Better F-302's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better F-302's

just wondering what u guys think we could do to make better 302's and possibly 304's

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

MORE MEW MEW LESS PEW PEW

see diagram below:

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
      just wondering what u guys think we could do to make better 302's and possibly 304's
      add the energy weapons ( if possible) and maybe some type of shielding.

and if you want to be greedy a hyperdrive engine

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
        add the energy weapons ( if possible) and maybe some type of shielding.

and if you want to be greedy a hyperdrive engine
        We technically have one. It just doesn't work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
          MORE MEW MEW LESS PEW PEW

see diagram below:
          what about sharkswithzomglazers ?

Comment

Well the shielding doesn't have to be PJ level maybe survive 1 or 2 shots from a glider or dart...just enough to give it survivability they do cost a pretty penny.

Comment

I would think by now the Taur'i should have mastered, or at least gained competence in the anti-gravity drive that death gliders use, so the hybrid engines thay use now could be done away with.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Maybe they could use this as a new 302 which was done by elitewolverine

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/264821-post265.html
                sigpic
                "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  I would think by now the Taur'i should have mastered, or at least gained competence in the anti-gravity drive that death gliders use, so the hybrid engines thay use now could be done away with.
                  I think the reason why the 302's still use jet/aerospike engines was because of the extra thrusts and maneuverability the engines provide both in and out atmosphere.
                  "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

many of the f-302 materials and parts are easily made. thats why they have earth thrusters. however i think they should replace the hyperdrive with a shield. in addition to regular missles they should add energy pulse guns. perhaps even a single energy cannon[that one from the oddysey] that will be usefull. [note: the energy cannon will take up much power so other weapons cant be used]

the shield should be made so that they could withstand multiple hits from a dart, perhaps even a hit from a hiveship[you would survive. the craft would be badly damaged, but operational].

Comment

The 302's can take a hit or two from a Dart or Glider. See Cameron Mitchells run in with the Gliders at the Battle of Antarctica.

But yeah, it is something common in the military, why fix what's not broke. The 302's generally take on numerically superior foes and come out with few casualties. I just think they should be able to carry an extra 2 missile under the main carriage which are small nuclear warheads for usage against Hives or Ha'taks. As in theory, you could have a small battalion protect a planet and hold out until a 304 arrives.
                      Disliked a recent episode?
                      Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                      The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
                        The 302's can take a hit or two from a Dart or Glider. See Cameron Mitchells run in with the Gliders at the Battle of Antarctica.

But yeah, it is something common in the military, why fix what's not broke. The 302's generally take on numerically superior foes and come out with few casualties. I just think they should be able to carry an extra 2 missile under the main carriage which are small nuclear warheads for usage against Hives or Ha'taks. As in theory, you could have a small battalion protect a planet and hold out until a 304 arrives.
                        i really like that idea

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                          Better 304's requires mainly a better power source to run the existing Asgard shield, hyperdrive etc to it's full potential. A PJ's cloak. All the Asgard energy weapons & lastly the same Asgard tech that was installed on Odyssey.

Do that & it's be the ultimate ship!

Improved 302's is another easy one. Add on shields & a form of energy weapons such as those on the Darts or whatever. That would probably make it the best small craft fighter we've seen. Other additions would be a cloak & to fix the hyperdrive generator.

Comment

Replace the hyper-drive which doesn't work with the shield could even use the puddle jumper shields, it must be small?

Although I think they should arm their missles with tiny shields first, to brake through those enemy wraith darts to get to the ships. If it goes fast enough the shields wont get too much damage.

Comment

the 302's are mainly used, together with the 04's railguns, to take out the darts. dont replace the missles with energy guns. why? see no mans land. many darst miss shephard. a single 02 missle wouldve teken it down with ease. the f302 is superior to darts and glides. however a shield, and 2 pulseguns extra would make it even more superior. constant updating is nessecary to keep it superior. with the asgard database earth has access to asgard alloys. including the trinium/carbon/naquadah one. that will inprove its defenses against dart/glider fire even higher. a shield to get even more defense. next the thing can compete with a PJ. the f302 missles are like the pj's drones, exept that they cant take down a hiveship with ease and they arent so maneuverable and well controlled. yet a drone can take out darts with 1 hit, so can a f302 missle. with energy guns they have something if they dont have missles.

Comment

Working...
                              X