This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming nules on Hives

I know it is pretty clearly stated that the wraith can jam the beaming tech, but what prevents us from beaming nukes NEAR the hives?

I'm sure they can't jam the entire space around their hive for miles..
    Last edited by wkw427; 15 November 2007, 04:48 PM.

Go Green

Nukes don't work properly in space, do they?

:O

Comment

Perhaps they stop it from being beaming within an area that would damage them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Well, most of the damage of a nuke comes from the shockwave, not from the actual explosion.
        That's the main reason that makes it a lot less efficient if it explodes outside a ship rather than inside.
        We saw that in No Man's Land, a nuke that explodes outside severly damaged the Hive, but the same nuke beamed inside destroys the Hive (The Siege part III).
        Though the Wraith are probably jamming the immediate area around the ship too, but the stupid thing is that we could beam one nuke to get clear of the dart fighters and then launch nukes the normal way, not intercepted = lots of damages to the hives.

Comment

That'd involve a LOT of practice to get that right, as you'd need to set the missile to launch after it beams and make sure it picks up the right target and just doesn't fly off to no where.
          Disliked a recent episode?
          Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
          The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
            Well, most of the damage of a nuke comes from the shockwave, not from the actual explosion.
            That's the main reason that makes it a lot less efficient if it explodes outside a ship rather than inside.
            We saw that in No Man's Land, a nuke that explodes outside severly damaged the Hive, but the same nuke beamed inside destroys the Hive (The Siege part III).
            Though the Wraith are probably jamming the immediate area around the ship too, but the stupid thing is that we could beam one nuke to get clear of the dart fighters and then launch nukes the normal way, not intercepted = lots of damages to the hives.
            Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
              That'd involve a LOT of practice to get that right, as you'd need to set the missile to launch after it beams and make sure it picks up the right target and just doesn't fly off to no where.
              Not sure you got my point entirely

1st step : beam a nuke in the middle of the dart set to explode immediatly -> boom, lots of destroyed darts.
              Repeat if necessary.
              2nd step : launch a nuke (or more) the old fashioned way from the Deadalus onto the Hive(s), boom Hive out of combat.

Comment

For step 2, the darts would shoot the nukesx before they hit the hive

Go Green

Comment

What's before step 2 ?

Comment

Oops, misunderstood.

Only problem is, you'd need to take out the majority of Darts in one shot and hope that more don't come out for support. As they seem to have a HUGE amount of Darts.

I still think the best tactic we ever came up with was railgunning the dart bay.
                    Disliked a recent episode?
                    Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                    The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Yea that's the main problem.
                      As for railgunning the dart bay, that's a good tactic yea, but we don't know why the hive stopped firing, was that because of the secondary explosions alone or because the hive was already damaged (because of the nuke) ? Still, shooting the dart bay may prevent more darts to leave the hive, thus leaving the opportunity to launch a nuke on the hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                        Not sure you got my point entirely

1st step : beam a nuke in the middle of the dart set to explode immediatly -> boom, lots of destroyed darts.
                        Repeat if necessary.
                        2nd step : launch a nuke (or more) the old fashioned way from the Deadalus onto the Hive(s), boom Hive out of combat.
                        They'd just jam the entire area, thus preventing you from nuking the dart area.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

They do, but their range is more limited. A nuke in space will still release a huge amount of radiations, and those interacting with matter will increase the temperature of said matter.

A nuke detonated at a close range is destructive.

I think the jamming extends beyond the ship's structure. It would cover an area around the ship.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well what about this. It was mentioned on sg1.

They bring a nuke out of phase, beam it onto the ship, bring it back into phase, and detonate it.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                              Well what about this. It was mentioned on sg1.

They bring a nuke out of phase, beam it onto the ship, bring it back into phase, and detonate it.
                              or use those missile that dammit i forgot there species name,...those advanced human specials with phase tech, they built missile that can pass through shields etc for the guald
                              Last edited by jhkplaya888; 14 November 2007, 05:49 PM.
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Working...
                              X