Pegasus Project too soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Project too soon?

Going through my SG-1 DVD's something occurred to me, do you think destroying the Ori ship in 'The Pegasus Project' happened too soon? What I mean is that these really powerful ships, the most powerful we've ever seen show up and only 3 episodes later we destroy one. In a way I think it harmed the Ori's image, the most powerful race we've ever faced and only a few episodes after they've got a foothold in our galaxy we're making them look like chumps. Don't get me wrong when watching it the first time it was cool to see and the blocking of the supergate was essential but to me the blowing up of the Ori ship wasn't needed and did more harm than good to the overall storyline.

I don't think, it shows that the priors can be as I don't know over confident as any one else. They must have detected the power build in the gate before activation and they still travelled through the area the 'kwosh' occurred.

Comment

I don't think so. If they had used a ship or something to destroy it then yes, but the way they did it, a one in a million shot, never to be repeated and a big surprise, wasn't too soon.

Comment

While i don't think it was too soon, i do think it was cheezy.. I am sure the priors had some way to detect when the gate THEY built was being activated...

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
          I don't think so. If they had used a ship or something to destroy it then yes, but the way they did it, a one in a million shot, never to be repeated and a big surprise, wasn't too soon.
          I totally agree with that. It was an ingenious, lucky plan Teal'c came up with.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
            I would've liked to of seen it eventually but imo it happened too early on in the season, I think atleast the 11th episode would've been better before we started getting one up against the Ori. What I loved about the Ori was that there was nothing we could do, we were helpless, some of this was taken away in PP and imo was too early on to do that. It was a great idea by tealc and yes a one in a million shot but I just don't see why it had to happen only 3 episodes into the season, 3 episodes after these collossal ships were introduced.

Comment

They probally just detected the normal sized gate activate. Since it jumped, there would be likely no warning that it was going to activate

Go Green

Comment

No. I think it was cool to show it in the way it actually happened. If that makes sense. I mean, it didn't lessen the impact of it in Unending when they took out the first ship. I was actually cheering at that. In PP it was just a cool and surprising way to show we still had a chance if we played our cards right.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

We just got lucky - ingenius,opportunistic, but lucky ... those aren't circumstances we could replicate so, as we couldn't do it again, you can't say we rely got ahead of the game.
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Going through my SG-1 DVD's something occurred to me, do you think destroying the Ori ship in 'The Pegasus Project' happened too soon? What I mean is that these really powerful ships, the most powerful we've ever seen show up and only 3 episodes later we destroy one. In a way I think it harmed the Ori's image, the most powerful race we've ever faced and only a few episodes after they've got a foothold in our galaxy we're making them look like chumps. Don't get me wrong when watching it the first time it was cool to see and the blocking of the supergate was essential but to me the blowing up of the Ori ship wasn't needed and did more harm than good to the overall storyline.
                    I see what you mean but... we're talking about the kawoosh! Not even the Ori stand a chance when it comes to the unstable vortex of a forming wormhole/event horison.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                      I see what you mean but... we're talking about the kawoosh! Not even the Ori stand a chance when it comes to the unstable vortex of a forming wormhole/event horison.
                      Yeah I know, hell even the great Atlantis wouldn't be able to stand upto it, I just thought it was too early on to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Yeah I know, hell even the great Atlantis wouldn't be able to stand upto it, I just thought it was too early on to do it.
                        In terms of knocking the bad guys down a peg or two I do agree with you, especially with how the Ori showed their might in "Camelot"...

Comment

I don't think so.

Considering what we learned from Crusade, wasn't like we actually knocked them down a peg or two. Just destroyed one ship by elaborate and highly unlikely means.

Could one say it was too soon for us to destroy a Goa'uld Mothership (in any form) in Upgrades?

Comment

Well I guess it's that bad considering it took us 8 episodes after the first ha'tak was introduced to destroy one (or 2 really), it just came too soon for me, They only had 4 ships in the galaxy and one was taken out 3 eps after they're introduced. I would've liked it more to the middle of the season before one of them got taken out by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                              I don't think so.

Considering what we learned from Crusade, wasn't like we actually knocked them down a peg or two. Just destroyed one ship by elaborate and highly unlikely means.

Could one say it was too soon for us to destroy a Goa'uld Mothership (in any form) in Upgrades?
                              yeah... I have no problem with how the Ori ship was destroyed, my earlier post:
                              Originally Posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord
                              I agree with Kirmit about how the Ori ships have only been in MW galaxy for a short time before one was destroyed (not the best of starts)...

If anything had to take the first Ori ship out though... I'm glad it was the kawoosh from the supergate (I really enjoyed that epp, especially that scene)...

.... And I think the first Goa'uld mothership/s to be destroyed were in season 2 "The Serpent's Lair"...

Comment

Working...
                              X