PDA

View Full Version : Frankenfish

Supreme Commander Thor
October 6th, 2004, 11:13 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me... FRANKENFISH!?!?! Man, there seems to be NO END to stupid scifi movies... I cannot beleive someone put money into making that...

10 bucks says it is HORRIBLE

*RA
October 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah I agree, but they do seem to get ratings for these things, I personally think they should have put the money in to the SG Shows. I hate hearing about the buget restrictions on these shows, but then they turn around and make these lame movies.

Supreme Commander Thor
October 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Raptor Island was anotherexample of a terrible movie they sunk money into... MAN!! It was terrible...

LoneStar1836
October 6th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Hey, don't dis Raptor Island. That had a great story and some Oscar winning acting. ;) Hasn't Sci-fi made this movie already? It was called Snakehead Terror. We need another killer fish movie like we need another anaconda movie.

I'll get in on that action. Put me down for $100 that it's worse than Snakehead Terror. At least that movie had Chevron Guy to save it from total crap.

Ramne
October 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Sometimes late at night, I like to catch some bad horror movie. I saw the commercials for this one, and it looks stupid. But I will watch it on name alone! That name is so stupid, it's funny.

Major Fischer
October 7th, 2004, 07:42 PM
I thought the commercial for it was a spoof. Until the horrible realization that it wasn't.

S0f4
October 7th, 2004, 08:26 PM
the name alone tells you its going to be pure crap. Hopefully the city-people in the show realize they can eat their "terrorizer" and make sushi out of it. Obviously people dont learn from other failures.

JediTrilobite
October 8th, 2004, 06:24 AM
I think that Sci-Fi should invest all of their money for these movies and stick it into a fund for their miniseries. Those are good.

aschen
October 8th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I'm sure Frankenfish will be just as bad as the Python and Anaconda movies. (No offense to those who enoy them.)

michelleb
October 8th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Ok, I have to ask, not having seen this wonder in London...what is Frankenfish?

aschen
October 8th, 2004, 06:33 AM
You remember that thing with the fish that could walk on land? It's from China, I think. Snake head something or other. Well basically Frankenfish is a mutated form of it. Corniness, right?

michelleb
October 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Yes, i've heard about the fish that could walk..someone made a movie? why? and why did anybody ever think there'd be people out there who'd want to see a movie about it?

aschen
October 8th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Actually, there were two movies. "Snakehead Terror" and now "Frankenfish."

At least they're not making a movie about mutated terrorists!

Ramne
October 8th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Maybe if it has some success, they will make Bride of Frankenfish.

Major Fischer
October 8th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Michelle, some idiot released a breeding pair of chinese snakehead fish (that he had been going to grill) into a pond in the eastern United States and it's been destroying lots of natives species...

... how or why SciFi decided that making a movie about a six foot long version the size of a black bear would be a good idea is a mystery for the ages.

aschen
October 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
It's easy Fisch... Stupid people put snakehead fish in a pond. Stupid people made "Frankenfish." :D

Major Fischer
October 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
It's easy Fisch... Stupid people put snakehead fish in a pond. Stupid people made "Frankenfish." :D

Idiots abound I suppose...

aschen
October 8th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Then there was that other movie about the half shark half man...thing... I no longer go in the ocean. -.-

michelleb
October 8th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Michelle, some idiot released a breeding pair of chinese snakehead fish (that he had been going to grill) into a pond in the eastern United States and it's been destroying lots of natives species...

... how or why SciFi decided that making a movie about a six foot long version the size of a black bear would be a good idea is a mystery for the ages.

i heard about that, it was on the urban legends site...what happened to classic horror movies that relied on atmosphere and lighting and shadows to scare you? somehow, really, i don't think i'd be scared by frankenfish...

Major Fischer
October 8th, 2004, 07:17 AM
i heard about that, it was on the urban legends site...what happened to classic horror movies that relied on atmosphere and lighting and shadows to scare you? somehow, really, i don't think i'd be scared by frankenfish...

You wouldn't be. Like I said, I thought that the commercial for it was a joke when I first saw it. Until there wasn't a punchline.

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I tried to watch this, I didn't make it past the first 20min.

NightGloom
October 10th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I only saw the first few minutes, but can I still make fun of it? Even just because of the name?

Maybe they can make a "Young Frankenfish"

Nevermind dressing up as Frankenstein's monster this Halloween, kids! Go as Frankenfish!

There can be a Fishy Horror Picture show too, starring Tim Curry as Fishin' Furter!

Oh, this is too fun! :p

alaskannut
October 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I tried to watch this, I didn't make it past the first 20min.
Uhg....whoever thought up that...that ....abomination of a telemovie needs to be taken out into the street and trampled to death by an enraged crowd of scifi fans. That has got to have been the worst telemovie I've ever seen...even worse than Atomic Train or Y2K!!

Ramne
October 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Nice reviews so far, I actually taped it... no, really! If I get drunk enough sometime this week, I will pop it in and see if I can sit through it :D

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 06:19 PM
It will most likely sober you up.

aschen
October 10th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Nice reviews so far, I actually taped it... no, really! If I get drunk enough sometime this week, I will pop it in and see if I can sit through it :D

Yeah, that definetly seems like the kinda movie you wanna see inebriated!

DownFallAngel
October 10th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Can anyone say emmy?!

FOR STUPID MOVIE EVER!

And they canceled FARSCAPE why?

aschen
October 10th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Some people just don't know what good TV is! At least there's that mini-series coming up. That's SORT of redeeming.

Major Fischer
October 10th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Or watching will make you think you are drunk...