Ida, fetch a replicator disruptor satalite, go to asuris and wipe them out. It would take all of 1 episode.
                            They would have to modify the frequency again because the replicators are immune. In fact, they should modify it several times so they can have different frequencies ready should the replicators acquire immunity again.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

So. These replicators and the origionals are not the same and likely opperate on different frequencys. The asgard would have had dozens and we should have one from them at the gamma site/beta site. The fact carter, who is the only human to have touched a satellite, was there when it was built cant remember that they exist has begun to annoy the hell out of me.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X