This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori vs Wraith + Ori tech

How much Ori tech do you think is based on ancient technology, also do you think that their sheilds, if they are based on ancient tech, are similar to the ones on atlantis? If this thread has been done feel free to delete it.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

to be honest i think the ori shields are nothing like ancient and also i think ori tech is differnt to ancient because the ship design are totally different also power sources are
    sigpic
    [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

They both have rings, or in the Ancients case they did have rings.

But the ori shields are powered by somthing other than a ZPM.

Comment

Not entirely true about the powersource, the smaller technologies use the same types of crystals as the ancients and one is seemingly more powerful than a naquadah generator.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well we also have to remember that in an alternate reality, the SGC used the chair in Antartica to destroy an Ori fleet (or just one ship if forget) when they decide to attack Earth.
          So that means that the drones are capable of destroying them, although one drone was not enough to destroy a shielded Puddle Jumper (even though it took out the shields.)
          I think that Ori technology is less powerful than Ancient because the Ori are capable of using their ascended powers, while the Ancients, when developing their technologies, were not ascended and so had no choice but to build them as strong and powerful as they could, especially when dealing with the Wraith.
          Ori vs. Wraith? The Ori would get kicked out of the galaxy. Once the people realize that Origin doesnt protect them from life sucking monsters, they'll have more problems than just the Wraith on their hands.

Comment

President Landry said that they were able to fend off a single ori mothership, no confirmation if they destroyed it or not.

But i am unsure of how the ori would fare against the entire wraith force in a battle scene like that in crusade. But i think there will be casualties on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              President Landry said that they were able to fend off a single ori mothership, no confirmation if they destroyed it or not.

But i am unsure of how the ori would fare against the entire wraith force in a battle scene like that in crusade. But i think there will be casualties on both sides.
              the ori would win hands down did landry really say that i thought he said he destroyed the ori mothership???
              sigpic
              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

Originally posted by e1atlantis View Post
                Well we also have to remember that in an alternate reality, the SGC used the chair in Antartica to destroy an Ori fleet (or just one ship if forget) when they decide to attack Earth.
                So that means that the drones are capable of destroying them, although one drone was not enough to destroy a shielded Puddle Jumper (even though it took out the shields.)
                I think that Ori technology is less powerful than Ancient because the Ori are capable of using their ascended powers, while the Ancients, when developing their technologies, were not ascended and so had no choice but to build them as strong and powerful as they could, especially when dealing with the Wraith.
                Ori vs. Wraith? The Ori would get kicked out of the galaxy. Once the people realize that Origin doesnt protect them from life sucking monsters, they'll have more problems than just the Wraith on their hands.
                The SGC fended off one Ori ship, no mention of destroying it and thy depleted their ZPM in doing so. The fended off part does imply drones have an effect but who knows how many it would take to actually destroy an Ori ship. The Ori beam is also capable of taking down an ancient ship, so it works both ways, just which one is quicker.

I really don't understand why people seem to think the Ancients were more advanced than the Ori are now, at the very least they're on par, to be honest nothing shown by the ancients has surpassed that of the Ori other than Atlantis, which the Ori could have their own version of.

Ori vs Wraith, Lol, if the Ori attacked in mass numbers the Wraith would be sent running with their tails between their legs. The Ori ships are obviously much more powerful than a Hive and the Ori have an entire Galaxy of followers to send at the Wraith, all they'd need to do is establish a supergate. The Advantage the Ori have over the ancients is that the Wraith can't attack their planets, they'd need to get all the way to the Ori home galaxy which is very unlikely. If they did manage to get to the Ori home galaxy via supergate they'd be demolished, with only one entrance into the Galaxy they'd be quickly stopped.
                Last edited by kirmit; 12 November 2007, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Not to mention that the Ascended Ori would be able to use their godlike powers anywhere since Alterans won't act outside the MW.

Comment

But i dont really feel that a single shot would take out a hive, two or three seems more reasonable. But either way 4 ori motherships against 60 hives which had the most powerful beam weapons before the ori motherships came would be a pretty harsh battle for both sides. The bolts are the same size, its just the ori ones are sustained

Comment

But i dont really feel that a single shot would take out a hive, two or three seems more reasonable. But either way 4 ori motherships against 60 hives which had the most powerful beam weapons before the ori motherships came would be a pretty harsh battle for both sides. The bolts are the same size, its just the ori ones are sustained
                      The Wraith don't have any beam weapons, they have energy weapons which are more comparable to the Ori secondary fire than it's beam, the Ori secondary fire is a little faster than wraith though. The beam itself is much more powerful than the Wraith weapons, if it slices the hive in half like the ancient satellite game over, if it only immobilises the hive the second shot will surely put an end to the ship. The question is what's stronger Hive Armour of Ha'tak shields? The Ori beam can go all the way through a ha'taks shield and the actual ha'tak without even slowing down, could it do the same to a hive?

Comment

im not saying a single hive would be able to put up a fight im saying the full force of the wraith fleet, 60+ ships with the 3rd most powerful ship based weapon we have seen as of yet not including anubis's weapons and ships that have appeard only once. The hive blasts are powerful by its self and the impact area it would do is almost the same as that of the ori main canon, the ori's canon just sustains the shot much longer and there presumably more energy packed into it. But if you watch the siege and crusade even with unaided scailin you would determine that the satelite beam is much much larger than the ori beam. it may punch through but it wouldnt have the immediate shredding the ship in half affect that the ancient sat had. I would imagine as they are trying to take apart each hive the shields would buckle under the overwhelming firepower

Comment

Well I just thought I would add that the Ancient satilite destroyed the hive in one hit, spliting it in half.

Now if you think of it a sustained beam would be more effective against a hive than a drone since it takes thousands of drones to do what one beam could do.

And that it takes less power to operate, it takes only one nq generator to fire multiple beams, then a power source from a Ori staff weapon would be able to do the same. I think.

Comment

I believe that the ori are descended from the ancients just they believed they should be worshiped as gods, where the ancients should not. Also we can see similarities between the ori and ancient tech. Is it possible that the ori just created a new ship design to suit their purpose.

In the battle with the wraith I think the ori would probably win because they have the most powerful shields and weapons seen on the show as of yet. Only atlantis rivals it. If the ori shields are similar to atlantis' they shouldn't lose, especially if they weren't as passive as the ancients.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                              I believe that the ori are descended from the ancients just they believed they should be worshiped as gods, where the ancients should not. Also we can see similarities between the ori and ancient tech. Is it possible that the ori just created a new ship design to suit their purpose.

In the battle with the wraith I think the ori would probably win because they have the most powerful shields and weapons seen on the show as of yet. Only atlantis rivals it. If the ori shields are similar to atlantis' they shouldn't lose, especially if they weren't as passive as the ancients.
                              i thought both the ori and the ancients are decendents of the same race the alterins i think they were called
                              sigpic
                              Sig For Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X